last

reaching you.

It had been two long hours since Eunsol came and now the boys had to go off for practice at the company building for the next five hours. They were preparing for a new album after all. 

"I'll see you guys soon! Thanks for the meal!" Eunsol said and tried to quietly leave as the boys were preparing as well. 

"Wait, you're going home alone?" Joshua asked. 

Eunsol nodded in response like it was no big deal. 

"No no no, someone has to send you home," Mingyu stated. 

Soonyoung brightened at his words. "I VOLUNTE-" He was stopped mid-sentence as Dokyeom clasped a hand around his mouth. 

"Ah, Wonwoo! Send her home!" Seungcheol ordered. The named boy widened his eyes, "Me?" 

"Why are you so surprised? Don't you always send her home?" Mingyu pushed, smirking. 

Eunsol on the other hand didn't know what on earth was going on, but she could feel her cheeks burning. Mingyu was right. Wasn't it normal for Wonwoo to send her home? But why did it feel different now? 

"Oh, yeah. Ok sure. Let me just..." Wonwoo walked back into his room and came out a few seconds later. "I'll meet you guys at the company building." he said as he put on his shoes and led his bestfriend to the opened lift. 

Just when the lift was about to close, they heard Soonyoung holler, "You don't have to come back!" 

Wonwoo mentally facepalmed and made a mental note to torture the performance leader later on. Eunsol just stood beside him with blushing cheeks. 

- - - 

The walk back was neither too chatty nor too awkward. They talked casually about school and Seventeen's comeback which was happening in a few weeks' time.

"So you enjoyed the game that Chan taught you?" 

"Mhmm!" Eunsol beamed. 

"And are you planning to visit soon?" He questioned. 

"Maybe, since Mingyu and Jisoo oppa asked me to."

Wonwoo frowned. Even though he knew she said it very casually as she saw them as friends, he couldn't help but feel a tad bit jealous. 

"So you don't love me anymore?" 

Her face turned quizzical, "Oh Wonwoo, again with the lov-" But when she turned to face him, she immediately noticed how serious he suddenly became. His expression he had on was unreadable. It was neither annoyed nor angry. It was just... straight on serious. And that intimidated the girl for a second. 

"Oh come on, Jeon Won. Don't be a kid," she laughed nervously, lightly hitting him on the shoulder and attempting to lighten the mood. 

"What if I'm being serious?" Wonwoo asked, his gaze fixated on her.

This time, Eunsol was caught off guard. "Huh?" Her heart started to race. By now they had stopped walking since they were right below her apartment building. The boy his lip and looked at the sky, breaking the eye contact. He sighed. "I told them this wasn't gonna work out," he muttered more to himself, but the girl managed to catch it. "What isn't going to work out?"

He gazed back at the latter, whom he noticed was starting to get nervous as well. She wasn't that stupid to not read the tension around, so he knew that she was just as nervous as he was. "Hwang Eunsol, whatever that comes out of my mouth next may or may not be true." 

Eunsol breathed in and managed to squeak an "ok." 

Wonwoo pursed his lips together. Then he properly faced her and took her hands, which shocked the girl as he never did these things. Well, he did hug her alot, and skinship between them became like a habit rather than something to treasure, after being bestfriends for the past 5 years. But the way he took her hands so gently like they were so delicate shocked Eunsol a lot, and she already knew what he was going to say. 

"Hwang Eunsol, there's this guy I know who really, really, likes you. He's just a real coward, keeping all this inside for the past 5 years. He's really handsome though," at this the two laugh. 

 "But he can be a jerk sometimes. He's always running around, he avoids her even in the lecture halls because he's too afraid that you'll notice his change in behaviour. He never realised that you were so hurt about this, until he had his friend tell him. He feels sorry, but he just doesn't know how to tell all these to you. So now he comes to you, speaking in third person because he thinks it's easier that way." He pauses to chuckle. 

"Eunsol-ah, this guy that I know, he knows his mistakes. And he doesn't want to repeat them anymore. Even though he knows that he'll get busier and busier since his group will get more projects and fans, he'll stay with her no matter what. And he wants her to really trust and support him." Wonwoo squeezed her hands in his and the back of her hands with his thumbs. "Will you give this guy a chance?" 

And there, he said it. 

Eunsol stood in front of him speechless. She had expected him to confess, but she had not expected him to do it in such a deep way. 

She smiled at him. "Only if he gives this girl a chance as well. Tell him she really likes him too."

Wonwoo grinned, unable to contain his excitement inside and pulled the girl into a tight embrace. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to tell you all that," he whispered to her as he her hair.

"I know," she joked, but squeezed him tighter as well.

After a while they broke their embrace, going back to reality. 

"I wanted to tell you my feelings before you through a letter, but I guess you beat me to it," Eunsol confessed, biting her lip. 

At that, a light bulb lit up in the boy's head. It wasn't an idea, rather something he suddenly remembered. 

"Ah, I actually do... have a love letter for you." 

Eunsol looked baffled, "Ok. The confession was good. But now, a love letter from you is a little creepy. What on earth did you eat?" 

 "The same food as you, idiot." He said as he dipped his hand into the pocket of his jacket, and pulled out a CD case. 

Eunsol looked at the item he was holding and widened her eyes, "Is this Seventeen's new album!?" 

"What this? No way. It's way too ugly and I'd want you buying it instead of giving it to you for free. Don't forget the fact that we need our sales to increase." He said as held up the CD case. 

"This, however, is one of the songs from the album. And it's one of my favourites since I sing in it." He winked at the girl, who gawped at him. "No way!" 

"Way!" He exclaimed back, handing her the CD.

"Oh, and it's called Love Letter," Wonwoo whispered in her ear cheekily. 

"I can't wait to hear it," she beamed. 

A gust of wind hit the couple, making both of them shiver. Wonwoo looked at Eunsol and laughed. "The wind is telling you to go in and rest."

"And telling you that you have to show up for practice." She added and pushed his forehead.

Wonwoo playfully clucked his tongue and took her by the shoulders, pushing her into the entrance of the building. 

"Ahh wait, when's the next time we'll be seeing each other?" The girl asked when he released her. 

"Tomorrow." He replied without any hesitation. 

Eunsol raised her eyebrows, "You don't have anything tomorrow?" 

"I do, but we live so near each other, it's so hard to ignore that fact." 

He cupped her cheeks in his palms. "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning right here all right?" 

She nodded, smiling with her eyes. 

"Goodnight, Eunsol." 

"Goodnight, Wonwoo." 

And with that, in one day, one night, they had both mended ties, and upgraded their level of intimacy. A minute ago they were best friends, and now, who knows? 


{a/n} AND IT'S NOW THE 24TH OF APRIL 12AM WHERE I LIVE THE DAY OF PRETTYU'S MV AND SHOWCASE RELEASE WHOO. Thanks so much for reading loves!!!! I know the ending seemed really abrupt, but I'm not good with endings in general, even with my life HAHAHAHA. please do leave a comment :)