Water Wanted

Hunter Hunted

 During one of their daily forest trips together, Kibum suddenly stopped under a blue moon wisteria vine. Its flowers fall exactly at his shoulders. The complimenting lavander and green colors of the flora match the nymph's feline-like gray eyes. Minho, in his stag form, slowly staggered and suddenly collapsed on the ground. Kibum made him a human with a flick of his fingers and rushed towards the spaced out demi-god.

“Minho? Minho are you feeling ill?” the nymph asked with concern evident in his fossil eyes.

“I... I think the air has been knocked out of my lungs,” Minho managed to say weakly.

“Are the pollens making it hard for you to breathe?” Kibum panics as he searches for any nearby flora.

“No, my nymph. It's just that you and that vine around you made you even more breath taking,” the demi-god said with a smile as his voice turned sweeter.

Kibum hit his companion on the chest. “Are you sure that your mother is Artemis? With all these words you're uttering, you might as well be Aphrodite's other son,” he teased as he helped Minho stand up.

“I'm just afraid that I'll forget the art that is speech if I'll be a stag for the majority of my waking hours. I need to practice sweet talk once in awhile,” Minho said as he stretches his muscles.

Long neck twists from side to side leaving sculptured collarbones more visible. Arms outstretched in front of him as his knuckles make small clicking sounds. Lengthy legs make a jog in place. A little jump in between is also done exposing a bit of his chiseled abdomen. Kibum audibly gulps.

“Liking what you see?” Kibum is startled by Minho's arrogant voice.

“Thirsty... I feel thirsty,” the nymph managed to whisper.

The demi-god takes a step closer to the shorter being. “Thirsty for what, my nymph?

“Water! Of course I'm thirsty for water. What are do you expect me to be thirsty for?” Kibum hurriedly say as he walked away to find a body of water in proximity.

“Perhaps something I can provide,” Minho answered.

“Hush or I'll turn you into a stag again,” threatened the nymph. Minho just chuckled.

As they approach a river, Minho jogged towards it and cupped water on his hands. Looking refreshed, he's almost going to remove his clothes when Kibum stopped him.

“Minho. Cease what you're doing and come near me,” alarm evident in the creature's voice.

The demi-god froze his actions and observed his surroundings. Nothing moved except for the flowing river.

“That river is not supposed to be here. I've guarded this forest for centuries and there shouldn't be a body of water in this location,” Kibum explained in a voice slightly louder than a whisper.

As if hearing him, the river stopped flowing. Minho jumped out of the river bed and stand beside Kibum. He reached out his right arm to protect the nymph only to find an empty space where the latter is supposed to be standing.

“Seeking for someone, Artemis's son?” Said a voice a few feet in front of him.

When he looked ahead, Minho sees Kibum immobilized by a rope-like thing made of a material resembling water. As he looks down at the river bed, the water is nowhere to be found. The hunter was about to dash towards Kibum but stopped at the being that appeared at the nymph's side.

“Taemin,” Minho hissed so full of spite Kibum was sure his abductor would be killed right now if voices can actually kill.

“I'm honored to be recognized by someone else. Being Hades' sixth river guardian is such a disappointment. No one talks about me,” Taemin pouts.

“Who in their right mind would talk about the Underworld especially the River of Disappearance?” Kibum countered with a glare.

“Your tongue is as sharp as your beautiful jawline, my nymph,” the river guardian says while caressing Kibum's face. The latter turned his face at the contact.

“He's not yours, Taemin. He's mine,” Minho angrily corrected. “Why are you here? What do you want?”

“You're asking what I want? I want him,” Taemin answered as he wraps his arm around Kibum's waist.

And just like that, the two mythical creatures vanished into thin air.