laughter is the best love potion

How We Fall In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"9...8...1...1...5...6...7.... Agh, what's the last number!"

Jin sat up on his bed with a start, ruffling his hair in frustration. Thankfully, Suga who was his roommate, was about as awake as a log so he wouldn't hear even if Jin threw bricks on the floor.

"Is it 7 again?" Jin grumbled, staring at his phone. "Ah.... This is driving me crazy...."

He was trying to recall your number from this afternoon but after buying Jungkook Macdonalds and then going for visual arts society activities, he had no inkling whatsoever. Truth was, he wanted to invite you along for bowling. But then a part of him knew he wasn't good at sports, so he was afraid he would make a awkward fool out of himself. As he always was, despite how much he tried. And this time, he wanted to make it right in your eyes.

"At least now she still thinks of me as a cool oppa," Jin murmured, shaking his head and decided against asking you along. I'll find an opportunity to get close to her again. He nodded determinedly, your pretty face and cheerful personality giving his strength and lulling him into sweet dreams.

You woke up to the shrilling sound of your ringtone in the morning and groggily answered it, thinking it was your parents. "Hello?" 

"Good morning, Ariri! Did you just wake up?" A familiar deep voice boomed and your eyes widened.

"Taehyung?"

"So are you free today? I can go with you to the bowling alley to meet them."

You glanced around your room, which was still crowded with heaps of unsealed boxes. "Oh no, I just woke up."

"Yeah, I'm walking over to the female dorm now. What's your room number?"

It was impossible for guys to get in, our dorm master ahjumma was super strict about the no-boys rule. "You can't enter even if I let you!"

"Aish, just tell me your room number."

"#03-05." You sighed. "I'll see you at 1pm downstairs if you can't make it in."

"I'll be coming up in ten minutes when I make it in. Annyeong!"

You shook your head as the call was ended, laughing to yourself at his silly persistence. This boy was never low on energy and playfulness. Yawning, you got up to wash your face.

While you were almost done with your skincare regime, there was a knock on your bathroom door.

Thinking it was your dorm neighbours who needed to borrow supplies, since all the girls on the floor went into each other's rooms as and when they pleased, you sauntered out of the bathroom in your nightwear- Doraemon pajamas- but stopped dead in your tracks. "Hey- TAEHYUNGIE!?"

You gasped, nearly slamming the bathroom door in his face but V stepped in between you and your door, grinning widely at you and your childish outfit. "Doraemon huh, Ariri?" He teased mercilessly, ruffling your already-messy bed hair. "Who knew you could be even cuter?"

You rolled your eyes, suddenly feeling self-conscious of yourself in your glasses and pajamas. "How on earth did you manage to get in?!"

He didn't seem to mind the mess one bit and sat on your bed nonchalantly, looking around. "You don't lock your door, Ariri. That's very unsafe."

"It's all supposed to be girls on this floor!" You huffed, hastily grabbing a change of clothes. "I meant, how did you get into the female dormitories in the first place?"

"The dormmaster is one sweet ahjumma." He grinned at me mischeviously. "Hey, you look cute in glasses too. You should wear them out."

"Ha, ha, very funny." You cracked a smile once you saw him start to laugh. "Not a chance." You quickly went back into the bathroom and changed into jeans and a top, and wore your contacts on.

"Ah, that looks more like the Ariri I know," V joked once you came out of the bathroom, to which you sighed at exasperatedly.

The two of you got down to unpacking your boxes and setting them aside and it was all nice and productive until he snickered once he unsealed a particular box.

"Ariri, maybe you should handle this box."

You glanced over and choked on your saliva when you saw the box of lingerie on his lap. You hastily snatched it from him, feeling yourself turn red. "I knew I shouldn't have let a boy help me unpack!" You groaned, mentally kicking yourself.

"Nah, it'll be weird if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter