The New Classmate

My Darkest Angel

- Good morning Lana.
Hakyeon greeted me with a huge smile on his face when I entered the classroom. He was the only one who noticed me but I didn't mind that the others didn't deal with me. 
- How are you? You look a little flayed today. 
He said while sat on my table and attentively followed my every little movement. I picked out all the stuff I needed on my first class and looked up him while sighed.
- I slept awfully. 
I confessed honestly then bowed my head on the table and tried to get the stranger boy out of my mind. My thoughts revolved around him all night long and I was absolutely sure about that he was in my room and saved me from the wolves. However, I woke up in the morning like everything was just a dream. 
- Poor my baby. 
He caressed along my back when I realized we're still in the class and there were about 20 more people besides us in there. I knew that Hakyeon was just worried but anyone could misunderstood his movement. 
- Tell me, Hakyeon...
I straightened up and he smiled at me curiously. 
- Mmm? 
- Do wolves live in the forest near Seoul? 
As soon as the question left my lips Hakyeon's facial expression changed. He frowned and looked away from me. He acted really oddly and I didn't know where to place his changes. I was about to open my mouth to aks why he didn't answer when the teacher entered the class and Hakyeon went to report him. 
When the teacher wrote down the two absent student he asked Hakyeon to show the school to the new boy who must be here just in minutes. He bowed and left the classroom without a glance on me. I'll catch him, I won't allow my question to be unanswered. 
We were on the half of the second class when Hakyeon and the new guy entered the room so they got everyone's attention. Most of the girls were in ecstasy when they glimpsed the new boy. 
- Look how cute he is!
- God he's so sweet!
- Are you sure he's in the same age with us? He looks younger. 
Things like those were heard from all the sides. The boy obviously heard them, he was embarassed so he just smiled and tried to avoid the girls' gaze. 
- Introduce yourself, please! - Asked the teacher. 
- Ah, right. Hello everyone! My name is Han Sanghyuk and I just moved here with my parents from Daejeon. By the way you can call me Hyuk.
- Awwwh he's from Daejeon! I used to lived there, too. 
A girl screamed from somewhere at the back and Hyuk smiled shyly.
- Hakyeon please show him his seat. 
The teacher asked, Hakyeon nodded and pointed towards me with a smile. 
- Look, Hyuk. Your seat is next to Lana's. She's a new student, too. 
Hyuk followed Hakyeon's gaze and when our stare met his smile went away. What the hell is goin' on with everyone today? First Hakyeon looked me oddly because of an innocent question and just then I messed up our new classmate's spirit without a word. He gulped barely visibly and looked desperately at Hakyeon but he just smiled at him encouragingly and started to push him to move finally. 

Hyuk was strikingly avoid my gaze so I couldn't stop but burning a hole on his face during the remaining class. I don't know what's his problem with me but after this class I'm gonna ask him in any case. 
As soon as the bell rang I turned towards him but he immediately popped up from his seat, run to Hakyeon and tugged him out of the class. Some people oddly looked at them and just shrugged but I run after them. I saw that they run into a room in the end of the corridor so I run toward it, stopped and started to eavesdrop. I know it wasn't nice from me but I had the feeling that the conversation inside will be about me. 
- It's her, Hakyeon! The girl from yesterday! 
I heard Hyuk's desperate voice. 
- What?! Lana? No way...
- No, I'm serious! She is surely. I was still in my sense while the others no longer so I was able to memorize her face. I was looking them behind the trees, waiting what will happen while I was waiting for the metamorphosis. Wonshik almost killed her! 
- Oh God...
Hakyeon's desperate voice scared me moreover I didn't understand nothing from this conversation. By the way, are they know each other? They're speaking like old friends. I pushed my ear closer to the door (not that I heard it better) and waited for the sequel. 
- But what the hell was she doing in the forest? And are you sure she didn't see you? She eyed you on the whole class...
- It's impossible, she didn't see me. She couldn't take her eyes off of Wonshik. 
- And how she rescued? You forgot to talk about that on our last conversation...
- I have no idea... in one moment she was standing still there and in the other moment I only saw Wonshik, he was looking for the girl nervously. As if the earth had swallowed her. From then I don't remember because I also metamorphosed. 
- Damn it... so that's why she asked if wolves living in the forest...
- What do we do, Hakyeon? You think she found out? 
- I don't think so... but in the future we have to be cautious or you guys have to be. And you'd be better not to avoid her that much because she will suspect you. 
- I'll try. 
Hyuk said and after that I only heard moving and footsteps so I run away. 

