It's Time

Stolen Moments

A week or so later, Bobby was eating a quick breakfast in the kitchen while waiting on their vans to arrive. Suddenly, two short arms wrapped around his middle as a small body slammed into his side. He smiled down a Jinhwan.

“Yes?”

“I’m hungry,” the older boy announced, eyes locked Bobby’s omelet rice.

“Aigoo, did my Hyungie not get anything to eat yet?” Bobby pinched his cheek gently, teasing him.

“Bobby-ah,” Jinhwan begged with his whole body, shimmying against the younger boy.

Laughing, Bobby relented, feeding his friend a large bite.

“Mmm!” Jinhwan hummed, resting his cheek against bobby’s shoulder.

The rest of the modest meal began to disappear with speed as Bobby alternated between taking a bite and feeding the other man, his free hand resting on the back of Jinhwan’s neck.

“Ooh! Me too!” Hanbin called as he rushed to Bobby’s side, opening his mouth.

“Ah, seriously!” Bobby pouted.

“Please, Hyung!” Hanbin pleaded, bouncing on his toes.

Giving in, he started feeding BI also.

“Good morning," Yunhyeong greeted with a yawn, helping himself to some of the food on the counter.

“What’s going on?” Hongseok asked quietly, looking at the trio oddly.

“Breakfast. Eat quick, the vans’ll be here any minute,” Yunhyeong instructed.

The second eldest in the house ate, but kept throwing looks at the others, not that it bothered them. Not long after, they got the call to go downstairs and head to the studio. Hanbin trotted ahead with Donghyuk, while Bobby followed, arm still around Jinhwan.

“Do you want to watch a movie tonight?” Bobby asked him.

“Yeah. You think we’ll really get off early tonight?” Jinhwan responded.

“I hope so, I could use the rest.”

“Last early off got canceled,” Junhwe reminded them from behind.

Jinhwan groaned and leaned more into Bobby’s side, tightening his hold on his waist.

------------------------------------------

Hours later, Bobby and Jinhwan returned to their dorm alone; the rest of the team had chosen to go out and enjoy their free night. Shutting the door behind them, both boys retreated to the showers.

Freshly washed, they came together again in the living room. Bobby sat on the floor between the other man’s feet as the movie began. They were silent for a long while, attention glued to the tv. But then, Jinhwan leaned forward resting his chin on Bobby’s shoulder, arms circling his chest.

Closing his eyes, Bobby relaxed back, interlocking his fingers with Jinhwan’s small ones. They stayed that way for some time, until the movie was drawing to a close. Bobby glanced sideways, admiring his friend’s profile, lips slightly parted as he watched, absorbed in the drama’s .

Jinhwan smiled as the leads came together with a kiss. Then, the next thing he knew, Bobby had cupped his cheek, turned his face, and kissed him. It felt…different to those they had shared before. Maybe it was the timing, or the way he could feel Bobby tremble, but that kiss felt infinitely more intimate.

He blinked over at the other man as Bobby pulled away, eyes down.

“B-Bobby-ah?” he questioned softly.

“Sorry, Hyung. I shouldn’t have.” Bobby took a deep, shaky breath and gathered the courage to raise his eyes.

Jinhwan could see the hesitation, the fear all over his face.

“Bobby…I-“ Jinhwan broke off uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his neck. “I’m not-“

“I know, I know you’re not. I made a mistake; please just forget about it.”

There were tears in the younger man’s eyes, as he looked down at his hands.

“It’s okay, Jiwonnie,” he said softly, touching his cheek gently. “Everything, all of it, it’s okay. Flattering even. Surprising, of course, but fine.”

Bobby chuckled and wiped the tears as they slid down his cheeks.

“Thanks, Jinan.”

Jinhwan breathed in deeply. “Are you hungry?”

“No. It’s getting late,” he answered softly, standing. “I think I’ll just go to bed.”

“Yeah?” Jinhwan stood too, feeling a little awkward.

“Yeah. Goodnight, Hyung.”

The older boy watched him walk quickly to his bedroom, head hanging.

Feeling unsure, but concerned, Jinhwan turned off the tv and trailed after Bobby. He hesitated at the door, but leaned close trying to hear the mumbled words from the other side.

“Stupid…so dumb…never,” the harshly spoken English words barely carried through the door.

Jinhwan knocked softly, then cracked the door open, just a bit.

“Jiwonnie,” he sighed as Bobby hastily wiped at his tears.

He approached the taller man slowly, and embraced him. Bobby clung to him, squeezing almost painfully.

“Don’t do this,” Jinhwan said soothingly, his friend’s messy hair. “Don’t make it harder than it has to be.”

“But, I kissed you,” he mumbled.

“Well, it’s hardly the first time.”

“Yeah, but this time… It was different. It was…” He gestured vaguely, unable to put his feelings into words.

“I know,” he assured him. Pausing, Jinhwan pulled his upper body back, so that they could see each other clearly. “Would it be easier if I left? Do you need space?”

“No!” He lunged forward, grabbing his small body tightly. “Please don’t leave me.”