five

reaching you.

The next few weeks were a blur.

Wonwoo was always distracted during his schedules due to him pondering over Joshua's words. It had been a few weeks, three weeks to be exact since then, but nothing had changed since their argument. 

The two met in the bus on several mornings, but they wouldn't be sitting beside each other. During lectures they would be far away from each other, and even Sojin noticed the tension they gave out. 

Eunsol spent most of her time working and studying, or when she was free she'd be hanging out with either Sojin or Soonyoung at the cafe. 

"It's day 25 and my phone is full of your messages, Soonyoung oppa," she whined, sipping on her caramel macchiato.

Soonyoung chuckled, "Shouldn't you be happy Eunsol-ah? It's your idol messaging you!" he said, putting his wrists together and making a V with his hands below his face. 

Eunsol giggled, "I know. I fangirl everyday. Because of you." she stirred her drink as she went back into deep thought. "But you know what I mean. I really wonder if he's still angry. He avoids me everywhere. Last week when I attempted to apologize after lecture he just fled the halls. And it wasn't because he had a schedule." 

Soonyoung smiled in response. "Maybe he headed off to the library because he was feeling super studious." 

Eunsol gave him a look, "Really now, oppa?" 

"A boy can dream now, can't he? Don't shatter his dreams. He'll come around." he said and the girl chortled. 

"Oh, by the way," Soonyoung said, his fingers from the burger he was eating. "Did you read what I wrote in your booklet during the event?" 

Oops, she thought. I totally forgot about that. 

"Uh, it's still here in my bag. I never touched it ever since that day," she meekly answered, and started digging for it in her bag. 

"Well, you should read it. Here. Right now. In front of me." Soonyoung pointed at the table and crossed his arms.

"All right all right, yes boss." She fished out the booklet and turned to the page of Soonyoung, where she started reading aloud. 

"To Eunsol, Hoshi's biggest fan." she started, already laughing. 

"Thanks for coming! Wear warm clothes every time and make it always blue like today to match my hair colour."

She paused and looked up at the idol, raising an eyebrow. "What on earth Soonyoung? And your hair isn't even blue anymore it's br-" 

"Shh! My hair now is supposed to be a surprise! I'm wearing a cap for a reason!" he interrupted. "Now, continue reading, peasant!" he ordered, joking. 

Eunsol glared at the idol, who was trying so hard to keep in his laughter, but continued reading anyway. "Thanks for taking great pictures of me today! xoxo Kwon Hoshi. P.s. You should come more often because Wonwoo lights up alot more with your presence." 

The girl looked up from the booklet. "Was it really necessary to add that last bit, Kwon Hoshi?" 

But the idol simply shrugged. "His mood really did change when he saw you from behind the auditorium. Anyway, shall we get going? I'm starting to receive stares. We can continue at our crib." 

"Uhm, I don't think that's a good idea, Soonyoung oppa." Eunsol whispered back, also noticing the cafe getting more and more crowded, probably because dinner time was approaching.

"Nonsense," he chimed. "Besides, you have these to give right?" The idol held out the three notebooks filled with lesson notes. Weeks worth of lesson notes. Eunsol had originally planned to give it to Wonwoo the day he visited her, but she never got her chance since their quarrel ended pretty ugly. 

"There's a reason of why I passed it to you, Kwon Hoshi." she deadpanned. 

"Since you're already with me, you might as well pass it to him yourself since we're going back the same way," the boy said as if it was no big deal. "Now come on, no wasting time." 

The two left the cafe and headed off to the bus stop, catching the bus and prepared themselves for an hour ride back. The idol preoccupied himself with his music and within five minutes, he was snoozing. Eunsol on the other hand, grew curious at the booklet. She had yet to read the rest of what the members wrote, and she was especially curious for Wonwoo's page. She remembered that he had at least filled in a quarter of the page writing who knows what. The fact that she had forgotten about it made her feel guilty. Who knows what he could've written, which could've prevented the situation they were in now. 

She fished out the booklet once again and flipped to the first page. She was greeted by S.coups' handsome face and read the small note beside his signature.

You look a lot like a radish. A cute radish.

What? She stared at the comment, greatly amused. Was S.coups always this weird? 

She flipped to the next, which was Woozi's and he wrote a cute note about how she treated him more like a friend than an idol. She smiled at his note and flipped to the next. 

Minghao, Jun and Jeonghan wrote about how thankful they were for her presence. Vernon and Seungkwan just thanked her for coming. Dino and Dokyeom included a hella lot of cheesy catchphrases and hearts, Mingyu and Joshua wrote about how she should visit them more often at their dorm. She skipped Soonyoung's one since she had already read that one. She flipped back to Wonwoo's page and noticed that he had almost filled in the whole page. In fact he wrote over half of his face. What was he writing? A diary entry? How did he even write this in a minute? She thought to herself and laughed, stirring the boy beside her almost awake. Oops, she giggled, and started reading his note to her. 

To: My partner in crime, 
Firstly what are you doing here? Secondly... what on earth are you doing here!? i'm so happy to see you after 2 whole months! I'm holding your had as I'm writing this and I am so glad that can't read upside down. Keke. Thanks for coming, really. I really missed you. We'll hang out soon again, I promise. I know I've been busy these past few months. I promise I'll make it up to you. Call me anytime okay?

Love, 
Jeon Wonwoo. 

Eunsol stared at his note with lost eyes. He was so happy, but she ruined it for him. She thought about how bad of a friend she's been. He had always been the one giving in. Why hadn't she realised it sooner? She sighed, feeling guilty and regretful. 

- - -

"We've reached, sweetheart," The boy beside her said groggily. Eunsol got off, followed by the idol and they both walked towards the direction of Seventeen's dorm. "I honestly don't think this is a good idea, Soonyoung," Eunsol scratched her head, taking smaller steps than usual. 

"It isn't to you. It is to me," Soonyoung said as he keyed in the unit number outside the building, waiting for one of the members to appear on the monitor. 

"Who is it?" It was Jeonghan who answered. 

"I'm back with a visitor." The former pulled the girl by the arm to let her fit into the monitor frame. 

"Good evening, Jeonghan," she greeted with a smile. 

Jeonghan greeted back. "You're here for Wonwoo right?" he winked. 

"Uhm, not exac-" she didn't get to finish as Jeonghan hung up and allowed them to enter the building. 

"Don't worry. It'll be a surprise visit. Wonwoo won't know you're here," Soonyoung assured as they entered the lift and he pressed the 3rd level. 

"I hope so," the girl muttered in response. 

 

The doors of the lift opened and they were immediately greeted with the never-ending rows of shoes outside the dorm. It still awed Eunsol even though it wasn't her first time visiting. Soonyoung opened the door with his keys. He entered after taking off his shoes, but paused and turned back. "I'll call him for you." 

Eunsol stared at him, baffled. "What?" 

"WONWOO! YOU HAVE A SPECIAL DELIVERY!" 

Eunsol gawked. Oh my god. How could he do this!? 

"WONWOO HURRY UP IT'S GONNA GET COLD!" The sneaky boy hollered again and smirked at the girl.

"I don't remember ordering anything last week!" She could hear Wonwoo shout back, but footsteps followed after that. 

"Could it be my new... boots." The latter stopped right at the door as he looked at his 'delivery'. Eunsol responded by gazing at his feet and laughed awkwardly. 

"Told you you had a delivery," the dancer said with a smirk and entered the dorm, closing the door behind him and leaving the two outside.

"Actually, I do have your delivery." She held out the notebooks and meekly smiled. She no longer felt any grudge or anger. All she wanted to do now was mend ties with him. 

 

A moment later they were sitting by the staircase, none of them daring to speak. Well, they did want to speak. But it depended on who had more guts. So knowing how stubborn Eunsol could get, Wonwoo heaved a sigh and started. "Look-" 

"I'm sorry." 

The latter stared at the girl in front of him. "What?"

Eunsol pursed her lips. "i was being oblivious and self-centered. All those stuff I raged about that night aren't true. My anger got over me and I was just saying stuff that didn't make any sense." 

Wonwoo softened. "Eunsol-" 

"Hold that mouth I'm not done," the girl glared at him and made a zipping mouth action, making the boy jerk back in surprise. 

"Ok ok, please proceeed madam Hwang," he joked. 

Eunsol sent him a last look before continuing her apology.

"I know being an idol is hard. Which makes being a friend harder. I guess I became selfish after realising that you no longer spend time with me, that you're always away. I'm sorry for suffocating you. I'm sorry." She apologized and said with sincerity.

Wonwoo bit his lip. It felt nice of how she was finally being honest with him. He took her hand and squeezed it, "It's not entirely your fault. I was being a jerk too." 

Eunsol smiled. She had missed this so much. "Of course you were. You slammed my freaking door without saying a goodbye. Stupid." she teased and flicked his forehead, making him gawk at her. 

"Aye! Is this how you treat me right after we finally start talking again after three whole weeks!?" 

"Shouldn't this feel normal?" she asked casually. 

"Yah, I'll punch you, you know?" he threatened. 

"Yeah, you can try all you want," Eunsol challenged, smirking. She was back to her playful self, and Wonwoo couldn't help but give in. Instead he slung an arm around the girl, "Nah.  I'll get beat up by the hyungs instead. I've already received enough from not conf..." He paused, stopping mid-sentence. Oh my gosh, I almost said it. 

The girl looked at him, confused as to why he stopped mid-sentence. "Not what?" 

 

Meanwhile, the rest of the boys were behind the front door trying to eavesdrop on the couple's conversation.

"I can't hear anything!" 

"Oh shut up hyung! You're getting in the way!" 

"You can listen here!" 

"The door is too thick here!" 

"BOTH OF YOU!" Seungcheol half-shouted at both Soonyoung and Dino, making the two shrink back. 

"They're going to find out that we're listening! Keep it down!" he said and pushed himself in between the two lads. 

The rest of the members were also curious as to what was going on at the other side of the door. 

"They've apologised!" Seungcheol announced, making them lean closer to the door. 

"C'mon Wonwoo, just tell her already!" Mingyu silently cheered as he tried to listen to the conversation. Everyone in the dorm stayed awfully silent, everyone trying to catch whatever they could hear. 

"They're talking about jerks and doors, and he's saying..." Seungcheol relayed and waited for the next part. The boys anticipated, but instead the leader jumped in shock when Wonwoo suddenly shouted.

"MINGYU IS THE FOOD READY?!!??!"  

"!" The boys nearest to the doors exclaimed and everyone scrambled back to what they were doing; Soonyoung and Dino sliding back to the front of the TV, Jeonghan and Joshua pretending to read a book on the floor, Vernon and Woozi jumping on to the couch, Jun and Minghao literally running back to their rooms, Mingyu scrambling back to the kitchen, and Dokyeom and Seungkwan hiding behind the doorway. Seungcheol cooly opened the door for the two and casually greeted the girl like nothing happened, though Eunsol did sense the funny atmosphere, even raising an eyebrow at Jeonghan's book which was upside down. Awfully quiet. Weird. 

"Oh hey Eunsol, joining us for dinner?' The leader coolly asked. 

"Oh no, I couldn't-" 

"We have plenty of food! Like abalone!" Dino cutely exclaimed, asking the girl to sit beside him on the floor and immediately teaching her how to play their video game. 

Wonwoo's face turned black upon noticing that his best friend was now in between the two boys. 

A second later he was pushed into the kitchen by Seungcheol, followed by Joshua and Mingyu.

"So did you tell her?" the californian asked eagerly. 

"What? Tell her what?" Wonwoo nervously asked back. 

"Tell her that you like her, idiot!" Mingyu felt he could smack the boy with his ladle any second. 

"Mingyu keep it down!" Seungcheol hushed the named boy and glanced back at the only girl, who was preoccupied with Dino teaching her how to play the game. 

The leader looked back at Wonwoo. "I thought we agreed that you'd tell her your feelings the moment you guys talk again!" 

"I still don't think it's a good idea. What if she'd never want to talk to me ever again!" Wonwoo worriedly stated, causing the three other boys to facepalm. How stupider could this guy get?

"I thought we talked about this. Just tell her how you feel. What you've been feeling. Trust me, she won't avoid you." Joshua told him. 

"Forget it, he'll have to wait until he gets another chance. This place is too jolly," Mingyu groaned. "Jeonghan hyung, Jun, start setting up the eating area!"

Wonwoo glanced back at the girl from the kitchen, who now had the hang of the game and was playing it in high spirits. He softened. I'll just enjoy these moments a little longer before I tell her, he thought to himself as he gripped onto the three notebooks Eunsol made for him.  

 


{a/n} : finally an update after forever! don't worry, this isn't the last (: 

BTW LOVE&LETTER IS CRAZY DID YOU HEAR WONWOO SING IN LOVE LETTER OH MY GOD I DIED. (hint)