Hunter Hunted

Hunter Hunted

“WHO. DARED. TO. HUNT. MY. STAG?!”

All the animals of the woods escape to their respective hiding places as Kibum’s voice shakes the whole forest.

One brave white rabbit steps forward and reluctantly says, “M-m-my nymph.”

“What do you want, Tokki?!” Kibum almost screamed.

“A hu-hu-hunter! A hunter killed your stag!” Tokki squealed his answer.

“Lead me to my prey right away,” commands the nature spirit.

“Cease your tracks, my nymph, for your future victim is a demi-god. Fathered by a mason and birthed by Artemis, this hunter is no easy opponent,” said a dachshund.

“More like halt talking, stray dog. Are you forgetting the fact that the only reason that you’re here is because you ran away from your human owner and begged us to accept you as a forest creature?” Kibum harshly countered.

“I’ll chaperone you to him then,” the stray dog says reluctantly as he leads the way to the hunter. Kibum is one of the most caring creature ever made in this world but when he’s angry, all of the forest will break loose.

As Kibum and Yagyeon the stray dog approached the sacred pond, they begin to notice the outline of a human form.

Tall, dark and handsome, this creature is almost a god himself. Lean and muscular, it seemed that Artemis physically molded him to hunt. He has round dark brown orbs outlined by eye brows that are slightly furrowed as he concentrates on cleansing the blood on his arrow.

“Blood that was shed by killing my stag,” Kibum hissed as he shakes himself from his admiration of his supposed to be opponent.

Hearing a stranger’s voice, the hunter throws the arrow that he’s holding at the direction of the sound. Keen to his senses, Kibum dodged the weapon and dashed towards his opponent. Shocked with the speed of his attacker, the hunter confusedly found himself lying flat on his back with a hand clenching his throat.

“First, you executed my stag and now you’re trying to murder me as well. How arrogant of you, human,” Kibum accuses as his grip on the hunter’s neck tightens.

To the nymph’s disbelief, his foe grabs his wrist and brings it up. Then the hunter’s other hand pushed Kibum’s back down so their faces are just an inch away from each other.

“Demi-god, beautiful creature. I’m a demi-god,” the hunter teases as he pushes the mythical being even nearer to him.

Kibum swiftly flies away from the hunter but he slammed to a nearby hardwood and fell. The latter strode towards him and held out a hand.

“I perceived it from the moment I laid my eyes on you that you’re not a mortal, too. Allow me to assist you,” The hunter offers his hand once more to aid the fallen nymph.

With cheeks tinted red from the sudden turn of events, Kibum stood alone only to lose his balance again. Being alert as ever, the hunter caught his waist in some kind of an embrace.

“Never dare to lay your hands on me!” the nymph yelled in a mixture of surprise and bashfulness.

The taller gently released him and raised his hands above his head. “No harm done, just pampering you with care,” he added defensively.

“I offer you my gratitude for that one, Mister…?” Kibum responded meekly as he attemplted to get the other’s name.

“The name is Minho,” the latter answered while piercing the nymph with that soulful chocolate-like orbs.

“Perhaps, an interruption is already necessary here,” voiced out by the forgotten dachshund.

“You mentioned something about me killing your stag awhile ago, am I right, nymph? Am I doomed for a divine punishment of some sort?” Queried the demi-god.

“Prepare yourself to meet Hades soon,” Yagyeon mischievously said.

“No, prepare yourself to be a stag,” Kibum corrected.

“But, my nymph, a life is supposed to be paid by another life. That stag was your destined companion on Earth, given by Gaea herself. What is the meaning of this sudden change in verdict?” asked by a confused Yagyeon.

“He killed my stag and a stag he shall be,” the nymph firmly made his final decision.

Instead of being bewildered, Minho seemed to be unfazed. With an impish grin in his face, the hunter responded,

“Making me your new destined companion is already a punishment? I think that’s a blessing, my nymph.”