MEMORY : JUN

DO I REALLY LOVE YOU?

(JAPAN, 2007)

"Are you alright?"

Slowly I raise my head to look up only to see her smiling so brightly......

My eyes just looks at her......

"Don't worry those kids wont bully you again, if they try it again ill make them pay"

She even swoosh her hand as she punch it at the air....

"Jun, stop crying" then she let out her hand in front of me

At first my hand hesitated but i felt like reaching her hand will make me feel calm.....


I slowly reach it.....


Having a memory of nothing for a 10 year old girl like me back then was so hard....new environment, new people and new me.....but along all that Hirai family who adopted me treated  me as their own daughter.....
Momo treat me very well right from the very start but none of the both of us expected that we will have that different feelings towards each other.....


(SOUTH KOREA, 2016)


Choreographers are all lined up while the trainees are lined up too........

I turn my head a little to look at Momo who's beside me....she's smiling and looking in front and didnt realize that i am looking at her.....


But along all that i didnt realize That Mina who is lined up with the trainees is looking at me.....


"Hi everyone" a guy who seems to be on his 30's greeted that all of us bowed in unison and greeted him too...

"As we all know this training center is planned to be upgraded to an entertainment company....which means that we are planning to make some of you debut"

That made all of us a little shock....some started whispering and talking.....

"Be quiet" he said that the whisperings and talkings stop...

He look at the paper that he is holding then look at us again....

"The reason that all of you are lined up like that is because we chose a line up but of course it can change...."

I sighed, i didnt sign up for this...thats what i thought....i hate being in the spotlight to be honest.....im not interested...i thought.....

"Tzuyu" the first name that he called...after a few seconds a tall girl who look so beautiful came near....she is originally lined up in the trainees.... some of the girls clap for her....

"Nayeon" the second name that he called.....well i knew this girl...she is the famous trainee that the boss always recruits for cf's or recommend her to big companies....

All the girls seems to cheer for her as she was called....

"Jihyo" the third girl who was line up in the trainees again came in front....

I look at to my side to look at Momo again and got me a little curious....her eyes is close and she seem so stiff....

That made me think is she hoping to be included in the line up too....

"Mina" that made everyone goes silent even Mina who was just standing there didnt expected it that the guy called her name again....


"That's the girl the boss takes a likng right?" I heard the one beside me said to the other one she's with....

The other one smirk....
"Maybe she already sell herself"

That made me a little shock and is about to in when....

"Jun" my attempt to talk stop as i heard my name being called.......


I froze....

"Eh?" I blurted out that the other ones laugh a little....

"Pabo" i heard the one beside me said again....

Then i felt Momo's hand push me gently that i realize im really acting stupid....when i look at Momo she is smiling already..........


I walk and stood in front, beside Mina.....

Momo raise her hand then whispered Fighting that i smile as i stand there while she stand on the other side........


The line up has been made and it consists of Tzuyu, Nayeon, Jihyo,Mina,Me,Dahyun and Jeongyeon....

But it doesnt seem to make me happy because as the line up in my group are happy i can see Momo is standing there and not smiling like earlier....she seem to be disappointed but trying not to show it.....

I am about to walk to go to her when The guy suddenly instructed us to go to the other room and leave...

I didnt had the time to even wave goodbye because the guy seem to be in a hurry....

In that other room all 7 of us are sitting.....

"Hi guys" Nayeon started to say.....

"Everyone is smiling as i observe it except

To Mina who is sitting so quietly....that made me thought that this woman is so lifeless....she seem not to smile and just dance...she talks but in a serious way.....

"Hey," i felt someone nudge me that my eyes stop staring at Mina....

I look at who just nudge me and it was this short haired girl....Jeongyeon.....

I smile....

"Youre a Japanese same with Mina-shii?" She ask....

"Well i grew up in Japan but i'm korean" i answer with a smile....

"Ohh" that made them said.....

"So youre sister is Korean too?" Dahyun ask

"That's quite a stupid question Dahyun-ah of course if she's Korean then her sister is Korean too right, Jun-shii?" Nayeon ask as she look at me...

"Well im adopted so Mo-chan is japanese while im korean"

Dahyun look at Nayeon...
"See Unnie i ask the right question" dahyun said proudly that Nayeon pat her head....

"Yeah, you did a great job dubu-ya"

That made others laugh while Mina looks at me that i notice.....


But she looks away immediately.....as i look at her...

This girl is weird i thought......


*******************************************************

I sighed so much when i open the door of the room and throw the folders im holding on the bed and land myself on it......

Then i realize that its already 8....the boss sure talk to me for so long....

 After the short meeting to the 7 of us....the boss called me to go to his office....well i thought theres a problem but he called me because he is interested in me because he discovered that i can compose and read music....that's a rare talent he said....but i thought that it was just a simple hobby of mine.....that's why he included me in the line up....im not a type of person to be a choreographer, i should be an artist....he said.....

And now im holding these stocks of folders to study... he said it can help me to enhance my talent.....

But i try to close my eyes because im sure quite tired.....but as i look around i suddenly leap in the top of my bed when i saw Mina at the floor sitting beside her bed....i just realize that she is there...

She is sleeping....isnt that kind of uncomfortable position....that made me ask myself...

Why dont she just lie on her bed....i tilt my head sideways...as i stand on top of my bed to look at her....her head is about to  fall....

"Oh!" I squint when her head is about to fall...my hands even motion to move to catch her but she tilt it up that made her wake up.....

Her eyes open and im at the position that my hands are in motion to catch her that i immediately stood properly and jump out of the bed...and act serious.....

"Are you alright? You seem to be tired and yet you are sleeping beside your bed?" I ask but she didnt respond....

Seems like my question is a rude one.....she didnt answer me.....

I guess i should not bother her....

I am about to lie properly at my bed when....

"Are you really a Korean?" A whisper but enough for me to hear.....i look at her and point myself to confirm if she's asking me...she nodded once that i smile....

"Yeah"

That made her nod once again....

I smile and thought that maybe she's just shy....

"Its a good thing that we are at the line up but i think it will be more perfect if Momo is in it too" i said that she smile a little that i got amaze....

"Wow! Mina-shii you smile so great" i said that she realize that she smile...

She put her finger at her lip.....

"Youre beautiful when you smile" i said that she didnt respond.....

I stood up....all my sleepiness had gone out.....

"Im thirsty" i said that she raise her head because shes still sitting beside her bed.....

"Do you want to go and drink?"

"Ahh" she said that i let out my hand to help her get up....but she stood up for herself that i got a little awkward at that.....

"The Pd said that the line up should get close to each other" i said as we walk along the corridor......when we went out of the room....

I do all the talking.....seriously i seem to be talking to the wind......


We are about to stop at the cafeteria when we stop as this two girls block our way.....

"Hey if it isnt the stupid and the mute"

This is the girl beside me earlier as they announce the  line up....

"Are you insulting us?" I ask quite tonefully....

She sneered then look at me....

"Youre really stupid arent you?"

That made my ears red in anger....but i controlled it...

I smirk.....and pull Mina to go to the cafeteria and ignore them but her feet block us that both Mina and i stumble down.....

Then they laugh so loud and left.....


Seriously!!! Those arrogant and stupid insecure girls.... ithought as i slowly stood myself up....

"Are you alright Jun-shii?" Mina ask while she try to lift and help me up.....

"Im alright" i said.....

"Are you sure?" She even dusted my clothes a little....


"Im fine" i smile that she smile too....

"Okay" for awhile that smile seem so genuine and soft....

I lifted up my sleeves.....

Then her eyes turn to look at my arm.....

I notice that she is looking at it....

"Im sorry is it not good?" She immediately shook her head as i ask about the wound at my arm....i pull down the sleeve of my sweater....

"I dont even know how i got this....." i said......

"Its not that it isnt good but seeing it makes me remember something" she said that i nod my head....

"My first love"

That made my eyes twitch a little then in a sudden flash....


"I want to be a singer Jena-ya"

A small voice rapidly came through my mind....

That made me touch my forehead as i feel a slight pain....


My head feel so heavy.......


"Jun" i heard Momo's voice that i turn around.......

"Mina-shii" Momo cling to my arm when she reach our position then smile at Mina....

"Are you guys done with the meeting?" Momo ask then roll my sleeves down...maybe to hide my wound.....Momo knew that i get bully when we were just kids because of that wound.....

"Yeah" i answer with a smile.....

Mina seem to be shy again when earlier she seem to be opening up about something.....