Hyunnie-Bunny and Seulgi-Bear

The Seven Year Hitch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moving day was never a good day. The Kang family had just arrived into their new home but Seulgi wasn’t one to rejoice. She felt betrayed that she had to lose her friends as well as being close to her grandmother over a job her father and mother had to take in Daegu.

It wasn’t fair.

Her brother can be cool about it, but Seulgi had a life in Seoul. She had Nayoung. She had Sejeong. Her cousin Mina was just a fence away.

With a heavy heart, Seulgi gets out of the family car and stares at the cage she feels she will forever be trapped in.

“Let go!” The satoori accent made her turn

Her eyes dart to a girl struggling to get back her precious blanket.

“Hey you! Stop bullying her!” Seulgi yells and walks over to the two kids across the street.

The boy could clearly see her cracking her knuckles as if preparing for combat. He immediately lets go of the blanket making the girl fall down on her . He runs away as fast as Seulgi could cross the street.

“Don’t come back you hear?!” Seulgi yells out again before turning to the girl who was still on the ground.

She extends her hand to allow the other girl to stand up.

“Everything in place? No pain?” She asks as she examines those big black orbs staring back at her.

Why must she be so intense with her gaze?

“I am okay. Thank you.”

Seulgi nods and waves her hand. There was really no other thing to do but to go back and leave. But then the other girl shyly speaks making her looking back.

“My name is Joohyun, but you can call me Irene.”

“Seulgi… My name is Seulgi.”

With Irene’s lips forming into a smile, the two girls knew that today was a start of something remarkable.

 

@@@@@@@

 

All throughout Elementary, Seulgi was Irene’s personal bodyguard. No bully could touch the forever class president and they both excelled in their own fields. Seulgi was good in the Arts and Music. Irene was good at Math and English. The duo was able to do things side by side and with Seulgi’s charisma, they were both untouchable.

High school came and Seulgi’s charms reached new heights. Being a member of the High School band, there were tons of fanboys and fangirls around every corner waiting for Seulgi to appear. Unfortunately for them, Bae Joohyun, the heartthrob’s best friend, was always by her side pushing them away. If only Bae Joohyun would just take her own boyfriend or girlfriend so that they could have their chance with Seulgi.

It was one lunch break and Seulgi was per usual flirting with some fangirls in the quad. Irene and Sulli were watching her, Irene with a rather more serious gaze.

“If I didn’t know any better you’re jealous of those girls.”

“I am not!” Irene turns and slaps Sulli’s arms.

She tried to hide it of course. That sick feeling whenever Seulgi was with the other girls or boys. They weren’t together. They were just best friends. One day, when school is done, Irene would have the same. While waiting she should be happy for her friend.

Be supportive.

That is what a best friend should do… Right?

 

@@@@@@@

 

College came and our little bunny is becoming more aware that people are intimidated by her. Still no suitors Good thing Seulgi was still with her. No dull nights in the dorm.

The lack of love life inspired Irene to plan her future properly. As of the moment, she is trying to save her downpayment for the house she was dreaming of. Taking off her glasses, she sighs as she watched Seulgi sleep soundly on her bed.

The art student was so tired partying that day she went directly to Irene’s dorm and slept. It was already usual for Seulgi to be like this after partying.

Irene seemed to be her home away from home.

Even if she was dead drunk, she could find her way to Irene’s room before knocking herself to sleep.

A sigh escapes her lips as Irene pulls her best friend upwards so that she could lay properly in the bed.

Once she was done, she positions herself beside Seulgi and the other girl automatically latches herself on her waist. Irene smiled and ran her fingers through her best friend’s hair.

“Graduation is coming so fast, we barely even notice the days pass us by.” Irene mumbles as her finger now traced Seulgi’s cheek.

“Will you miss me when I am gone?” She asks and stops herself from touching her best friend’s lips.

 

@@@@@@@

 

Graduation

It’s such a wonderful feeling. Irene sighs in relief as she now walks with Sulli and Wendy so that they could go back to the dorms.

“Soooo… Miss Summa Laude… What are you going to be up to now?” Sulli asks in jest.

“Oh come on. It’s not like you don’t know. I will still be working in the real estate firm. The boss there just offered me a permanent job. Besides, it’s not as prestigious as yours Miss ‘I’m Ready for Law School.’”

“But I have news for you guys.” Irene smirked and they all stopped walking just to talk about the detail.

“I got my own place, my own house!”

“Really? That’s great!” Wendy gives Irene a hug and soon after Sulli gives her one as well.

“I just made a downpayment and I’ll be moving in by

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter