I believe in You

My Darkest Angel

- How far will you walk? 
I heard the boy's voice behind who was following me in silence so far - oh and his name was Taekwoon. 
- Don't worry we're almost there. 
I told him and tightened my cardigan. I should brought my coat too, the nights are becoming colder day by day as we step into October. Perhaps it's past nine but the city was still b. Couples were walking everywhere and I shivered every time when I saw a kiss or heard a cheesy sentence. 
After a while we left the downtown and a extinct part of Seoul. I targeted that building I saw before from the bus or from the car. A to be demolished 10-storey monster. 
I looked back in fear see if Taekwoon still following me. I didn't tell him where are we going but I think he knows. When our glance met he inquiringly raised his eyebrows but I ignored him, turned back and continued my way. 
- You know if your mother find out you hang out she will kill you, right? 
His question made me to turn back to tell in his eyes my opinion of my mother but he wasn't behind me any longer. I looked around frightened where the heck he disappeared but I didn't see him anywhere. When I turned back to see if he's in front of me by some miracle, I bumped into a hard chest. I stepped back still in frighten but the owner of the hard chest grabbed my arm and retracted me. 
- Let me! 
I tried to escape from Taekwoon's squeeze when I realized he blocked my way. My tryout was unsuccesful he was way much stronger than me. 
- Listen, if we need to walk further you better call a taxi. You're already blush because of the walking. 
It's not because of the walking you lunatic. I wanted to howl this in his face which was just inches far from mine. 
- We're already here. 
I dislodged myself from his squeeze and walked off.  
- Really? - He walked after me. - But it's an abandoned building. 
- Exactly.
- Why are we here?
He asked as we stepped over the "Keep out" labeled tape and left the board with the same words on it. Nobody were in the vicinity expect us and no night watchman worked tonight. I walked up to the roof without answering him but on the top I had trouble with the door but Taekwoon opened it easily. 
- Don't you think you're a little weak? 
He asked as he closed the heavy metal door. 
- I'm gonna do some workout for your sake. 
I mumbled while stepped to the railing. With a loose motion I went under it and already stood in the edge of the building. I looked down in the depth nervously, I didn't see anything over there, it's the rear part of the building, there's no lightning. I gripped the railing strongly, gulped and turned back. 
- I hope you're not gonna do what I'm thinking...
He sighed as he relied on the railing. He stared me inquiringly, the evening breeze messed his hair but he didn't fixed his unruly curls, instead stared into my eyes unbroken. I have to say he has prettier face than I remembered. So pretty but not for an angel. Rather a dark creature. 
- Prove it that you're really my guardian angel!
I stared his unblinking face for some reaction but I only got a sarcatic smile. 
- I really knew you were planning something like this. - He pushed himself away from the railing. - Tell me how you imagined all of this?! Jumping down from the top of the building and waiting for me to save you? Brilliant idea I have to say...
- It's the best way to make sure you told me the truth. 
- Then what are you waiting for? Jump down leisurely. 
He shrugged carelessly. 
- I will, don't worry. 
At then as if I saw a slight fear crossing through his face but I didn't decide what I saw was right because of the darkness. 
- Perhaps if you're not an angel as you said and can't save me, please tell my mom though she wasn't a good parent sometimes I liked her. 
- Definitely. 
He said and crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked me expectantly. He doesn't believe that I dare to do it. Well... I'm not really dare. But somehow I believe him. I believe that he is an angel. My angel. 
Taekwoon still looked me expectantly when I decided to do it. 
I'll jump.
I climbed under the railing to the very side of the building.
- Goodbye, Taekwoon. 
I let go the railing and leaned back to the depth.
Everything was like a slow motion. I held my right arm toward Taekwoon when I saw his frightened glance but he didn't move. A bitter smile crept on my face and then I closed my eyes. 
He's not an angel. 
He won't save me.
This was my little miserable life but at least there's a good side of my death. I can finally meet my dad, grandma and can meet my grandpa, too. My mom also will have one less problem. 
And then suddenly Hakyeon came in my mind. 
Will he miss me? Since we didn't spent too much time together. But at least we were friends even for a short time. But at least I had a friend. I'm so thankful for him for take care of him those two long days at school. I'll be forever grateful for my only friend. 

After that I was waiting for the impact which eventually didn't happen. Two strong arm wrapped around my falling body and clamped tightly to himself. I slipped into the arms frightened yet grateful, I drove my head to his neck. Though he held me strongly and I felt safe I didn't dare to open my eyes. It was like a nightmare with a happy ending. I heard wings rustling. 
- Tell me Lana... what would you do if I didn't catch you?
He's tender voice filled me with warmth, it felt like... I'm important to him. 
- I would accept the death's arm which it offered to me. - I whispered. 
- You're a problematic girl, have you heared it before?
I smiled. 
- Now do you believe in what I just told you? Do you believe in me?
- Yes. 
- Then tell me in the eye.
I didn't want to look at him. I didn't dare. I was afraid of if I open my eyes he will disappear. 
If I open my eyes I will wake up and found out everything was just a dream. Nothing happened from this. 
Taekwoon doesn't exist. 
- Lana. 
His voice was imploring. 
- Nothing is wrong. You can open your eyes. 
But he does exist. Taekwoon's real. He is my guardian angel. 
I did what he asked. I turned my head so the first thing I saw was the building and after the window which had that cross shaped broke on it. I remembered that window. It was about on the fifth floor which could only mean one thing: we were hovering. I drove my glance to Taekwoon's face. He looked at me emotionlessly. My look suddenly went away from his face because I glimpsed the cause of the hovering. 
Taekwoon has wings. Not just any. Beautiful, huge angel wings. But those wings were... midnight black. I stared his face frightened. 
- Now, do you believe in me? 
He asked again.
- I believe in you. 
I said while looked deep in his eyes. I just couldn't break away from them. They are really... beautiful and it's like he can look deep in my soul. Incredible.
- Great. Then it's time to bring you home.