Hitched

The Seven Year Hitch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She should be sleeping soundly at this hour but it hasn’t been the same. The argument she had with Seulgi had been worrying her since her best friend left in anger.

They don’t argue much since they were little. Seulgi did have girlfriends but those girlfriends didn’t really have much hold on her best friend. Aside from the fact those girls didn’t compliment her as much as Irene did. Irene always had a valid point.

Seulgi has a valid point too.

Irene did want to take it back.

But the biggest difference was she couldn’t disappoint James.

Seulgi will understand right?

Seulgi will find a way right?

The wedding was up in a month and Irene couldn’t afford to have Seulgi stay if James would move in with her. They needed privacy and Seulgi had to grow up sometime.

Irene placed her arm on her eyes trying hard to tune the thoughts off.

If what she did was right and she had all the right reasons, why did Irene feel like she was hurting?

 

@@@@@@@

 

Staring at the sink before her, Seulgi thought about the consequences she might face about the plan she was about to execute. Honestly, she could just leave and go home to her parents but Seulgi didn’t want Irene to live on her own.

Now

Now Irene had James and was now throwing her away.

If the lack of thoughtfulness from Irene was any indication, Seulgi could chalk it up to people growing up and growing apart.

So it dawns that Irene was going to have a life without Seulgi now. A life Seulgi wished she wanted for her. It would have been okay but James doesn’t deserve her best friend. Irene was loving and caring. The guy is so full of himself he tends to forget what her girlfriend needs. He would leave her on certain dates, and Seulgi had to pick up the pieces sometimes.

She couldn’t blame Irene.

It was her first love. There were things that could blind us when we are young at love.

First love

Seulgi sighs at the thought.

When people speak of first love, Seulgi tries to stay silent about it. In reality no one knew who her first love was. Not even Irene.

Her first love was the most beautiful person she has ever known; both inside and out.

Her first love made her smile, made her weak in the knees and made her complete.

Her first love was her very first heart break. It was the first time Seulgi learned what love meant and all that comes with it; the good and the bad. She had to learn how to let go far too early in her lifetime.

Far too young

Seulgi had to forget because Irene Bae was her first love.

She knows her best friend didn’t deserve someone like her. But Irene definitely deserved more than James could ever offer.

She hears the Irene’s door open but she stops herself from looking behind her. If she was going to save her best friend from the biggest mistake of her life, she will see this through.

Her resolve almost breaks down when she felt arms around her waist and Irene’s chin leaning on her back.

“I’m sorry. It was sudden and I didn’t want you to interpret it wrongly.”

With words uttered, Seulgi thought she had concluded things wrong. But looking down at Irene’s fingers Seulgi had to close her eyes just to keep a tear from escaping.

She will lose Irene forever.

But she will lose her to a person who deserves her.

Not James

“I will help you move out and if you need money…” Irene trails off and loosens the hug.

She failed to realize Seulgi was battling herself for what she was about to do.

For what she was about to say.

Seulgi breathes out then opens her eyes. She turns and Irene stops her trail of thought, noticing there was something different in her eyes.

Seulgi tilts her head to the side and Irene frowns as she leans. As her lips moved closer, Seulgi began to close her eyes and Irene did the same.

It started out simple really. Seulgi caught Irene’s lower lip as the other woman quivered to the touch. It was a new thing for her best friend.

James has never kissed Irene’s lips.

Only her cheek

Seulgi has kissed a lot of girls but with Irene, it was different. The longer her lips lingered, the more Seulgi felt she was going on a high.

She felt her best friend’s fingers at the hem of her shirt, opening her eyes she sees Irene’s eyebrows furrowed as she kept her eyes closed.

She knows she was confused now.

She knows things are different now.

But it had to be done.

She had to save Irene.

Even if it meant she would lose her forever.

Seulgi parts from her and Irene kept her eyes closed. Her lips were slightly open so Seulgi leans and gives it a quick peck.

“We have to talk later. I just need to do something. I already made your lunch box.” Seulgi walks backward and sees Irene eyes slowly open.

Turning away, the artist doesn’t say anything else leaving Irene dazed and bewildered.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Krystal was smiling as she watched Seulgi mark job after job to start her day. Their playful friend had finally tried to be mature and try harder to be an adult. The serious look was something new to her.

It was extremely cute.

Who would have thought Irene getting married would kick it all off?

“I don’t think I’d fit the requirements.”

“You could study while working. I’m sure they can make that adjustment.”

“Is that allowed?” Seulgi asked rather worriedly.

Krystal nods and takes the newspaper from her and immediately places marks on certain jobs on the list.

Once she was done, she hands it over to Seulgi again who reads the job listing Krystal had chosen.

“You should finish your degree Seulgi. Who knows? More work might come.”

“I’ll try my best. Thanks.”

“Do you need me later?”

“Yes.” Seulgi sighs and closes her eyes.

“I did something stupid, Krystal…”

Krystal raised an eyebrow but continued listening to her best friend.

“Do you think I am right? Do you think I am really doing the right thing?”

“I can’t answer that for you my friend. What do you feel?”

Seulgi gathered her thoughts for a moment. She thought of the girl she had to protect since they were young. She thought of the woman who cared for her and understood her throughout the years.

The woman whose kindness never faltered and unwavering

The woman she fell in love with.

The woman whose lips she would like to feel again.

The woman whose smile she would always want to see.

Bae Irene was the woman Kang Seulgi was bound to lose when true love comes.

Not some cheating .

“He’s not the guy. She deserves someone better. I need to give her time. Let’s do this.”

 

@@@@@@@

 

Irene was staring at her monitor for a while now. Not that she could read whatever was shown it in. After Seulgi’s surprising exit that morning, Irene felt out of it.

All she could think of was the kiss.

She had hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter