The Secrets Between Her Lines

The Seven Year Hitch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi wakes up having fallen asleep on the couch. Schedules were scattered around the table and her music sheets have fallen on the floor. She checks the wall clock and sees that it was already past nine.

Did Irene already leave for work?

It wasn’t surprising that she would be this cold to Seulgi. Good thing the bear prepared herself for the worse.

But even those who already knew the outcome couldn’t change the fact that it still hurts.

Seulgi groggily stands up and walks over to her, now, wife’s room.

The door was slightly open, revealing that the occupant has already left the house.

Seulgi closes the door behind her and sighs.

She shouldn’t have helped in the art show late that night. The daily schedule was now ruined. Even if they have not spoken for two days now, Seulgi didn’t forget about what Irene needed.

She may not do thing as perfect but at least it was the best she could have done.

Glancing at the clock again, Seulgi breathed out and proceeded to the kitchen.

She still has time to make lunch for Irene. Dropping it off before her catering side job would be best to at least take care of her estranged ‘wife’.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene massaged her temple while Sulli eyed her closely. The woman has been stressed out and it would only multiply once James finds out about her so called marriage.

“You know, you could just make her give up.”

Irene looks up to her friend who apparently has no more legal options to nullify her marriage with Seulgi.

“Make her feel what a marriage is like… The bad part…”

Curious now, Irene tilts her head to the side urging Sulli to continue.

“You know… bills, responsibilities, household chores…”

“But she does the household chores and the bills… Well mostly anyway…”

“Then make her responsible for the whole lot. She’s been rooming with you way too long not to. Besides, she won’t last long you know.”

Sulli eyes Irene and sees that her friend looks conflicted. For years, Irene defended Seulgi from everything that Sulli could say. It was weird that her friend is now struggling to get Seulgi out of her hair.

It feels sad that after all those years their friendship is now down the gutter.

 “Yeah, you’re right…” Irene finally says with a sigh.

“I should try and make her give it up.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Seulgi appears in Irene’s office but there was no sign of her best friend. She looks around and sees Wendy approach her with a smile.

“Are you looking for Irene?”

Seulgi nods bashfully and Wendy smiles in return.

“If you two weren’t married, you’d be a perfect girlfriend.”

Seulgi swallows a lump on embarrassed and Wendy merely smiles giving her a pat on the cheek.

“So what brings you here?”

“First I’d like to thank you for teaching me stuff at home so I won’t be a burden to Irene.”

Wendy nods and keeps the smile on her lips.

“Secondly, Irene forgot to wake me up so she doesn’t have her lunch box. I brought it here case she doesn’t like to go out.”

“Wow! I wish I had a wife like you!” Wendy takes hold of Seulgi’s arm and pulls her closer.

Irene’s friends do like the skin ship with Seulgi as much as Irene did. But since Seulgi has hidden feelings, the skin ship with Irene felt awkward.

“I can’t even do things perfectly. I have to write down stuff so I won’t forget. This may taste bland too!” Seulgi pouts and Wendy giggles.

“Still, I think you make a wonderful wife to Irene.”

“Irene is married?” Their boss appears with a smile.

“Oh, Mr. G, this is Kang Seulgi, Irene’s wife. She’s just dropping off Irene’s lunch.”

“I didn’t know our star employee is married! Congratulations!”

Mr. G shook Seulgi’s hand and to be honest, she felt awkward about it.

Being called her best friend’s wife, the moment felt different to Seulgi. It was fulfilling at the same time it felt like a burden.

Irene wanted things to be perfect.

Seulgi knew she deserved perfection too.

Seulgi was nowhere near perfect.

Seulgi wasn’t even who Irene wanted.

“How about I treat you both to dinner tonight? The Board has a luncheon and I feel obliged to take you! Your wife does have a pending celebratory dinner with us too!”

Seulgi blinks a few times and just nods. She mentally slaps herself trying to remember if she had some jobs to do.

Irene arrives and sees Seulgi and her boss talking. Of course she knew this was a problem with their current situation.

“Ah… Irene, it is so good to finally meet your wife. You didn’t tell me you got married over the weekend!”

Irene smiles awkwardly but her fingers reached for Seulgi’s skin pinching it as hard has she could.

Seulgi smiled through the pain not wanting to embarrass herself and Irene who was merely acting out her anger.

“You are invited tonight, Seulgi, I will be expecting you.”

Seulgi nods and closes her eyes as pain tripled when her wife twisted the skin.

Pure torture

“Why do you have to do that? Now I have to drag you into the most important meeting of the year for the big bosses!”

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t…”

“Yes. You weren’t thinking like always, so leave!” Irene pushed Seulgi and the poor bear just closed her eyes trying not to feel anything.

Joy saw this and approached the bear right away.

“She’s been in a lot of stress. Just, keep up with her. That’s what marriage is about right.” The younger girl smiles and Seulgi rewards her with a smile of her own.

“Could you give her this?” Seulgi shows Joy the lunch box.

“She might get hungry and might have no food to eat. She’s a little picky.”

Joy eyes the sad bear leaving then turns to Irene who kept slamming things on her desk. Yeri and Wendy were getting all scared because of her.

The tall woman looks back at the now closed door which Seulgi used to leave.

There was something definitely wrong with this picture.

And she was going to find out.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Krystal was studying over her notes when her sister came and sat on her bed.

“When I told you to stay in bed and rest, it didn’t mean you can work on the bed or study.”

“Sorry, I really have to do these things.”

Jessica looks over Krystal’s laptop but decides not to pry.

“When are you going to tell Seulgi you bought a studio for her?”

Krystal had always wanted to help Seulgi get to her feet. Unfortunately for her, her best friend wasn’t one to leech on to anybody.

Contrary to what Irene’s friends might think, Seulgi didn’t latch on to Irene for the space. Having Irene alone in a big house worried Seulgi to no end. This was especially true when James wasn’t around.

Even now that he is around

Seulgi tried to help as much as she can. Work jobs as much as she can.

She didn’t rely on Irene.

Irene may have offered her a place to live but Krystal was ready to give the same offer as well.

Seulgi chose Irene, because she thought Irene needed her.

Now

The poor bear is being thrown into the curb because of a wedding.

Krystal stares back a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter