First Contact

Rush Hour Crush

 

After grabbing the note and shoving it into his jean pocket, Jimin stepped on to the platform and sped his way through the crowd. So fast he almost forget to flash his travel card at the ticket officer at the gate just before he lunged his way at Taehyung.
 

“YAH WHAT THE HELL?!” Tae coughed out as Jimin half tackled, half grabbed him into a tight bear hug, trying to keep the both of them from falling flat on the ground in the middle of the busy station.

“HE SAW IT!!” Jimin beamed as he let his friend out of the death grip he currently had on him.

“Jimminie you’re stronger than you realise” Tae said, rubbing his aching arms “I’m gonna bruise!”

“Ya whatever! He saw it and look!” He said as he pulled the scrunched up note from his pocket and it towards Tae’s face.

“Wow...I really am that great. You can buy me dinner” Taehyung smiled smugly.

“I’m going to buy it anyway you fool, it’s your birthday after all” Jimin laughed as he took his best friend by the arm and set off towards the restaurant

 

 

“Enjoy your meal!” The waitress smiled, laying down the large pizza on the table in between the boys. Jimin told Tae he could have any meal he wanted for his birthday, and he chose pizza. It worked for Jimin, it was cheap and it would keep him quiet for a while. Or so he thought.

“I’m done hearing you gush over him... are you gonna call him or?” Tae asked as stuffed his face with pizza.

“Don’t speak with your mouth full you weirdo” Jimin teased. “And...I don’t know…”

“Are you kidding me right now?” Tae said after taking a gulp of his Cola.

“N-no?” Jimin replied sheepishly, picking at the slice on his plate.

“So you make me write into a dumb newspaper on your behalf, you endured the embarrassment of being judged by him while he decided whether or not it was you...and now you’re gonna just give up” Tae complained, rolling his eyes dramatically.

“I thought maybe I could just...text him instead…” Jimin muttered before taking a bite of piece of pizza he had been anxiously mauling at.

“Yes” Tae started “That’d be much more mysterious”.

“Except I don’t know what to say…” Jimin sighed. He felt as though he was totally at a loss in the situation, the enthusiasm and adrenalin from the encounter earlier had worn off.  

“Jiminnie you’re not gonna have me there if he wants to meet your anyway you know? You need some confidence!”

“Okay okay...should I text him now?” Jimin questioned. He was worried if it was too soon and whether or not it’d scare him off. He didn’t want to ruin it before he even got confirmation that the blonde was interested.

“Yah wait til we get home, Romeo. We’re out for my birthday remember!” Tae scolded Jimin as he picked up another slice.

After a while they finished up their meal and Taehyung left with cake after Jimin sneaked off to tell the waitress it was his birthday.

 

“Okay so what about.... “ Jimin started. He must have repeated this sentence at least 40 times and Tae had frankly had enough.

“Give me the phone” Tae snapped, snatching the phone right out of Jimin’s hand.

“NO NO NO NO NO” Jimin yelled, trying to wrestle it from him.

“Trust me” Tae smiled devilishly, pushing his friend off the couch.

“Yeah and look where trusting you got me last time!” Jimin scowled at Taehyung from the floor. He crossed his legs and put his head in his hands. They’d both had a drink or two after their dinner date and neither of them were in the right mind to handle this very delicate situation, but hell. You only live once and all that garbage…

After a few moments of hmm’ing and giggling coming from Tae, he threw the phone back at Jimin and got up from the couch.

“Want another drink, darling?” He said, putting on a high pitched voice and sniggering at the boy on the floor.

“Am I going to need it?” Jimin looked up.

“Maaaaaaaaybe~” Tae giggled and danced his way into the kitchen.

 

Jimin sat in silence for a few moments in attempt to compose (or sober) himself before unlocking the phone and seeing what Tae had sent.
 

“It’s cold in Seoul but you looked as sweet and warm like the scent of a cafe latte. Would you like to go for that coffee, Sugar? - Jimin”