- No-no Hakyeon! Until you don't answer my morning question I won't let you leave. 
- Look Lana, I really have to hurry. Maybe... another time. 
He tried to go past me but I made him stopped by grabbing his hand. 
- Why is it so hard to say a yes or no?!
Hakyeon closed his eyes, sighed, then turned around.
- Wolves don't live in that forest. About 50 years ago the authorities decided to relocate them to another forest for the safety of the animals. Too much wolf destroyed because of the human's flaw so they're found it better to move them somewhere else. 
He turned back. 
- So none of them living here now. 
Impossible. I saw what I saw. No way I dreamt the whole thing. 
I nodded then turned around, went back to the classroom for my backpack and went to the bus stop. The woman went to a job interview and she said she'll be late at home so I have to make my own food. 
While I was waiting for the bus I was analyzing Hakyeon's words. Almost certain that he was lying to me. I almost heard everything he told to Hyuk. I wish I could interpreted what they said.

At home I went to the fridge immediately to eat up the almost nothing I found. However, I thought it'd be worse, the selection wasn't so bright so I decided to make a little omelette. My grandma taught me how to make it so I don't have starve to death. 
- I see you still can't make anything but a small omelette. 
To say that I got a heart attack not right but otherwise I can't describe how I felt when I heard that voice again right next to me. All the eggs I wanted to eat were on the floor and I was looking into the stranger boy's eyes in disbelief. 
- What the hell do you think of yourself to just come here and scare me to death?! You want me to die? 
I tried to methodize my breathing and violently thumplig heart while the boy cleaned up the eggs from the floor. 
- You don't need to be scared that much. And you should be more skillful. 
He thrown out the unappropriated leftovers. 
- Speaking about the death... I'm not that one who means the end of life. 
He said and started to discover the kitchen. 
- W-What are you doing?
- Making you dinner. 
My jaw dropped, I didn't understand anything, didn't know who was that boy and what he wanted from me. 
All I wanted was answers. Without waiting. 
I grabbed him with that interrupted him making dinner, he looked me curiously. 
- Tell me, do you enjoy to break into someone else's house and do things you want? Who are you at all? What's your goal with all of this? 
And then the yesterday night just came in my mind. 
- Why did you save me from the wolves?
I didn't dare my last question say firmly in his eyes, the tightness on his arms was getting weaker. 
The boy gently peeled my hand out of his then led me to the table, pull out a chair, pressed me down and turned his back to me. 
- Get one thing straight. I'm not break into the house, I have free access...
- Free access? Would you elaborate it more? 
- I'm trying but you interrupt me... aish I don't know how to say that you understand. I have to tell a lot to you...
- My uptake isn't hard...
- Oh, really? 
He turned my way with a sarcastic smile on his face. 
- You think that I don't know you well? 
I shivered when he said that and a small fear-wave run through my body. He stepped towards me and I instinctively tried to slide back but the chair's backrest prevented it. 
- Have you ever felt that someone's watching you, taking care of you? Don't you ever think why didn't you had an accident yet? Don't you ever wonder you're not alone? 
Everything he said was scary. Each of his uttered word echoed in my head as he came closer to me. As I was thinking about the words I heard I remembered so much memory when I knew that someone took care of me. 

When I was a child I fell down from a tree but before the painful slamming on the ground I felt that someone caught me while I was waiting for the hard meeting with the frozen ground. When I opened my eyes I was sitting on the ground unhurt but nobody was around me who had been drawn to saved me. 

He was it.

In the 3rd class of primary school happened that I was walking to home but I got lost. I got into a bad area which wasn't famous of nice people. 
There were two of them. 
I was scared, wanted to escape but I run into a dead end. There were no escape. I was wainting what they would do with me with gritted, teary eyes. 
I heard screaming and thump. 
When I opened my eyes the two men were laying on the ground unconsciously. 
I run to home. 

He was it. 

- You were... 
I whispered to myself. When more and more memory came in my mind where by some miracle nothing happened to me despite I got into quite rough times I started to understand his words. 
"Have you ever felt that someone's watching you, taking care of you?"
I stared the nothing in front of me in frighten. He stood in front of me, crouched down so our face was in the same line. 
- Tell me, Lana...  - he smoothed his soft palm on my hand - ... do you believe in angels? 

 

PLEASE READ!

Hello everyone~ At first I want to say thank you for all the subscriebers, the comments and all the views. I'm very grateful and happy that you guys are reading my story~ 
It's a announcement that I'll be away from the 18th March to the 26th March because I'll be an exchange student in Reunion Island. I won't update my story at that period but after that you'll get new chapters~ Hope you guys understand it. 
Have a nice day and keep reading my story ^^ 

I'm sure if Taekwoon knew this story exist he would love it to lol xD