three

reaching you.

It was the day of Seventeen's fansign event and thank the heavens for Eunsol, she only had classes in the morning. By 12 she was out and the event was at 4, so she still had time to change out of her hobo outfit.

Eunsol decided on a thick navy sweater and black jeans, paired with her favourite knee-high boots. She grabbed her winter coat and DSLR camera (well, since she did promise Soonyoung that she'd be taking great photos of him) and stepped out of her apartment. 

When she reached the venue of the event which was indoors since it was still too cold to hold it outside, it was no surprise that the area was filled with fans. Banners of Mingyu and Jeonghan filled the air, and there were many fanbase representatives, some she recognized such as Jisoo's Sweet Bomb, My Wooniverse and Love Lane. She sighed. She still hadn't really found the right words to tell the boy despite him messaging her a few nights ago. Now that she was here, a part of her wanted to back out. 

She took a seat near the corner where most of the 'single' fans were, and waited patiently for the event to start.

Beep. She heard her phone and checked her notification. 

I SEE YOU! 

She raised her eyebrows and looked around the auditorium. Where could that 10:10 be? She looked around more, even turning to the back, and there she saw a flash of bluish blonde behind a standee near the entrance. She squinted her eyes and saw none other than Soonyoung cheekily waving at her, together with Mingyu. Joshua was peeking out behind them, smiling at her. Eunsol chuckled. Such dorks, she thought. They'll cause a ruckus here if other fans see them. She waved back to the three idols, and at that moment someone smacked the two boys from the back. She widened her eyes and laughed at Soonyoung's shocked expression, but her laughter slowly died down when she saw who the smacker was. 

 

"Who are y'all waving at? The event's starting in 10 minutes," Wonwoo said, coming up from behind.

"Who else?" Mingyu replied with a grin, then went back to waving at the familiar girl. 

Realization hit him and almost immediately he smacked the boys' shoulders, asking them to get back and make their way backstage, but at the same time having a different motive. 

"Yah!" Hoshi exclaimed, sending him a glare. "I'll complain to her later!" He said and trudged off. 

Wonwoo looked at him with slit eyes as the dancer walked away, before taking a peek at the auditiorium and attempting to find the girl. And there she was, right at the corner. He was actually surprised to see her because he knew that Eunsol didn't really like crowds so showing up on his events were rare. He knew her so well that despite almost all girls having the same backview, he'd recognize her immediately. She was looking right back at him and he noticed slightly agape and her cheeks tinted a slight pink. Wonwoo softened. It has been a while since they last saw each other and he missed her so god damn much. 

He sent her a small wave, smiling with warmth. He then signaled to her that he'd be appearing in 10 minutes and that she should get ready to see his handsome face. They had a way of conversing and understanding each other with their own sign language. Eunsol replied with sticking her tongue out at him, before innocently smiling. Haha, cute. 

 

The fansign started with the Seventeen members and showcasing their individual talents, including Hoshi's perfect dancing and Wonwoo with his perfect rapping skills and hidden aegyo. Although he looked appealing to the fans, only Eunsol and s would know that this was just a thin mask he was wearing. 

Before they knew it, fans started queuing up, giving their fan gifts and getting their booklets signed. The eighteen-year old was next, and she was quite glad that this time Wonwoo was the second last of the boys. The first was Vernon, whom she had a really awkward relationship with, but nonetheless was a sweet American. 

He immediately recognized her and raised a brow, "Never thought I'd see you here." 

She meekly smiled. "Jisoo-oppa invited me to come." Eunsol handed him a mini toblerone bar she had brought for all of the members and a small card, having a small chat, before moving on to Minghao. Followed by Jun, Seungkwan and the cute maknae Dino who also recognized the girl from Wonwoo's polaroids in their dorm. 

"Eunsol noona!" he exclaimed as Eunsol sat in front of him. 

"Hello Chan!" she greeted back using his real name, passing him her booklet and the small gifts. 

"You know," he started.  

"I overheard Wonwoo hyung and Soonyoung hyung last night while they were doing the dishes. He was talking about how he missed being in a relationship," he whispered during their one minute chat session, but of course being slapped at the back of his head by Jisoo right beside him not long after. Joshua gave him a look and the maknae stared at him in disbelief, but soon read the situation and saw Eunsol's change in expression.

"Oops, sorry noona, I'lll give you a big heart shape instead!" he said and grabbed her hand, drawing a heart shape on her wrist and signing 'saranghae! love your cutie dino'. Eunsol gave him a soft smile and took his marker from him, returning a 'kamsa, from eunsol noona <3' scribble on his wrist. 

Next was none other than the flower boy, who gave the girl a warm smile. "I'm glad you made it," he said as he interlocked his hands with hers, like how the others did to their fans. "How've you been?" He asked with such comfort, Eunsol thought she was already crushing on this boy. She passed him her booklet and the toblerone. 

"I've been good," she replied, observing him as he signed her booklet. 

"That's nice to hear, although we just met just a few nights ago," he said, winking at her. 

At that the girl blushed pink and cleared awkwardly, making Joshua chuckle.

"Oppa."

Joshua looked up from the booklet, "Hm?" 

He saw her rummaging through her bag, and took out a black suede wrist-let with a small pendant, similar to a choker. 

"I got this for you as a way of thanks for the other day." 

His eyes softened. This was why he was a tad bit jealous since Wonwoo had such a sweet bestfriend. "Kamsa, we'll hang out again soon okay," he assured her as they interlocked their fingers once more. When she left to move on to the next member, he secretly clasped the wrist-let around his wrist and observed it for awhile before smiling to himself. 

She moved onto the rest, which included the whole of the vocal team, S.Coups and Mingyu. As time passed by and she finished the boys one by one, Eunsol's heart raced. She still didn't know what to say to Wonwoo. She was completely speechless, slowly forming up the words to say. When she reached Mingyu, Wonwoo was right beside him, although it seemed as if he hadn't noticed her presence - yet. 

"Hello Sol," Mingyu whispered and Eunsol beamed at him. She handed him her booklet and Toblerone, together with a small card.

"I heard you had supper with Jisoo hyung a few nights ago," he said as he wiggled his eyebrows. 

Wonwoo seemed to have caught 'Jisoo-hyung' in their conversation and took a peek at Mingyu, only realising that his bestfriend was just there diagonally in front of him! He cleared his throat and pretended that he was preoccupied with the fan in front of him, even forcing out fake laughter to the non-existent joke the fan made whom he was doing fanservice to.

"It was just supper after work, nothing more nothing less." Eunsol stated as a matter of fact. 

Mingyu grinned, "oooookay, if you say so. Hey, but I heard that Jisoo-hyung may have a slight cr-" he was interrupted with his own whine and he through his teeth. Eunsol raised her brows and glanced at Wonwoo beside him, smiling triumphantly as he pretended nothing happened, making the fan infront of him equally puzzled. 

"What were you gonna say, Mingyu-ah?" she asked. 

"Nothing," he whimpered. 

He finished signing her album and interlocked his fingers with her once more before she moved on. 

Finally, they both thought. 

They both missed each other no doubt, but they couldn't really find the right words to say. Soonyoung took the attention away from Wonwoo and did a cheeky wave at the girl. She waved back, glad to see her idol next, but of course, she had to face her bestfriend first. 

"Hey." 

"Hey." 

Eunsol handed him her album and awkwardly sat in front of him. "How was your filming?" She asked cautiously, trying to start a conversation. 

"It was good." He replied nodding. 

He put his hand out coyly as he signed the album. Eunsol stared at him for a while, before fitting her hand into his. In a second, they felt the comfort they needed once again, feeling connected through their touch. 

"And so what's this thing I heard about Jisoo-hyung?" he questioned, still signing the album, including a long message that Eunsol couldn't make out. 

"Oh." was the only word that came out of her, and Eunsol meekly smiled at him. "We just went for supper together." 

Wonwoo eyed the girl in front of him. "Ahh, Flirting  without my I see.." 

Eunsol rolled her eyes, "You know better than that Jeon Wonwoo." 

The boy chuckled in response. "I do. I know you love me more," he said as he squeezed her hand, then slowly threaded his fingers through hers. 

"Again with the love thing," she muttered. 

"Don't you love me?" he asked, half joking, half serious. A part of him was waiting for an 'acceptable' answer. 

"Who knows," she replied casually and grinned at him cheekily. 

Realising that she might have just been playing along with his words and not taking them to heart, he returned a sad smile. It wasn't the first time he joked with her of that topic, but now he knew for himself that behind those words lie a deep meaning to it. 

Their moment was short-lived as their awkward conversation died down before they knew it, so Eunsol decided on just enjoying his presence in front of her. After Wonwoo finally finished signing her album, he looked up at her, his lips in a firm line. 

"I'll see you later then." 

The girl returned a soft smile. "I'll see you," she said before moving on to Soonyoung, who was highly anticipating her since the previous fan had already left. 

 - - -

Her secret doorbell rang fifteen minutes later, signalling the boy's arrival. Just as he said he'd see her. And he did. Late at night hours after the fansign event, he made his way to her apartment. Her apartment and the boys' dorms were actually just a few blocks away, past the road and across a primary school.  Well he's early, she thought to herself. Eunsol jumped off her bed to open the door, anticipating his arrival. She opened to see her best friend wearing all black. Eunsol could sense his exhaustion but he hid it all behind a smile. 

"Hello," he said and waved at her, welcoming himself into the familiar apartment and entering like it was his own. He plopped himself onto her couch as Eunsol closed the door behind her. 

He inhaled the fresh fragrance which reminded him of Jeju that filled the apartment and sighed, "I haven't been here in a while. When was the last time?" 

"Two months ago?" She replied as she came back with two sodas, handing him one. 

"So how much work do I have to catch up on?" He asked as he opened the can. 

"A lot. It shouldn't be surprising anymore Jeon Wonwoo." 

He glanced at her before shrugging, "True. I'm not alone on this anyway since you're always there to back me up." 

Eunsol looked at him in bewilderment, "Yah! Jeon Won!" smacking his arm. "Do I look like some personal assistant to you?" 

He chuckled, "Aww, look who's sulking~" he teased as he poked her sides, making her squirm. "Jeon Wonwoo!" she squealed. "Stop! I'm trying to drink!" 

He laughed at her attempt to escape his wrath, enjoying her reaction.

"I will bathe you in GabuGabu!" she threatened.

"Woah, don't try missy I have a photoshoot tomorrow," he backed away from her, making her send him a glare in response. 

She was slightly taken aback. Another schedule after he had just come back from those multiple filming and preparing for their comeback? She hid her disappointment behind a smile and stopped their child play and instead stuck her tongue out at him.

Silence came as Wonwoo observed his best friend sipping her Ice-cream soda, watching her intently. Cute. 

The girl seemed to have noticed the intense gaze being given off and she looked back at him. "What?" 

Wonwoo smiled softly, "Nothing." He opened his can and took a sip. "You look a lot skinnier, Hwang Eunsol. Have you been eating at all?" 

The girl glared back in response, "Hey. Who's the one missing all of those lessons? I'm the one helping you catch up with your work you know that?" 

"I know," he replied. "Thanks." 

Stupid, she muttered in response. 

 

"So," the boy started, putting down his can soda. "What did you and Jisoo-hyung talk about?" 

Uh oh. Eunsol stared at him as he stared back with an eyebrow raised. "Well, uhm..." she stuttered. Was she going to bring up that topic about Dasom? 

"I was... well... I was told..." she faltered, thinking of how she would put this. 

"Told what?" Wonwoo questioned, slightly confused. 

She sighed. You have to bring this up Eunsol. 

"You and Dasom met at the terminal." She boldly said. 

Wonwoo frowned. "Oh. That." He didn't know how to respond either. 

"Yeah, well-" she cleared . "What are you planning to do?" 

The boy looked at her, puzzled. "What are you talking about?" 

"I know you still like her, Wonwoo. You can go ahead and make up with her if you want." she said. 

He stared at his best friend, both in confusion and disbelief. "What? I thought I told you a long time ago that I've gotten over her? That was 6 months ago, Eunsol-ah." 

"Then why were you so bothered when you saw her at the terminal?" She argued. She didn't even know why she was so agitated. Get a grip, Eunsol. You're not even his girlfriend. 

"I wasn't-" 

"Don't deny Jeon Wonwoo." she interrupted. 

"Jisoo-hyung was the one that told me about how you were quiet the whole time while traveling back here. You didn't even bother to tell me that you were back. I'm starting to feel more and more invisible since this whole gig started and as each day passes, it's getting harder and harder to reach you. And you miss being in a relationship? Oh I totally understand that."

She didn't know why she was acting like this. She knew she was starting to act like some brat, but she couldn't stand the fact that whenever he had a schedule he never really informed her about it, always leading her to having hopeful thoughts. He never told her when his schedules would end so maybe she could prepare something for him to ease his fatigue, or at least do something to help. She waited, two months without his presence. She waited patiently, even distracting herself. But the tension had already built up so much that she couldn't just stand there and pretend that nothing was wrong. 

The boy opened his mouth, genuinely shocked at Eunsol's outburst. "So I'm the one at fault now huh? For not immediately texting you when I just reached Seoul? Shouldn't you already be used to the fact that I'm always MIA? And why are you even jealous over the fact that I saw my ex at the terminal? Don't you trust me?" 

"This isn't about trust Wonwoo!" She blurted, tears starting to form. "Don't you see how ugly this is getting ever since your career started?" 

Wrong move, she immediately thought. Now Wonwoo could just argue back with how unreasonable she's being and how insecure she was. 

"When my career started? It hasn't affected anything Eunsol! In fact I'm the only one, in this god damn friendship, who's making the effort to actually mend it back!" he refuted and glared at her with angry eyes. Eunsol could only look down to avoid his gaze. She knew she was in the wrong, but she didn't want it to seem as if she was the only cause of their strained friendship. 

"You don't notice how, how I try my best to walk with you to school? How I'm always trying my best to make you open up to me whenever we're in campus? And then I do all these to get back your attention, to spend time with you, but what do I get in response? A ing cold shoulder Hwang Eunsol. You're always brushing me off. Who's the one making this ugly?" he reasoned.  

No no no, this isn't supposed to happen. Wonwoo knew he wasn't really meaning what he was saying, but everything was coming out so carelessly that even he couldn't stop himself.

She couldn't handle it anymore. She didn't want to argue anymore. Wonwoo was upset. For the first time in their whole history of being best buddies, he was actually mad at her. 

For a split second fury could be seen in his eyes as he glared at the girl in front of him, but it immediately dissipated when he saw tear welling up in her eyes. Oh , no no no. He didn't mean what he said. He was just overwhelmed. Guilt immediately rushed through him. He had just made her cry. Reality hit him like a train as got back to his senses. 

"Oh Eunsol, I'm so sorry I didn't mean-"

"I think it'll better if you leave for now, Wonwoo." 

At that he froze. Eunsol sat back on the couch, looking everywhere except at him, her tears threatening to fall. Wonwoo clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. This wasn't supposed to happen. They weren't supposed to fight. He didn't hang out at her apartment to argue. Why was everything so wrong? 

The idol heaved a heavy sigh, and within seconds was out the apartment, slamming the door behind him. 


{a/n}: thank you for the love!