Chapter I

I Know What You Did Last Summer

That summer was one he will never forget. Under the hot Jeju sun, love bloomed in the most unexpected ways. The memories were fresh in his mind; the smell of his cologne, the feeling he got when he smiled, and the electricity that shot through his veins any time they touched. All of it was so clear in his mind. He’d never forget what happened that summer.


The man rose from his spot in the chair between the counter when a soft bell chimed meaning a customer had entered.

“Hello.” He greeted with his low voice. Although he couldn’t see the man’s face, something about his aura drew him in automatically. “May I help you find anything? What type of flowers are you looking for?”

“Actually,” The tall man his heel and smiled brightly at cashier, “I’m here to photography these for my blog. Do you mind?” What a strange request. But the man behind the counter hadn’t had much business in the past few hours, so why not accept.

“No, please take as many as you want.” Maybe having someone give his family’s shop a little indirect advertisement would get business going again. Nurseries usually only see business during the spring, but hopefully this blogger’s post would change that. His parents gave him the slow shifts to teach him discipline. Some ‘punishment’.  But this interesting stranger made it those weary hours worth it. Something about the man in walking around amongst the daisies and roses pulled him out of his sleepy state.

“Excuse me, but would you mind if I included you in a few shots?” The older’s head shot up and he looked straight into the eyes of the photographer. “You have a unique feature that I’d love to capture.”

He felt his face getting red hot despite his normally cool personality. No one ever paid him much attention. Labeled the ‘quiet, ice prince’ made most back away and admire him from afar. Everyone did that accept for the beautiful boy in front of him. “I guess I could take a shot at it.” Haha, camera puns.


It seemed like only a mere couple of minutes before the ‘model’ checked the clock that read 14:30. They pair had been shooting for an hour and a half. The photographer had the model do all sorts of different poses with the flowers. Everything from innocent boy to intense lover. He was a natural. Their shoot would’ve gone on longer if not for the ring of the cashier’s phone.

“Hello? Oh hi Yejin. No, I’m just down at the flower shop. You can stop by if you want. Can you get shaved ice please? Pineapple flavored. Alright, see you soon. I love you too. Bye.” Hanging up the phone, he turned to the man and smiled softly. “You can stay if you want more shots.”

“I think I have everything I need. Thanks a lot.” He packed up his bag and started for the door. Just as he was about to open and leave, never to met again, he stopped. “My name is Kim Mingyu by the way. Here’s a card incase you ever want to get in touch.”

He took the piece of paper and studied the words on it. Their fingers simply brushed for a mere second and yet oddly the older’s heart was on fire. “I’m Wonwoo, Jeon Wonwoo. Stop by anytime.” Wonwoo smiled at Mingyu, waved goodbye, and went back behind the counter as soon as he left.

Now, Jeon Wonwoo didn’t believe in love at first sight. But he believed he had just been proven wrong.