The Carousel Ride (Finale)

Carousel Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: After a long while, I'm done with my finals! And Finally get the time to work with the last chapter! Here you go~ I don't even know. I love you all, this is long AF, I am warning you, yes you,   , This chapter is full of  words........I guess.. )

 

Sehun immediately ushered his cousin and his nephew back to the living room.

 

“MAMA!! WHO IS THAT?!! WHY DID HE LOOK SCARY?!!!” Hyun cried in Sehun’s arms.

 

“Baby.. it’s okay..shhh.” Sehun cradle the boy.  As Baekhyun is still taken a back.

 

“Hun….He’s back…..HE’S BACK!!!” Baekhyun said as stared blankly on the coffee table in front of him.

 

Sehun manages to sit beside Baekhyun, Hyun still silently crying in his arms, “Hyung...It’s okay. He will never come any closer to you nor Hyunie...I promise.”



 

Chanyeol and Luhan bickered back and forth on the way to the Byun’s residence.

 

“Can you just shut up?” Luhan said as he get off the car.

 

“Can you just admit that you love Sehun?” Chanyeol retorted back as he locked his car.

 

“Can you just die?” Luhan exclaimed.

 

“Can you j--OH! Isn’t that Suho?” Chanyeol said as he made his way towards the car parked on the other side, where Suho is currently leaning.

 

“Suho who? Yah! Park Chanyeol are you cheating Baekhyun?” Luhan screamed as he watch Chanyeol run towards a man, completely ignoring him. The older of the two decided to wait for his brother on the building’s lounge.

 

“Hey!!” Chanyeol greeted Suho, who jumped in surprise.

 

“Oh! Mr. Park!” The boy bowed as soon as he realize who it was.

 

“Why are you here? Do you live here?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Oh..Uh no..Actually Mr. Wu is visiting an old friend here..” Suho said.

 

Chanyeol grinned, “That’s cool!!”

 

“Uh..how about you Mr. Park? I m-mean..no offence but you owned a big company..and judging from this bu--”

 

“Oh!! Yeah my partner lives here!” The CEO informed.

 

“Oh that’s so cool!!” Suho said in awe.

 

“Yeah actually we are on o--”

 

“Park?” Kris asked from behind him.

 

Suho immediately straightened upon the arrival of Kris.

 

“Hey! What are you doing here?” The blonde asked.

 

“Oh!! My partne---ACTUALLY!!! Why don’t I introduce you to my partner now?” Chanyeol asked, smiling. It’s a great timing. Baekhyun won’t mind right?

 

Kris not in the mood to greet people, due to the events that just happened looked at Chanyeol with downcasted smile, “Uh--Actua--”

 

“Uh-oh!! Lemme just call my partner, And Suho you will also come, you know he always cooked way too much for just us, so it’s all good! NOW LET’S goo!” Chanyeol grabbed, both Suho and Kris’ arms pulling the two towards the building.

 

Suho giving Kris a worried look. He can see how his boss’s eyes faltered. And he knew. The reunion was not good. Byun Baekhyun, you are stupid.


 



 

“YAH WHY DID YOU--OH! Mr. Wu!” Luhan smile brightly upon seeing who is with him.

 

“I already informed them that Kris and Suho will join us for dinner.” Chanyeol said before his brother could even ask.

 

“Okay...whatever you say brother. Let’s go quickly I’m starving” Luhan said as he lead the way.

 

6th floor.  It was like deja vu as Kris exits the lift. So Chanyeol’s partner and Baekhyun lives on the same building, and even more in the same floor.

 

Interesting.

 

Kris then felt all his air in his system being out as he watched Chanyeol and Luhan stops on that familiar door. 12E.

 

“UH..Park….A-are you sure..tha--”

 

But before Kris could finish his question, Luhan had already opened the door, not even by knocking but by punching in the code.

 

And Kris swears his heart dropped as soon as Chanyeol pulls him in the house he was just in, “BAEK!! I’m here!!”






 



 

Sehun and Baekhyun tried their best to save the soup, both have agreed to forget the previous incident for the sake of having a peaceful dinner with the Park, Hyun though is still a bit upset about the intruder, and won’t stop pouting.

 

But luckily, well not really since Chanyeol just last minute informed him that his business partner will be joining them, Baekhyun and Sehun have successfully prepared the table, right after Luhan barged in the apartment calling for his nephew, in which Hyun finally smile as he jumps on his auntie’s arms.

 

“BAEK!!!! I’m here!!” Both Baekhyun and Sehun wipes their hands on the table cloth before rushing to the living room to greet their visitors.

