006

Babysitting EXO's Kai son
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

006

Babysit

 

 

She can't possibly contact his brother. She knows how important Taeoh was to the group and they will rush down immediately to check on him. She can't risk to call up the whole EXO and let the world know about Taeoh.

 

During the car short car trip, she asked Kai for a brief description of the symptoms about Taeoh that she felt that it will definitely comes in handy. Seeing Taeoh changing his position, to find a comfortable position due to his rash made her feel unease too, worried about what will really happens to the kid.

 

Maybe is the almost every minute reassure words to Kai, they reach the nearest hospital in no time. But just when Kai wanted to alight from his car after parking, she stopped him.

 

“I will take it from here Kai-ssi.” Just before he was able to rebut, she continued. “Remember you are Kai, we can't risk. Don't worry.” She can hear him mumbled a curse before slammed his hand on the steering wheel, showing his frustration. She grabbed his hand, calming him down before leaving the car with Taeoh in her arms. She didn't know but Kai was really calmed down with her hold for a moment before she left.

 

 

“Madam, I need your details. We don't have any details related to you.” The nurse get her a form to fill up. She gave the nurse a puzzled look.

 

“The hospital database only have his grandparents details but none of his parents, I assume that you are his mother so would you mind to fill this form for us?” The nurse kindly requested. Hesitating she filled up the form as Taeoh mother as she won't know what to be as if she was not his mother. But she was more worried about they would reject admitting Taeoh if she reject filling up the form. To be honest she was worrying sick about Taeoh but she need to be the one acting strong so that Kai will be okay. She is pacing up and down the hall, waiting for the doctor to come out.

 

She also can't help but feel worried about Kai who is still at the basement carpark waiting. There's a lot of what ifs in her head. What if he can't wait and come up? What if he got panic attack in the car? Or worse. What if he called everyone in EXO and they got in panic and all come instead? But she also felt worried about how is Kai feeling, he was looking calm before she left the car and she shouldn't have just left like that. Kai could have did anything within this short period of time. Is he feeling okay? That was the most asked question to herself. She was feeling weird. She have never being so concerned about someone she was not close with. Did coming back to Seoul and meeting her brother’s friends changed her? She don't know whether it's good or not to go back how she used to be. She is still not ready, not yet.

 

 

After half an hour that felt like hours, the doctor came out. “Kim Taeoh’s guardian?”

 

She immediately run towards the doctor in charge. “Good afternoon Mrs Kim, I'm the doctor in charge of Taeoh. You looked younger than I expected.”

 

She frowned and answered impatiently. “Yes, I get that often. Can you tell me how's Taeoh?” And not rubbish. She was so worried about the kid and the doctor just look so relax. He doesn't look so old and she was sure he have his own children. Don't he knows how annoying when the doctor don't tell her about her child well being? Not that Taeoh was really her child but still.

 

“Oh, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.” He glanced down to the chart in his hand and continued. “Taeoh is diagnosed with Kawasaki disease. It's a very common illness. Luckily you send him to the hospital during the early stages. He will be fully recovered within a few days so don't you worry.”

 

“Can you tell me how long the fever was? And do he have other symptoms? For example like severe redness in the eyes, a rash on the stomach, chest, and s, red, dry, cracked lips, swollen tongue with a white coating and big red bumps (called "strawberry tongue"), sore, irritated throat, swollen palms of the hands and soles of the feet with a purple-red color, swollen lymph nodes? It will help me to give him a more suitable medication and treatment.”

 

“He was not showing any sympto- Wait two days ago, he have severe redness in his eyes.” She just recalled. She should have knew something was no right for a young kid to have red eyes. If only she have brought Taeoh to the hospital earlier. She feel so bad right now. “Yesterday morning he already started to have some coughing fits and complained that his throat was hurting. We thought that he wasn't drinking enough water so we thought it was nothing and asked him to drink up. Then last night he started to have fever and his father give him some old medication and he went to bed. This morning he did not wake up even it was after 11am and that's usual for him. Then we realized that he have rashed that was not there the night before so I brought him in.” She repeated exactly what Kai told her to the docto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter