giving in

close to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“What’s the photoshoot for?”

“Magazine interview.”

“Do I have anything else after this?”

“The actual interview.”

“Right.” he pauses and stares at his manager. “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Like what?”

“Like that. You know I don’t do puppy eyes.”

“I wasn’t giving you puppy eyes or any kind of eyes. I was only staring.”

Changmin scoffs. “Then you admit staring at me.”

“I never denied anything.”

The rockstar waves a hand, silently telling his hairstylist to leave him and his manager for a while. The hairstylist gets the message, bows and leaves the room. “Okay…what’s this all about?”

Yunho shrugs. “Dunno what you’re talking about.” When Changmin gives him a look which says I don’t believe you, he sighs. “There’s really nothing to tell, man. I’ll go call the stylist.” he gives him a pat on the back and walks off, pointedly ignoring the other man’s calls of I still don’t believe you, you liar!

Yunho might not admit it but Changmin knows he is hiding something from him. Yes, he’s definitely curious but there must be a reason as to why the man is keeping mum about it so decides not to bring it up again. If Yunho tells him, then well and good. But if he doesn’t, maybe it’s not something he has to know.

Much to his relief, the fanboy is nowhere to be found as soon as he gets home. Good for him, he thinks, because honestly, he’s only wasting time and energy waiting for him like a fool when he’s only going to get ignored. Changmin has made his intention of not entertaining any other request than an autograph clear from the start. 

“He better not come back again.”

And come back the boy does.

The infuriated star finds himself waking up a little past six in the morning when his doorbell starts to ring continuously. “Déjà vu,” he mutters bitterly but doesn’t make a move to get up. Is that kid insane? He’s a fan, he says, but he doesn’t really seem like it. He doesn’t seem concerned about him at all. If he actually is, he wouldn’t bother him in his sleep knowing that he doesn’t have all the time in the world to get some rest like any normal person who isn’t as busy as he is. “Oh, well ,”

Right.

The kid is a stalker fan. Stalker fans are heartless. They don’t care about anything at all. If hurting him would be the only way to get a rare photo of him, they’d do it with no hesitation.

Well, at least the kid hasn’t sneaked in his house yet.

On the third day, when he spots the same grinning kid camping outside his house, he makes a beeline for the front door, ignoring the other calling out for him as he gets in his car and drives off to Yunho’s house. “Yunho, you’re my manager, do something about that stupid kid!” he demands, slamming his can of beer on the table. “He’s driving me nuts!”

Yunho looks at him and shakes his head. “You really shouldn’t have ignored him.”

“You know something.” Changmin shoots him a glare. “I knew it. You know something but you’re not telling me. What is it? What did that goddamn sasaeng tell you?”

“Sasaeng? Changmin, he’s not a sasaeng.”

He snorts. “His actions and words tell me otherwise.”

“I’m serious. If only you took some time to get to know him.”

“I’m not you. I’m not a saint. And I certainly don’t talk to people who piss me off.”

“You talk to me.” He flips him off. Yunho sighs. “Alright. The point is, Junsu is a fan. A real one. He just…he just wants to spend a few days with you.”

“Does he think he’s special? No ing way. He might have planned on killing me, chopping my body parts off and then sell it to his fellow sasaengs. He’d be goddamn rich if that happens.”

Yunho reaches out to pat him on the head. “You have a very wild imagination. But no, he’s very persistent because he’s running out of time.”

A chuckle. “What, is he dying?”

“Yes.”

He blinks, and blinks some more, unable to respond. It isn’t the answer he expected. He masks his surprise with a clear of the throat. “What makes you think I’d believe that?”

“He actually showed me some documents, health records and all because he knew you wouldn’t believe him. He brought it just in case.”

“Fake documents, Yunho.”

“Does it really matter?” Yunho replies with a frown, annoyance obvious in his tone. “Would it hurt to believe him? Okay so what if the kid is lying? Then let his conscience eat him up alive. As long as you made someone happy, that’s what should matter. And besides, I doubt he’s faking it. He knows you’ll see through his lie.”

Changmin lets Yunho’s words sink in. The man has a point but he’s only being careful. He’s suffered from fans like him before, he doesn’t want to go through all that again. He sighs. Whatever he says would be useless because no matter how he looks at it, Yunho is right. Come to think of it, the kid is pretty harmless; all he did was annoy him with his doorbell ringing but other than that, he did nothing that would put him in danger.

“You’re too nice and I don’t want it rubbing off me. Just this once, Yunho. Just this once. Three days with the kid and that’s it.”

“The kid has a name.”

“Do I look like I care?”

Yunho stretches his arms, yawning. “Nope. But you should start caring.”





Should he or should he not grant Junsu's wishes? Sure, he said he’d spend three days with him but it’s not like he promised, right? He never really promised Yunho anything, and Yunho would understand why he didn’t stick to his words.

Okay, so maybe Yunho wouldn’t understand and give him a beating, and even if he didn’t make a promise, the fact that he said something about it means a lot. He’s Changmin, and Shim Changmin is a man of his words. It’s his and one else’s fault that he let Yunho’s words get to him. He could only sigh as he parks his car, immediately spotting Junsu — he really has to get used to calling the kid by his name — sitting like a fool on his porch.

“Smiley,” he says, slamming his car door shut. The boy’s head snaps up, his lips automatically forming into a grin. Changmin finally talked to him. “Come on, get up.” In an instant, Junsu’s already standing behind him. He invites him in his house and tells him – with much difficulty – to make himself feel at home.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter