dining with danger

How We Fall In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The game ended with the other team winning (not surprisingly) but you felt triumphant as your personal best was a cumulative strike in the final round where two players from each team had to play (you and Suga, Jungkook and Jimin).

You were never outstandingly athletic, but you were a fast learner and by observing how everyone threw their balls, you knew the best way at the end of their turns.

You even saw Jungkook gazing at you when you returned from your round- and it wasn't even an annoyed expression for a change- but of course he looked away immediately once you tried to make eye contact with him. 

The boys were now going for dinner and you were of course roped along, which was all fine and well...

...until you found yourself standing outside the car door with Jungkook sitting the nearest to the car door.

He looked out of the door and saw you and for a split second you thought he would baulk and demand for V to sit beside him, but then- to your surprise- he looked away without saying anything and V pushed you in without any warning.

That's how you found yourself being squished between Jungkook and V in the backseat, with Jimin on Jungkook's left. 

Jungkook inclined his body away from you as far as possible but V who had no sense of personal space, was practically draped over you on your side, shoving you nearer to Jungkook.

"Sorry," You muttered under your breath, mortified, knowing very well that the maknae wanted nothing to do with you. He ignored you, staring determinedly at his phone. Ever the ignorant one, V was rambling on about bowling and laughing in your ear. At one point in time, the car braked abruptly and V's elbow jabbed into you in accident and you got squished against Jungkook, squealing.

"Sorry!" You repeated again, moving nearer to V as much as you could, feeling absolutely embarrassed. V mistook this as you wanting to be closer to him- and moved even closer with a -eating grin on his face.

"It's okay," Jungkook muttered and you saw a dark flush creeping up his face. Did he say it was okay? You wondered to yourself incredulously.

The back row of J-Hope, Suga and Jimin was unexpectedly quiet as they had all knocked out in sleep and Rap Monster and Jungkook were using their phones. V was starting to doze off and his head eventually flopped on top of your shoulder, his hair feeling soft and fluffy and tickly against your skin.

Jin caught the sight of V lying on your shoulder in the rear view mirror and narrowed his eyes, jamming on the accelerator and speeding up- even though he was usually a cautious driver and in no time at all, the car had reached the restaurant.

"Wake up!" Jin got out of the front seat and immediately opened the back door with a clank, detaching V from your shoulder mercilessly. Grateful for the space, you eagerly jumped out of the car away from the awkward position and stretched.

Jungkook got out from the other side, heading for the restaurant right away without looking back. You noticed him throwing away the empty food container for the corn dog and you smiled to yourself.

"Ready for dinner?" Jimin had sidled up to you and was smiling at you. Taehyung was still blearily finding his footing and the other boys were grumbling about being starving.

"Quite," You admitted sheepishly. 

"This place has the best bibimbap," Jimin promised, "Yah! Kim Taehyung!" He yelled out as V linked his arm in yours and dragged you towards the entrance of the restaurant. The other boys laughed at Jimin and his helplessness and followed the pair in.

Somehow the universe seemed to be conspiring against you because the boys rushed in before you and V ended up pushing you towards sitting beside Jungkook... again.

Jimin fought for the seat opposite you and was clearly unable to hide his excitement, helping you to pour water and give you your set of cutlery. V had rested his head on your shoulder, mumbling incoherent nonsense from his dreams. Jungkook had tilted his body away and was using his phone.

When the food came, your eyes lit up and you were about to tuck in when you saw, across you, Jimin only having a bowl of chicken soup on his table. The rest had begun to devour their food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter