Challenging an Angel - Part One

I'm Here For You

Summary: Mike the playboy trying to lure Aom the angel

Author's Note: Challenging an Angel is a oneshot of two parts and has no correlation with my other stories.

Inspired by "Perfect" by One Direction

I might never be your knight in shining armor
I might never be the one you take home to mother
And I might never be the one who brings you flowers
But I can be the one, be the one tonight

When I first saw you
From across the room
I could tell that you were curious (oh, yeah)
Girl, I hope you're sure
What you're looking for
'Cause I'm not good at making promises

But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms
And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do
Then baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you
And if you like midnight driving with the windows down
And if you like going places we can't even pronounce
If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about
Baby, you're perfect
Baby, you're perfect
So let's start right now

I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time

When I first saw you
From across the room
I could tell that you were curious (oh, yeah)
Girl, I hope you're sure
What you're looking for
'Cause I'm not good at making promises

But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms
And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do
baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you
And if you like midnight driving with the windows down
And if you like going places we can't even pronounce
If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about
Baby, you're perfect
Baby, you're perfect
So let's start right now

And if you like cameras flashing every time we go out
(Oh, yeah)
And if you're looking for someone to write your breakup songs about
Baby, I'm perfect
Baby, we're perfect

If you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms
And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do
Baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you
And if you like midnight driving with the windows down
And if you like going places we can't even pronounce
If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about
Baby, you're perfect
Baby, you're perfect
So let's start right now

******************************************************

Aom never thought she’s made for “a party in da club” like this, but it’s Tubtim’s birthday, and she made the exception that night. The party was in one of the most exclusive night club in Bangkok. Tubtim rented a huge VIP room with crystal chandeliers everywhere, black leather couches, waiters, a special DJ, and anything everyone could ever want from a private birthday party.

Aung, her sister who always insisted she had a bad fashion sense, had pushed her to wear “something y for a change”, and in a random adventurous spirit, Aom had agreed to buy that little black dress from Dior.

It was past midnight and the room was full with Thailand’s most famous actors, actresses and singers. Some were dancing, some were making out, and some were chilling and just merely chatting. Tubtim had blew her candles on a cake at exactly midnight, and she’s then dancing wildly on top of the counter, stilettos off and hair everywhere, as their other friends screamed, “We love you Tubtimmmmm!!!”.

Aom had hugged her earlier, before steering clear out of the hysteria, and found a seat on one of the couches, her pretty drink in hand, barely touched, as she looked around the room.

She hasn’t stayed two hours yet at the party, but she had an increasing wish to go home, already looking forward to cool off and rest at her apartment, since she didn’t have a schedule for the next three days.

And then he appeared.

She had seen him before, but they didn’t talk or said hi, so she forgot he was there.

She and Mike D’Angelo knew each other. They had the same circle of friends and spoke briefly on many occasions for years, but they had never been friends, merely acquaintances.

He was dancing on the floor with one of the prettiest girl around, and Aom looked at him thoughtfully.

Is he the perfect example of the It Boy? Those kinds of guys that seemed to be liked by everybody, had friends high and low and always became the soul of the party?

She had always been a shy person, although very open with her close friends and family. Secretly, she always had this envyness towards those kinds of people. They who seemed to catch attention wherever they were. Those who got spotlight effortlessly.

She had always wanted to be a person like that, but she’s not. Even then, when she’s already famous as an actress, in her real life, she’s always like that. Sweet and lovely, but never that crazy appealing.

What a lucky guy. I wish I knew how to be so effortlessly attractive.

**********************************************

Mike liked parties with his friends. He loved having a good time, with lots of laughter and mischief in between. Tubtim had been a good friend for a while, and he’s happy to have the time to attend her birthday party. It’s nice to see old friends.

When one of his favourite songs was playing, he pulled a girl to the floor and danced with her. She’s a friend too, and she could dance well.

But his attention was caught by one girl in black who was looking at him from the black leather couch.

She’s not staring at him in a lustful look, like he knew all the other girls were staring at him right at that second. But she was staring at him thoughtfully, as if he reminded her of someone else. And he was intrigued. He’d pay to know what that girl was thinking.

Aom had been around for a while. They had the same circle of friends and he often chatted with her, asking how she was doing and all that. She’s nice and sweet. But she’s never his kind of girl.....

At least until that moment.

She looked so inviting in that black dress and red lipstick, especially sitting alone like that.

But she wasn’t really looking at him. She’s looking at him but thinking of something else, or someone else......

He smiled at her, and she blinked. Her smile was a reflex. A polite smile she’d throw to anyone, and then she looked away and drank her drink.

That’s it.

She’s his prey for the night.

*********************************************

“Why are you looking so gloomy on a party like this?”

Aom was surprised when Mike approached her and sat beside her on the couch.

“You look lost, Aom, and that’s not good. You make an easy prey for bad guys”

She chuckled, “And are you one of the nice guys who tell girls to be careful on a party like this?”

“I can be bad or nice, it’s up to you” he grinned.

“Hi, Mike. How are you?” she asked conversationally. It's super standard but she genuinely wanted to know.

“Hi. I’m doing great”

“Is solo career nicer than being in a duet group?”

“It has its positive and negative sides, but I’m enjoying it”

“That’s good”

“And you? How are you Aom? Your latest drama seemed to make people cry a lot, and love you more”

“I’m ok. Currently choosing what work I’ll do next”

“Let’s not talk about work. Let’s dance. I’m going to force you to dance”

“What?” Aom laughed, “No, thanks. I’m a bad dancer. I don’t want to embarrass myself”

“Dancing at a club doesn’t need expertise, Aom. Come on. You’re wearing this y black dress and heels, you need to go to the floor and show yourself off”

“No, thanks. You go back, you’re so natural there”

“You should never tell me I’m a natural” he said in a mocked stern tone.

“But it’s a praise, Mike”

“Why do you never flirt with me? Everybody else does” his tone was accusatory.

“You don’t need one more. You have tons of girls flirting with you already”

“But the only one who doesn’t make guys like me the most curious”

“Really? What kind of guy are you?”

“The scariest type of player. You should stay away from me”

“Is this move of reversed psychology usually works out?”

Mike chuckled.

“Yeah. Girls get more attracted when you say “don’t””

“I see”

“What about you, Aom? What ticks you?”

She thought of what to answer and he stared at her.

“You’re seriously thinking of what to answer, don’t you?”

“Yes” she laughed. “Why can’t I answer that?”

“I don’t know. I’m the one asking here. What kind of guy is your guy?”

“........A guy who can make me talk a lot. A guy who treats me like a best friend”

He intended to , but in the end he really enjoyed the conversation. It’s so goddamn intriguing and she’s so pretty.

“Can I be that guy tonight?”

She raised her eyebrow.

“Tonight?”

Half joking and half serious, he followed her jaw line with the tip of his thumb.

“You’re such a good girl. Have you ever wanted to be a bad girl for a night?”

Her breath was caught in .

“Let’s play together tonight.......” he said in his best charmer voice, “Let’s play the boyfriend-girlfriend game tonight. You and me......together.........”

He’s so close and she could smell his perfume. He smelled like citrus and looked devilishly handsome.

“Is there no other girls who could play with you tonight?”                                              

She had this adorable voice that made you wanted to reach out and touch, and he realized he’s starting something dangerous there.

“There are plenty, but I want to play with you tonight”

“You have a girlfriend” Aom warned gently, “I know that for sure”

“We broke up”

“Aren’t you two the type who often get back together? If you play with me tonight, you might have trouble in the future with her.........”

“We might never get back together”

Aom considered whether she could trust him or not.

“Let’s go somewhere. Drive around the city. Eat pizza. Watch a midnight movie. Anything you want”

“Anything I want?”

“Yeah, unless........you’re afraid you’ll really like me”

“Unless I’m afraid?”

“Yes. Unless you’re afraid you won’t want only one night with me......” he said, running one finger down her spaghetti strap.

She lifted her chin, “I won’t”.

“Yeah? Don’t bet on it”

“I really won’t”

“Prove it, if you’re so sure”

“Fine. Let’s do it”

Ah, he thought. So this is how to make her fired up. Tell her she couldn’t do something. Challenge her. Make her angry. She’d want to prove otherwise.

“You might beg for me in the end, Aom.......” he challenged, looking down at her, seeing her eyes changed to mild anger.

“I won’t”

“Then let’s go?”

“Fine”

He got up and pulled her out of the room.

**************************************************

Author's Note:

1. One, because I'm addicted to this song by One Direction and I've been wanting to write an Aomike fic based on this for days. 

2. Because Mike the Playboy would be so y, I'm sure

3. Because I'm crazily addicted to this couple and I can't stop myself

4. Because it's Sundayyyyyyyyyyyyy, Sunday is Writing Day