Adore You

Wolf School 2

 

 

Chapter 17

“Kris, what's going on?” Chen caught up to his boyfriend after their first class, taking him by the wrist and making him stop before he reached the others. “Baekhyun and Chanyeol are obviously arguing about something but Baek won't tell me what it is.”

“If he doesn't want to talk about it then I probably shouldn't tell you.”

“So you do know.”

Kris rolled his eyes. He had walked right into that one. He tried to turn away but Chen pulled him back and he had to admit he likes the physical contact since Chen had initiated so little of it since their argument.

“It's complicated.

“They're my friends. I just want to help.”

He looked up at his partner so earnestly that Kris felt his resolve cave easily. It wouldn't make Chen forgive him and he really didn't want to give him ideas about running off into Chanyeol's waiting arms but if it meant he got to talk to him alone for a few minutes more he was willing to do it.

“Okay, fine,” he sighed taking Chen by the elbow and directing him over to a quiet spot. “I'll tell you what happened.”


 

At lunch Kris sat with the rest of the pack but couldn't see Baekhyun, Chanyeol or Chen anywhere. He tried to focus on his food and not wonder where they all were. Probably together. Or at least two of them might be. He didn't want to think which two.

He was almost relieved when Sehun caught his eye, practically sleep walking over to get his food. He nudged Suho who was sitting beside him.

“Is Sehun okay? He doesn't look too good.”

Suho rubbed a hand over his eyes before answering. “He says he's fine but he's worrying about Lay and I'm sure he's up most of the night with his coughing. He should sleep out on the couch but he won't leave him alone. Me and Tao try to help him out but he's not resting properly.”

“He looks half asleep.”

“He is but Lay's not getting any better.”

Kris felt guilty. He had been so wrapped up in his own problems that he hadn't been helping to take care of Lay as much as he should have. Being an alpha had never been so difficult. There was no way he could take care of such a large pack without Suho's help. He should really pull his weight though.

“He needs somebody to help heal him.”

Suho shrugged. “He refuses to go to the doctor.”

Kris's eyes drifted across the room to where a new pack sat together, taking up a number of tables. They had arrived just before the spring break and had kept a low profile so far, despite being such a large pack but he had heard there was a healer amongst them. Maybe it would be worth being friendly and asking them for a favour.

He pushed his worries about Chen and the others, who still hadn't arrived, to the back of his mind and focussed instead on the very fixable problem of his sick packmate.


 

Chen had waited outside the classroom he knew Chanyeol was in before lunch and accosted him as soon as he was out of the door. The other wolf barely had time to register what was happening before Chen had a hold of him be the wrist and was pushing him into an empty room.

“Kris told me what happened last night,” he blurted.

Chanyeol's eyes went wide and he began to stutter, holding his hands up and waving them dismissively. “It's not what you think.”

“You had a dream about me.”

He blushed at the very true accusation.

“Kris said you like me and Baekhyun found out and that's why you're fighting.”

“We're not,” Chanyeol answered a little too quickly. “He's just mad but it didn't mean anything.”

“So you don't like me?” Chen carefully tried to keep his voice steady so that Chanyeol didn't mistake his tone for hurt. He found it flattering that Chanyeol found him attractive because God knows, Kris didn't seem to anymore. Or at least not enough. Still, he didn't want to mess up his friends' relationship, even accidentally.

Chanyeol's hands flopped to his sides heavily and he sighed. “It's complicated.”

Chen folded his arms and tilted his head to the side. People were saying that a lot lately.

“I love Baekhyun,” Chanyeol told him adamantly, “but lately the two of you have been spending so much time together and sharing clothes and stuff so your scent started to mix and it got confusing and things just got out of hand.”

“Is that all it is?” Chen's eyes narrowed warily.

“Of course! I love Baekhyun, I always will. I would never try anything with you and I didn't mean to hurt him. It's not like we haven't been attracted to other people before but he just won't talk to me and I can't get him to understand that it means nothing.”

“Thanks.” Chen laughed a little.

“No, I don't mean it like that.” His friend reached out for him but dropped his hands before he could touch him, remembering how bad he had made things by having feelings for the omega. “You're great and I like you but if it's a choice between you and Baekhyun then he wins every time. Sorry.”

Chen shrugged. “It's fine.”

“I just wish he would listen to me so I can tell him that.”

A smirk lifted Chen's lips and he leant to the side, looking around Chanyeol towards the doorway. “I think you just did.”

Chanyeol blinked and spun around to find Baekhyun hovering uncertainly in the doorway. He hurried towards him and caught him by the arms before he could try and escape.

“Baekhyunnie, please listen to me.”

“I heard,” he said quietly, too shy to look up at his boyfriend.

Chen chose that moment to make a quick exit. Though he couldn't help murmuring, “I told you so,” as he passed by. Baekhyun glanced up at him with a little smile.

“Baekhyun, I love you,” Chanyeol insisted. “I never would have done anything with him, even if he wasn't already with Kris. I need you to know that.”

“I know,” Baekhyun whispered, “I think.”

“I've never done anything like that to you before, have I?” He leant down trying to catch his partner's eye but Baekhyun still refused to look up.

“No,” he mumbled, “but why didn't you tell me you liked him? You always told me before and we did something about it.”

“He's with Kris. He wouldn't have let us do anything with him.”

“You could have still told me,” Baekhyun insisted softly. “Are you sure it's not something more than our scents and him being an omega and all of that stuff?”

Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun's face in his large hands and made him look up. His eyes were sad and desperate and Chanyeol's heart ached at the sight of them. “I'm positive,” he insisted. “I adore you, Baekhyun. There'll never be anyone else.”

With a sniff Baekhyun broke from his grip and pressed his face against his lover's chest. He wound his arms around his waist and clung on tightly. He couldn't imagine losing Chanyeol. He could barely even remember how he used to manage before he knew him.

“I love you,” he mumbled against the fabric of his shirt. “You have no idea how much it hurt when I thought you wanted Chen more than me.”

Chanyeol actually laughed in surprise. “You're ridiculous. I love Chen but only as a friend and a packmate. You do too.”

Baekhyun couldn't deny that and nodded quietly.

“It's just you, baby. Please forgive me for being such an idiot.”

“You're always an idiot.” With a little smile Baekhyun looked up. “But I forgive you.”

Chanyeol smiled with relief and leant down to kiss his lover's willing mouth.

 

 

No cliffhangers this time. Sorry ;-p

Guesses for who the big new pack will be?