Challenging an Angel - Part Two

I'm Here For You

Aom didn’t really think it through, and realized the consequences that could happen when she was already sitting in Mike’s car.

And he was staring at her, actually laughing over her misery with that handsome face of his. She had half a mind to slap him, but that would lead to another consequences.......

“You’re thinking I’ll you, and then you’ll get pregnant, your career will be destroyed, your parents will be disappointed, and your life will be over”

She threw him with her small clutch.

And he laughed harder, “Oh God, you’re hilarious, really! But I guess getting you to agree to enter my car is an achievement already”.

“I hate you” Aom grumbled.

“Did I force you to follow me?”

“No”

“So?”

“Do you want to back off now?”

“No” she answered quickly, but more because she didn’t want to admit she’s afraid rather than she really wanted to go with it.

Mike contemplated for a second. It’s weird, but he really wanted to be with her that night. He really would not let her back out without a fight.

“Look. I’ll promise you one thing”

She turned to him in a “what is it?” look.

“I won’t touch you, unless you asked me to”

“Really?”

“Yup. And one more thing, Baby. I won’t even drink alcohol tonight. I promise you that”

She felt a little flattered with that.

“Ok. Thanks for that”

“Don’t be happy yet, it’s just one of my moves” he said, flashing that megawatt smile. “So, where to?”

“I don’t know. Any ideas?”

“We’re here because we want to play that "I can seduce you – but you won’t get seduced game", right?”

She had to smile at that, “Uh huh”

“So I have several ways of seducing a girl”

“Like what?”

“Playing mildly, playing with more effort, and playing hard. Which one would you like to try?”

She bit her lip.

He wished she wouldn’t do that, it made him wanted to pounce on her right then and there, but he blinked and controlled himself and he was sane again.

“Let’s play hard” Aom said in a decisive tone.

“You can’t be serious”

“I’m dead serious. Why not? We might never be like this again after tonight. You might get back with your ex and I can be in a relationship with anyone after this. We’re both single tonight, and I’ve never done this before. You promised you’ll never touch me –“

“Unless you ask me to” he added.

“And you won’t drink alcohol. What bad things could possibly happen?”

“..........you have no idea what I’m capable of, Young Lady”

“I’m a year older than you” Aom reminded him.

“With zero experience with a guy like me”

“...........that’s true. But I’m serious. I want to try this”

“Fine. Don’t blame later if you jump on me”

“I won’t”

“Ok, you asked for it”

“Ok” Aom mimicked, as he drove out the parking lot of the club. “Where are we going?”

“We. Are going to check in to Sukhotai”

She was horrified.

“Are you scared now, Baby?”

“No. Bring it”

“As you say” he grinned.

He drove steadily, playing slow music on the radio.

On a red light, he noticed how uncomfortable she was in that black dress. The neckline was low, and the length of her dress hiked too high and displayed nearly all of her thighs.

He had turned and gave her that look, and she fully knew it. That long look which he raked his eyes from the top of her head, down to her body, then her legs, as if he was mentally undressing her.

She blushed but tried to put up that brave expression, as if she wasn’t bothered with the way he was checking her out.

He chuckled then took off his jacket, covering her legs with it.

“You’re a really good actress. That “I’m not bothered” look is really believable”

She was touched by the gesture of him giving her his jacket, but she didn’t comment on it.

“But you don’t believe I’m not bothered?”

“I would, if only you didn’t blush”

She bit her lip again.

“You really shouldn’t do that”

“Do what?”

“Biting your lip like that. It’s too y”

She laughed at that.

“I’m not joking”

“Thanks, haha”

They’re quiet for a while until he broke the silence.

“Have you never seen a guy wearing a sleeveless top before? You’ve been determinedly avoiding to look at me for nearly five minutes now”

She’s flustered.

“You know, when you don’t want to lie, you’re silent”

She turned and looked at him again after that.

“There, I get you to look at me again” he said, winking at her.

They already arrived at Sukhotai Hotel, and left the car to the valet.

“Do you want to enter the hotel with me? Or would you like to go the restaurant first, have a drink, then come upstairs?”

“The second choice is better, I think”

“Right. What would people say, seeing Aom Sushar and Mike Pirat entering a hotel together?”

“You really do sound like a professional in this thing”

“Only for the girls who worth it”

She left the car first and went straight to the restaurant as he talked to the valet.

She was halfway through her jasmine tea when his message reached her on Line, telling her the number of the room.

“You don’t really have to do this, Aom” a voice inside her head said.

But I wanted to do this. I wanted to know how it felt like to throw caution to the wind and be a bad girl for a night.

And she left the restaurant and got into the elevator.

******************************************************

It was really an unforgettable night. The room was beautiful and they talked for hours. He was so intoxicating, and she couldn’t help but feeling lucky for the night.

He poured cola into crystal glasses and they pretended it was champagne.

He had never spent a night like that with any other girls before.

Not with someone this beautiful and with the promise of not touching her. He found himself telling her about his childhood and the ridiculous things his ex-girlfriend did.

She told him about the guy she had always liked but never had the courage to tell or show her feelings.

He remembered he felt irrationally jealous to that guy, hating that anonymous person because Aom considered him as someone special but he didn’t even know it.

Why did we never happen until tonight?

They sat on the couch and talked, then on the thick rug, then finally moving to the balcony, until Aom stopped it.

“I admit defeat, Mike. You’re really an irresistible player”

He bowed to her.

“But we need to stop. I’m starting to want more, and I don’t think that can happen. I just moved on from liking someone I’ve felt for for a long time, and I can’t stand playing more of this game with you. So.......I have two requests that I hope you can fulfil”

“..........what is it?”

“I want you to kiss me. Because I’d like to know how it feels like. You said you won’t touch me unless I ask you, right? So here I am asking you for it. I want you to kiss me as if you love me. But after that, I want you to go”

He was instantly paralyzed, his emotion overflowed.

That might be the sweetest thing any girl had ever told him, but also the saddest one.

“Can you do that? Can you kiss me once and then go after that?”

“.........yes. I can. And I will”

She smiled and waited.

He stepped forward, and reached for her.

She’s so small and so slim. Thoughts of breaking her crossed his mind, but he pulled her closer anyway.

He ran his hands on her arms, sliding them up her shoulders then stopping on her cheeks.

It’s the kiss they would always remember for their entire life.

He kissed her as if he had always loved her, caressing her arms and back gently.

And she hugged him then, kissing him back as if she had always meant to, her arms around his neck, her body pressing on him, open for him to explore.

But he was the one who stopped the kiss.

He knew he could kiss her more.

He knew he could make her begged for more.

He knew he could have her that night.

He knew she was at her most vulnerable moment and he knew, if he only asked, she’d say yes.

But he didn’t.

He wanted her to remember him as a good guy after all.

So he slowed their kiss down into pecks on her lips until he completely stopped.

They were hugging each other and their eyes slowly opened.

He kissed her once more, before pulling away.

There were so much they could say, but neither of them did.

And he turned around, walked away, opened the door, and left.

***********************************************

Aom stood at the balcony long after Mike left.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn’t.

They spent only hours together, but it was the most beautiful night she ever had in her life.

Once she could move from the balcony, she texted him two words.

“Thank you”

He replied soon after.

“No, Angel. Thank you”

***********************************************

The next time they met again, it was to shoot Hashima Project.

He had been back with his girlfriend, and she was still single.

The way he looked at her told her that he hadn’t forgotten that meaningful night, and Aom cherished that inside her heart.

And on a silent agreement, they never said another word about that.

**********************************************

Being so close to her yet pretending nothing happened between them was making him crazy. Sometimes he thought he was imagining the way she looked at him, reading something more in her eyes.

He went back with his ex because it’s a habit. They’ve been on and off for so long it felt like an ongoing pattern.

Until one day, when she was being irrational and too much again, he burst out, “Why do you have to be so demanding and suspicious all the time? Why can’t you be calm and easy going like Aom???”

Sarah exploded to a furious tirade, and they broke up that night.

A week later, he got the news that his company accepted Full House Thailand, and Aom was going to be the other leading role.

********************************************

They played their new game. The “we’re only friends” game.

And it was all great. He was happy, she was happy, and he enjoyed everything.

Until Sarah told him she’s four months pregnant.

Life turned to hell since then, because he was afraid his career would be over.

He had worked in the entertainment business since forever, and he didn’t know what else he would do without it.

They had agreed that he would support the child and she would not tell the media about it.

But after their son was born, she went to a talkshow and told everyone that the baby was his.

He expected a lot after that, but not the support that Aom gave.

She had been a solid support, telling him she believed in him and that everything would come out well after all.

They began to talk regularly after that, and not only for work.

She told him about her days and he told her about his troubles.

Until Tubtim had another birthday party.

***********************************************

“It’s funny to be here again, right?” Mike said, sitting beside her in that black couch at the same club.

“It’s like a dejavu” she smiled.

She was wearing a casual dress that night, and so did he.

“So much had happened with our lives” Aom pointed out. “It’s as if we’ve grown a lot in only one year, right?”

“I’m very happy we worked in Full House together. And that we became really good friends”

“I’m happy for that too”

And then it happened.

That moment when someone you’ve fallen for was looking at somewhere else and it hurt you just because it wasn’t you she was seeing.

Who the hell was he fooling? He had fallen in love with her, this Aom, this angel, that very night a year ago, and he was powerless to stop himself anymore.

Instinctively, she turned to him. It shocked her because he had that look on his face. The look of pain, longing and regret, and she asked, “Mike? What’s wrong?”.

“Is there any chance that you’ll play the same game we played last year with me tonight, but without asking me to go away after kissing you?”

She was completely baffled by his sudden confession and could only stare mutedly at him.

“This is the worst place to say this, but I love you. I’ve loved you for a year. You’re always on my mind, and I could never forget that night, no matter how I try. So please—“ he said, pausing to catch a breath before he felt his lungs was shutting, “Can you give me a chance? I swear I’ll learn to be the man who deserves to be with you”

She didn’t answer him.

She only reached for his hand and held it tight.

Mike felt his eyes turned wet and she .

“Hey, is the famous playboy crying?”

“Ex playboy” he corrected.

“It’s ok, you can continue to be a player, as long as it’s only for me”

He laughed and then pulled her hand to bring her out of the VIP room, exactly like he did the previous year.

“So,” he began once she’s inside his car again, “Where to, Baby?”

“Um.....we can just, you know. Rewind what we did that year”

“Without me having to leave after one kiss?”

Her nod was shy and she did it without looking at him.

“But it will be hard for us to enter Sukhotai now. People will notice, and I don’t want to make your name tainted”

“........then we can just go to my apartment”

“.........if this is a joke, I will hate you forever” he warned.

“I’m not joking”

“For real?”

“Yes”

“Are you serious?”

“If you ask once more, I’ll change my mind”

He started to drive that very second.

And she laughed, before kissing his cheek.

As they queued in the long line of cars to leave the building where the club was located, he pulled her close and rained kisses all over her face.

“Damn I love you, and I won’t let you ever regret being with me”

Aom sighed happily and let him hugged her until he had to drive again.

Answering a playboy’s challenge does have its perks, she thought.

Sometimes.

*************************************************

Author’s Note:

Third Update of the day. Aomike is one dangerous virus.

This oneshot has ended and no, there won’t be any continuation. But I will write other stories for sure.

I love you all for reading, commenting and subscribing.

Thank you so much!