Request of: rejinadjww

Request Box (BTS, EXO and iKON stories only) [CLOSED]

This Is My Love (2nd request)

Honey...

How's our son doing? 

Is he in good condition now?

I'll do everything for our son so don't worry...

I love you, always remember that.

 

Regina Yoon face fell when she remembered his husband she loves the most. His husband died 2 years ago because of the car accident. That happened right after he told her that he'll do anything for her. They had no extra money that made his husband borrow from anyone, get part-time job and many more. But their ways wasn't enough for them to pay the hospital bills and medicines that their son, Yoon Jeonggi, needed for him to be cured. 

As she remembered all those things, a guy named Kim Taehyung approached her and sat beside her. "Regina... You were thinking about it again?"

He was her long time super close buddy that all secrets she had were shared to him. But one time, he confessed his feelings for her but Regina told him that it'll take time to accept another guy in his heart. He knew this guy well but she just wanna make sure...

But Taehyung was patient and determined. He would do anything to prove her that his love for them was true.

"Taehyung... How could you stay with me all this time?" She asked, making him chuckled. She should know the answer.

"Remember... I love you." He said with a serious tone and smiled, seeing her blushing without her knowing.

"Oh... kay. Let's go! Let's fetch Jeonggi..." She said and stood up.

He breathed, thinking that girl would never reply back on his 'love you's words. But he still believed someday... she would realize that she has feelings for him too. 

He stood up and followed her.

---

"Eomma! Uncle Taehyung!" Jeonggi was saying while running to his mom and uncle. He was smiling so wide as it seems that he wanted to say something. 

"What's the good news baby?" Taehyung said and ruffled Jeonggi's hair.

"Uncle, Eomma! We're having a family day this Saturday. I hope both pf you are available. huh? No excuses, No BUTS." He said, panting.

"Baby... speak slowly... You get tired easily." Regina said and laughed.

"Eomma~" 

"Aww... Jeonggi is so cute! C'mon... Put your arms around my neck. I'll give you a back ride!!" Taehyung said, making Jeonggi smiled and gave his bag automatically to his mom.

Regina's eyes widened in shock when his baby just did that action. But seeing him happy with Taehyung made her happy also.

While looking at Taehyung, she saw his fatherly side and that made her proud on herself because she just found someone who will be there always for them... But something in her made her feel different... she put her hand on her chest and noticed her heart, beating so wild.

"Hobby... Is he the guy?" She whsipered and looked at Taehyung focusedly. (Okay, his husband appeared in her dream one time and said someone who will guard them forever is just around them.)

---

SATURDAY

"Eomma! Where's uncle? He'll come, right?" Jeongii said and he's at the verge of crying.

Regina stared at his son worriedly and clicked her tongue. She just remembered what she had done.

Flashback

Taehyung put the sleeping Jeonggi on his bed while Regina was just looking at them lovingly. She then only stared at Taehyung.. Her heart was pounding wildly. 

She still couldn't accept the fact.. that she already fell for him. she was so stubborn and told herself it couldn't be.

So when Taehyung faced her, she talked to him but not having an eye sontact. "Taehyung... my son and I can be only be together. Talking about your love for us... for me, forget about that..."

"Can't you see? You're waiting for nothing... I can't... l-love you back. So let this be the last time you'll see us... We don't need you anymore."

Taehyung was then dumbfounded. He didn't know how to react or move. His heart was broken...

"Regina... You're just kidding, right?"

"Do I look like?" She said and tried to glare.

He blinked his eyes many times and said, "maybe you're just tired..."

"Taehyung... please... No one can replace my husband in this heart of mine... No one..." Regina said and saying that made her want to cry all her tears. She knew she was lying because she knew she loved him already.

"If you want, just... just be sweet to my son but never be sweet nor kind to me... People just see us as we're together, I don't like that." She said and Taehyung just looked down. "Also, don't go on Saturday... We don't need you there."

Taehyung gulped, shook his head and stared at her with hurt in his eyes. "You didn't think of Jeonggi..."

Regina felt weak and let herself sit on their couch while crying. "I'm sorry..."

End of Flashback

 

"Okay, baby... I'll call your uncle now..." Regina said and grabbed her phone. She dialed Taehyung's phone number and waited for his answer. As he picked up the call, Regina spoke without him saying anything.

Please Taehyung... Forget all the words I told you... Please Jeonggi is waiting for you. Please... Just do this for Jeonggi. I know I hurt you but please...

You don't have to tell me... I will really attend... for him.

T-Thanks... 

"Uncle Taehyung! You're here!" Jeonggi said and ran to him. He was just few meters away from the both of them. He never stared at her but instead stared at her son happily. She smiled sadly and told them to follow her inside the school where the event will happen.

"Okay! I guess all students with their parents are now here so let's begin!" The MC of the school announced and everybody got excited.

 

FIRST GAME

-Sack Race (1st Place)

SECOND GAME

-The boat is sinking (1st Place)

THIRD GAME

-Who wants to be a millionaire? (Kids Ver.) (1st Place)

LAST GAME

-Calamansi Relay (...)

 

Every game contains 30 minutes to play and from all those groups, her group always won. She was staring at Taehyung but never he stared back. She sighed heavily and just hugged her son. The last game started and the eliminated groups were cheering for her group. They really want her team to win. She smiled at them and grabbed Jeonggi's hand to cheer for him while on Taehyung, he glanced at her but with only a little smile. At least he smiled, she thought.

"Okay!! So 3 group remains! We hope you guys for the best! The winning team in this round will receive a skateboard for the son and father while the moms will receive a make-up set!" MC said for the last time and after hearing that, her ears perked up and gulped. She looked at her guys and said' Fighting!'.

Taehyung released a smile unexpectedly that made her chuckled. Jeonggi laughed too and all of them cheered each other. 

Her son first took the spoon and put the calamaansi on top of it and walked carefully to the chair then walked back to her to pass it. When he passed it to her, she did the same thing and did it successfully to Taehyung. It was done repeatedly and successfully until a sudden action distructed her at the last round. Taehyung's eyes were focued on hers that made her feel shy and distructed. She tried to put it on his spoon when the calamansi fell so she reached for it to pick it when she doesn't know Taehyung was about to pick that too. 

Her eyes widened and her cheeks blushed when she noticed how closed he was to her. She blinked her eyes many times and only the voice of the MC ended her staring contest with him with, "Okay! Group 3 wins! You will receive the gift!"

She looked away and faked a cough. She walked to her son and said sorry. "It's okay mom... I love looking at the both of you..." he said and smiled lovingly.

The contest ended and they received an award, a ticket for three to any city they want to go. But she noticed Taehyung... She was sad for him, she knew he really want that skateboard. She approached him and said sorry.

He looked at her and smiled a little. "It's okay... I don't mind."

He then called her son to say goodbye and he hugged him tightly. "Uhmmm... Jeonggi... I guess I have to go now. Let's see again each other soon, okay? Love you..."

Her son hugged him tightly and looked sad. Taehyung looked at her and just nodded, saying that he'll leave already. He turned his turned back and all she think was it was not right. Her son looked at her sadly and watched Taehyung left slowly. She smirked, thinking Taehyung would really leave.

"Jeonggi, baby... go inside the house and wait... for us, okay?" She said and kissed his son's cheek.

She ran and when she saw Taehyung, she shouted, "Taehyung!!"

The guy stopped for a while but remembering what she said before, he continued walking.

"Taehyung! Stop!"

He continued walking.

"Taehyung... I love you!"

He then stopped but wanting to clear it... He continued.

"Yah! I love you!!!"

He then turned around and saw her panting so hard. "Yah! Why do you have to make this difficult for me?"

Taehyung didn't answer and let her speak. "You pabo! I hate you!... Okay, I'm sorry if we didn't win for your skateboard. I know it's my fault-"

"It's really your fault." He said, cutting her off. She stared at him and just breathe.

"It's your fault... making me fall for you. You're just so loving that makes me stop doing things... and that made us lose the last game..." He said, smiling.

Her lips just curved and nudged him. "But you win me... I think you want my heart more than that skateboard, right?"

Taehyung then smiled widely and grabbed her waist. "Of course... I love you more than anything..."

"And thanks for doing that to me and my son..." She said and leaned her forehead to him.

"Eomma! Appa! Can I join the hug?" Jeonggi, panting, said. She and Taehyung got shocked and just laughed then hugged him too.

"My love for you guys will never fade... and will always be in my heart. That's my love for you..." He said and hugged them tightly.

Honey... Thanks for not leaving us and making me realize that there are still someone who's there for us to protect and guard. -Regina's thought

 

If you really love someone, you are willing to do anything just to prove him you love him.

-Denisebyul

 

Author's Message: Thanks for waiting! I hope you enjoyed this one shot~ :))

 

THE END