Helping Hand

Stolen Moments

The two stood for a minute in front of the ticket machine, trying to choose.

“That looks funny, but it doesn’t start for twenty minutes,” Bobby noted.

“It’s not like we’re in a rush,” Jinhwan commented, looking up at him.

“Keep your head down, Jinanie.” He rested his hand on the back of the smaller man’s neck.

Jinhwan immediately dropped his head. “Why?”

“Girls are staring at us.”

“Let’s hurry and go in,” Jinhwan said, putting his card in the machine. Retrieving the tickets, he let the taller guy guide him.

Bobby walked close to him, one hand still on his neck, the other gripping his bicep loosely. Jinhwan’s shoulder bumped the middle of his chest with every step. It was comforting to have Bobby hovering so close to him. He was so focused on his friend hunching over him that he hadn’t been listening to what he was saying.

“They’re still following us,” he whispered beside Jinhwan’s ear. “Do they recognize us or not? Ugh! So frustrating.”

“Probably not. They just think we’re hot,” Jinhwan said in as serious a voice as he could manage.

Bobby snorted. “Yeah, that must be it.”

Jinhwan looked up, meeting his eyes, which were much closer than he had realized.

“Turn your face down, fool, they’ll recognize your eyes,” Bobby said softly, brushing his thumb across Jinhwan’s jaw.

Jinhwan obeyed, but shuffled even closer as they approached the theater door. He looked up again, he couldn’t seem to stop himself. “I missed this.” He sighed. “I missed my giant, lurking shadow,” he teased.

“Me too,” Bobby whispered, hand cupping the side of his neck. “I shouldn’t have-“

“Don’t,” Jinhwan cut him off. “Don’t lay blame. Let’s just be close again. The other stuff…it’ll work itself out. Let’s just be us and touch however we want. Who needs labels anyhow?”

Bobby leaned in a bit more to bump his forehead to Jinhwan’s head. He only indulged for a moment, before steering his friend to their seats. He reluctantly released his hold as they sat, both leaning automatically towards the other.

“We didn’t get drinks,” Jinhwan complained suddenly a few minutes later.

“Ah, crap. Those girls distracted me,” Bobby whined. “I’ll go get it.”

Jinhwan felt vulnerable left on his own in the large semi-dark theater. There were only a few other guests and in his paranoia, it felt as if they kept looking at him.

He let out a relieved breath several minutes later, when Bobby dropped back into the seat beside him with a popcorn and drink,.

“We’re sharing?” Jinhwan asked, surprised. Bobby usually liked to have his own drink.

“There were so many people. It felt like everyone was staring at me. I almost crapped myself when a little girl waved at me.”

Jinhwan smiled, glad he wasn’t the only one. He accepted the popcorn, but grabbed his friend’s free hand an interlaced their fingers. His hand always felt so small when Bobby held it; he had never really liked that before, but now it seemed...nice?

Looking up, he caught the other’s eyes again. They squeezed their hands at the same time and smiled, eyes crinkling above their masks. Bobby felt a warmth fill him; for the first time in months, he felt hope that they would really be alright, that their friendship would survive.

The theater filled slowly, but luckily it didn’t get too crowded. When the lights finally dimmed, the boys removed their masks so that they could eat.

They huddled close, sharing the snacks and laughing at the film. When the was approaching, Bobby enjoyed the way Jinhwan’s small hands sandwiched his, holding it to his chest. He loved how open Jinhwan’s face was; his emotions plain to see. The way his eyes widened then shrank to crescent as he laughed, rocking slightly forward.

Realizing that he was staring, Bobby forced his attention back to the big screen. The scene wrapped and the credits began to roll. He pulled their masks from his pocket and leaned over to put it on for the still giggling man beside him. Quickly, he got his on too, just as the lights were coming back on.

They held hands all the way home on the bus, chatting about the movie. As they entered their dorm, they saw Hanbin’s shoes were still missing.

“Wonder how late he’ll be out?” Bobby mused aloud, feeling that terrible awkwardness trying to creep back in.

Jinhwan took a large breath and turned to him, face serious. “Jiwon-ah, can we talk?”

Feeling his heart clinch up, Bobby simply nodded, eyes on the floor.

“It’s not… It’s not bad. I’m just…” Jinhwan sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair. “I’m so confused,” he confessed, hands on his hips, face turned away.

Bobby looked up at him uncertainly. “Confused? About what?”

Jinhwan’s cheeks puffed out for a second before answering. “You.”

Now Bobby’s heart sank. “Hyung, please. Please just forget what I did. Let’s just be us, like you said.”

“That’s not what I meant. I mean- Ugh, I just can’t get you out of my head! Your eye smile, your body, your stupid jokes! It’s all I’ve been able to think about. But I like girls! I mean, I really like girls. A lot! It’s so confusing and frustrating! And I don’t know what to do anymore,” Jinhwan said, letting it all gush out.

Bobby just stared at him for a long time, unsure of what to say.

A sigh from the side caught both of their attentions. They turned to see Hanbin standing there, a new pair of shoes in his hands. He frowned at the pair for a minute, debating on his approach.

“Hanbinnie-“ Jinhwan began, but closed his mouth at the look the younger boy threw at him. He looked fearfully over at Bobby, who stood frozen. “Hanbin-ah,” he tried again, only to end in a thick swallow.

BI approached them slowly, setting his shoes aside carefully. He stood directly in front of Bobby, grabbed his cheeks and kissed him.

The eldest blinked owlishly as he pulled away. Hanbin looked over at Jinhwan and raised his eyebrows, reading his expression. He moved over a few steps and pressed his lips lightly to the still stunned man's. 

“No? You didn't feel anything?” he asked Jinhwan pulling back, then nodded. “Now, you two kiss,” he instructed.

The pair looked at each other and then back to the younger hesitantly.

“Go on,” BI ordered in his best leader voice, gesturing almost angrily.

They locked eyes and Bobby took the two steps necessary to be in front of Jinhwan. Slowly, he raised his hand, cupping the shorter’s soft cheek. Heart pounding in anticipation, Bobby leaned down and pressed their lips together. He felt Jinhwan’s body melt against his. His little hands the shirt at Bobby’s waist.

Tilting his head, Bobby deepened the kiss, sliding his tongue along Jinhwan’s. A small noise escaped him as he pressed harder, leaning his body into Jinhwan’s.

“You’re welcome,” Hanbin called, retreating to his room and shutting the door tightly. “Took them long enough,” he muttered, pulling on his headphones and getting back to work.

The End.

A/N: Thanks to everyone who read, subscribed, voted, and commented on this fic. Being my first iKon fic, I was pretty nervous about it. Thanks again guys! Hope you liked the ending.