 

But that’s when Baekhyun regret everything.

 

Sehun immediately hold onto his cousin’s arm.

 

While Chanyeol greets his son, “Hey baby, can appa get a hug?” The taller asked opening his arms for the boy.

 

But Hyunie refused, shaking his head, the boy pointed an accusing hand on the blonde man beside Chanyeol, “APPA!!! WHY ARE YOU WITH THE MEAN GUY?!!!”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen as he look where Hyun is pointing at.

 

While Luhan watches as both Baekhyun and Sehun loudly gasped.

 

Kris stood frozen in his spot, while Suho watch from behind, and the assistant knew, right then, Byun Baekhyun is Park Chanyeol’s fiance.






 

 

 

“NO!! NO!! NO!!!!” Hyun’s eyes are swollen from all the crying, his voice strained, as he tightened his old on Chanyeol’s neck.

 

“Hyunie...Please lis--” Baekhyun’s hand was harshly swatted by the boy, as he burried his face deeper on his Appa’s neck.

 

“NO!! I HATE MAMA!! I HATE THE MEAN GUY!!!! I HATE ALL OF YOU!!!!” The boy cried.

 

Baekhyun tried his best not to break down, it hurts him to see his son like this, moreover, it pained him to know that Chanyeol may also be hurting in the situation, but the taller decided to stay.

 

The shorter lowered his head, as he hold onto Chanyeol’s hand who is sitting on Hyun’s bed, the boy on his lap, while Baekhyun is situated in front of them, on the floor.

 

“Hey….” Luhan interrupted. The older man could hear his nephew crying even from the outside, that he decided to finally jumped in, Baekhyun immediately stood up, letting Luhan know he is welcome to come in.

 

The older went straight to his nephew, lifting the boy in his arms, who automatically hugged his auntie.

 

“Sehun and I will bring Hyunie out for a bit. I told Kris and Suho to stay.” Luhan rubs the back of Hyun’s back as the boy hiccuped. He then give Baekhyun a soft smile.

 

“Baek, I know it’s hard for you...But, it’s better to fix it now,” He then turned to his brother, “Yeol, promise me that you’ll be with Baekhyun in this.”

 

The couple watch as Luhan left the room, Hyun in his arms.

 

It was quiet for a bit, Baekhyun heard shuffling from his side. And after a few seconds, he felt that warmth he had grown to love. That feeling of safety.

 

Chanyeol rested his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder, his arms wrapped tightly around the shorter’s waist, “When Kris told me he is here to win someone’s back, I truly hope that he succeeded….” Chanyeol then turned Baekhyun around, the shorter now facing him.

 

The CEO connected their forehead, as he watch Baekhyun’s eyes flickered, tears now gathered on the sides of his eyes, “But now that I know it was you, Call me selfish, but I wish that he failed.”

 

Baekhyun slowly lifted his fist, softly punching Chanyeol on his chest, “Stupid…. You know I love you..”

 

Chanyeol holds onto Baekhyun’s wrist, with his free hand, he lifted the shorter’s jaw, “But...he’s Hyun’s fa--”

 

“I thought you said Hyunie is yours..” Baekhyun pouted.

 

Chanyeol chuckled, Flickering Baekhyun’s head lightly, he brings Baekhyun closer, his lips barely touching Baekhyun’s, “Of course he is, but,” and with a soft touch of their lips Baekhyun knew he loves this guy way too much, “Kris is a great guy… and he is way be--.”

 

Pushing Chanyeol away, Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest, “Don’t you dare finished that sentence, Park Chanyeol, You,” The shorter trusted his index finger on Chanyeol’s chest, “Are the one I love now… And there’s no one better than you, because.” Baekhyun paused, as he grabbed Chanyeol’s neck, pulling the boy down, “I love you.” The shorter whispered before kissing Chanyeol softly.







 

 

“I have a child…...And I still choose to leave them behind!” Kris cried, hands pulling on his blonde locks.

 

Suho scooted closer towards Kris’, the two now alone on Baekhyun’s living room.

 

The assistant, hold onto Kris’ hand to stop the male from hurting himself, “It’s never your fault Kris. Don’t beat yourself..please.” Suho said.

 

Kris turned towards the smaller eyes dark from the frustration he is feeling, “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND!!! No one will ever!!!! I loved him!!!! But I still decided to leave!!!!”

 

Suho jumped from the sudden outburst, letting go of Kris’ hand, the assistant was quick to move away from the taller.

 

“I-I’m….Uh...I you’re right...I--I” Suho quickly looked away to hide the tears who had betrayed him, “I’ll ju-just wait in the car…” Suho quickly get up from his seat.

 

But before he could walk further, He felt his body being turned, and the next thing he knew, his face is buried on a sturdy chest, “Stay.. Please… I need you here.”

 

And Suho knew. He is up for another heartbreak, “I won’t go anywhere.”




 

 

“Aunie…..I hate Mama…” Hyun said, his eyes still swollen from all the crying but.

 

Luhan brushed Hyun’s fridge, “Baby...You’re mama just wants you to be happy..”

 

Hyunie pouted as he continue eating the ice cream his Sehun hyung is feeding him.

 

“But!!! He said Appa is not Appa..But the mean guy!!!!” Hyun cried again.

 

And Luhan have to stop Sehun when the guy was about to carry the boy, “Hyunie, baby look, Don’t you think it’s gonna be happy if you have two Appa?”

 

“BUT!!!! I ONLY WANT APPA!!!” The boy cried louder.

 

Luhan hold onto the boy’s hand, “Hyunie, you have Appa, A Mama, Sehun Hyung, Auntie Lu..and then now you have a Papa...Don’t you like that?”

 

The boy wipes his hand using his free hand, as he look at his auntie, “Oh….But Appa is not leaving, right?”

 

Luhan smile softly, “Silly,” he poked the red button nose of the boy, “Of course not, We love you sooo much!! The only thing is, you will have another Papa who will love you as well!” Luhan said.

 

The boy slowly nods his head.

 

Sehun looks towards Luhan, he watches as the older tend to his nephew, and there it is again, his stupid heart.


 



 

“I’m really sorry.” Kris said, his head hung low, his right hand holding onto Suho’s for dear life.

 

Baekhyun watched as Kris takes that time to show his vulnerable side. There he is, the man who he fell in love with for the first time, the one who gave him the sense of protection, the one who made him feel loved in so many ways, the one who hold him on times when he is sad, the one whom he shared his happiness with, the one who used to be by his side when he sleeps, and the first one who greets him in the morning……..Kris was Baekhyun’s past.

 

“Kris...I-..” Baekhyun paused, he couldn’t, and he doesn’t know how.

 

But the feeling of Chanyeol’s arm, securely wrapped around him, reassuring him that it’s all in the past. That Kris is no longer the one who holds him at night, the one who made him secure, the one who makes him feel all sort of happiness, the one who gives him the feeling of being loved...It’s not Kris anymore. It’s the man sitting beside him. Chanyeol is...and will be that person he will pour his love.

 

“I found him Kris. I found that person who will give me the happiness and the love that I thought would never come, I was broken when you left me, and I will be lying if I said that I never hated you. But...Just like what I said, Chanyeol came into my life. And everything I’ve been through are all forgotten the moment he accepted me and Hyun in his life.”

 

Kris looked towards Baekhyun, and his heart clenched as he watched the way Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at one another. There it was. The look he used to share with Baekhyun.

 

Suho slowly remove his hand on Kris’, he shouldn’t be here. It’s afterall, between Baekhyun and Kris.

 

But the way Kris hold onto him felt so right. As if he’s the only one keeping Kris on functioning at this moment. I need you.

 

Kris holds onto Suho’s hand tighter, Stay with me Suho, please. “Ba-baek...I, Hyunie..Can I..at least be his father. Even for just...a day?”

 

And Baekhyun didn’t missed that change on Kris’ eyes. And for a second, his heart swell. It was the same look he has, when the taller left.

 

“Of course….He---he’s your son.” Baekhyun said, feeling Chanyeol’s arm tightening around him.








 

“I’m proud of you.” Chanyeol whispered as he gathered Baekhyun in his arms.

 

Baekhyun softly hum in response, pulling chanyeol closer to him, he needed him close, to assure him that unlike Kris, Chanyeol will stay.

 

And as if hearing Baekhyun’s thought, Chanyeol placed a chaste kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead before squeezing the boy, “I won’t go anywhere…..I promise.”


 



 

“K-kris...That’s enough..” Suho said as he grabbed the glass out of Kris’ hand.

 

Waving the bartender as he said that his boss had enough.

 

Kris only push Suho’s arm, “Leave me be Suho.. Just leave.”

 

Suho frowned, “Kris!! You have to accept it! Baekhyun doesn’t love you anymore!!! And if you really care for him, you will let him go!!!”

 

Kris looked at him in gritted teeth, “THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I’M DOING!!!”

 

Suho harshly grab the glass off Kris once again, “NO! What you’re doing is drowning yourself until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter