The Wait.

Flight 336

            Back and forth. Back and forth.

The life raft sways gently in the soft currents of the ocean. I can feel my stomach growling, but I decide to keep quiet. We've been here now for a few hours, and my skin is already turning red.

"So." I say, looking into the tired faces of the remaining members.

"So." Vernon replies.

My stomach growls again. "What are we supposed to do?" I say.

Hoshi looks up. "We wait."

I sigh, expecting this answer. "Yeah, we wait. But we've been waiting for hours."

No response.

After a few moments, Seungkwan says something. "Truth or Dare." He asks.

"Can't really do dare, can we?" Jeonghan laughs.

Seungkwan rolls his eyes. "Then pick truth."  

"Ok, truth." Jeonghan says. They boys talk back and forth for a long while, and I begin to stop listening to what they are saying. My eyes slowly flutter close. Wait.  What is that? I suddenly feel wide awake. 

"Guys." I say, attempting to stand up in the rocking life raft. "Look over there."

The chatter stops. "What?" Mingyu asks. All eight of there heads turn in the direction I'm pointing in. 

Land!

It's about 3 miles away, but I can just make out the green top of a small island. Well, small from where we are. Vernon and Dino jump up an d grab the emergengy onboard paddles. 

"We're saved!" Woozi yells, filled with energy. The currents of the ocean pull us towards the island, and soon we can see the sand beaches of the island. I dive of the raft into the cold, salty water. Soon after, the eight boys follow me. After a few more my feet touch the sandy bottom. Pulling myself out of the water, I walk up onto the beach. We're all soaking wet, but it's worth it. Land is worth it.

"Ok. Casey, Joshua and I will go search for any sort of town or village." Vernon says.

"What about us?" Seungkwan asks. "Can I go with you?" 

"No." Vernon barks. "You and the others will stay here, look for a water source. It's going to keep us alive, Seungkwan." 

He sighs. "Fine." 

Vernon walks of into the dark green jungle. "Come on," he calls to Joshua and I. Once I can catch my breath, I catch up to the two. Falling into place with Vernon, we walk to a small clearing. 

"Joshua, can you go on by yourself?" Vernon asks. 

He nods. 

"Ok, we will split up to cover more ground. You head off this way, looking for any sign of civilization. Casey and I will go this way. If you can't find anything, just go back to the beach." 

"Got it." Joshua says.

We split off, Vernon and I head East, up a tall mountain. He says that if we can get to the top, we'll easily be able to see people. The late afternoon sun fliters through the tall canopies above. If we weren't stuck here, this would be an amazing place to visit. The two of us walk in silence, admiring the lush jungle. The peacfulness is interupted by Vernon's voice. 

"Look." He calls to me, bending down. "A trail." 

I follow his gaze to find a small, worn-out dirt path. I examine the trail, looking for a clue. Large imprints in the earth are scattered through out the trail. 

Footprints. 

Human footprints.


Hello, this is SparkGemini. Capricornic and I are real life friends, and it seems like she would be inactive on AFF for a while. So I'd be taking over :) Thanks!