It Will Always Be You

I'm Here For You

1.Sweet Escape

“We went to Pattaya in January, Myanmar and Huahin in February, Seoul in March.......” Aom counted with her fingers.

“We’ll go to that villa in China on April........” Mike reminded.

“Where shall we go on May?”

“No idea yet. Where do you want to go?”

“Hem.......Bali? Everyone says it’s really beautiful”

“Sounds great. I’ll ask my manager to book a place for us”

Aom nodded happily, opening her schedule for May and comparing it with Mike, seeking for a convenient date for their private holiday.

It’s one of Aom’s favourite activity, planning their secret getaway. When there seemed to be haters out there who didn’t want them to be together for completely delusional reasons, she and Mike often spent their private time together. No one needed to know how happy they were during those sweet moments.

Those were the days when she charged her energy for the next month, and so did he.

****************************************************

2.Not This Time

They were fighting and he’s been avoiding contact with her for weeks. If not for his family, he would be spending the entire March in a foul mood. Well – he did, but thanks to Golf, Ying and his mother, it wasn’t worse.

He was stressed and hurt.

His family was worried.

Their friends were frustrated, asking, “Why are you and Aom always so stubborn like this?”

“I want her to be the one who ask my forgiveness this time” he answered, gritting his teeth. It’s always me who said sorry in the past, even if it’s not my fault. She’s the one who’s being too emotional and jealous this time”

Aom didn’t like to back down, though. He knew that. He knew she was waiting for him to talk to her, to come to her, to beg for her, but he didn’t want to. Not this time. Not when the problem was started by her in the first place like this.

She posted pictures of her looking sleep-deprived and pale on her Instagram, even pictures of her with swollen eyes like she just cried for hours the night before.

He chose to ignore her, though he knew what she wanted. His attention.

Finally, it was P’Aum, their mother hen and caring best friend, who made them talked again. She gave them an option they couldn’t refuse.

“Come to me and Aom to Seoul, Korea” P’Aum asked in her apartment, when Mike visited. He was expecting to get a lecture from her. Instead of a long scolding, she said that.

“What for?”

“Attending Seoul Fashion Week. With Aom”

He went speechless for a while. They hadn’t seen each other for weeks and the mention of her name already made his heart flipped in pain.

“She wouldn’t agree”

“Whether she agrees or not is not your problem, but mine. I’ll convince her. But you must agree first”

“Wait. I’ll check my schedule”

Jang Joob confirmed that on March 22 – 25, he had empty schedules.

“See? Just go with me and Aom. Seoul’s weather is cold and nice now. Maybe you and Aom can finally be alright again too”

“..........ok”

“Promise?”

He nodded.

A few days later, he found out that Aom stayed a night in P’Aum’s apartment.

In the morning of the next day, he read P’Aum text: Aom agreed to go to Seoul together with you and me. Let my staff book your tickets, ok? I’ll get in touch with your managers.

An hour later, P’Aum texted again: Aom wanted to leave Seoul on March 26, unlike you, on 25. What should I do?

It didn’t take long to reply that.

“I’ll ask for a flight reschedule to 26” he replied.

“But what about your flight to Taiwan?”

“I’ll talk to the production team and ask for a reschedule”

P’ Aum gave a big smile sticker.

Fifteen minutes later, Aom called him.

It’s been weeks since he picked up her call. Usually it’s him who called her when they’re fighting, and it’s Aom who avoided to take it, but he had turned the table around between them.

Should I continue to ignore her?

He knew, ignoring her longer would break her.

He already agreed to go to Seoul with her anyway. She knew he wanted to meet him too.

He clicked his screen and accepted the call.

He said nothing, and she said nothing.

It was her who finally broke the silence.

“I thought you’re never going to take my call” she said.

“I thought so too”

“Are we going to Seoul together?”

“Yup”

“When will you stop being angry at me?”

“........when you arrive here at my place. Tonight”

He waited, and she contemplated, and he waited some more, and she finally answered, “I’ll be there in an hour”.

************************************************

She was pale when he opened his front door, but went automatically into his arm, throwing her bag to the floor and burying her face on his chest.

“That was a long fight” he stated.

“Too long”

“You started it” he pointed in a bitter, accusatory tone.

“I know. And you ignored me for weeks. And looking fine without me”

He laughed bitterly, his hands grabbing at the fabric of her dress at the back, “You have no idea”

“I’m sorry.......”

“You have a lot to be sorry for. For being too emotional and for trying to make me angry and jealous. But most of all, for making us lose the chance to be together for more than a month”

Aom buried her face on his chest and he knew she was already beginning to sob.

They hugged for a long time there behind the front door of his apartment.

Everything fell to the right place once more.

**************************************************

3.Goodnight, Baby

After her shooting was done, Aom checked her phone. Mike was in Guangzhou and after the sweet escape they had in Seoul, she missed him terribly. She tried to avoid reading posts from her rude fans and see his updates from the award show. She’s so proud because he won an award, and posted a cute picture of her and saying “Goodnight, Baby”.

Mike had the habit of calling her “Baby” and she used that word to tell him she missed him too. He was also in a good mood that day, already liking some of her pics posted by fans.

Once Mike got home from the award’s after party, he saw Aom’s Instagram update and immediately called.

“Hi Baby, missing me already?”

Aom shut her eyes as she absorbed the feeling of listening to his voice again, but as usual, she played cold.

“Nope. Not really”

Mike chuckled, “Still playing it cool? Ok, I’ll hang up now, bye!”

“Wait, wait!” Aom yelled.

“Hm?”

“I miss you” she said quickly, embarrassment made her cheeks got red, although no one was looking.

“There you go” Mike smiled where he was at, “How much do you miss me?”

“A lot”

“Wow. For an Aom Sushar to say that to me first shows how far we’ve got”

“I know, right? I hate how you turned me into a cheesy girl!”

“You said you miss me a lot?”

“Uh huh”

“I miss you 100 times more”

She giggled and he laughed, and they changed their calling method into video call.

*******************************************

4.Sweets for The Sweeties

It was their last day in Seoul and Mike said, “I want to buy strawberries. I heard it’s really sweet here. I want to buy a lot and give to people back home also”.

“Okay” Aom agreed, “I think we can drop by to buy those before we go to the airport”

“Have you heard, Sushar?”

“Of what?”

“That Korea’s strawberries are very sweet. They say they’re sweeter than a lover’s kiss”

It’s their old game. He would say seductive things to make her flustered, and she would pretend she wasn’t affected. If she flustered, he’d win, and if she didn’t he’d lose.

He was looking at her with that naughty face, and at every second, he expected she would blush and giggle.

But he’s destined to lose this time.

Instead  of blushing, Aom only raised her eyebrow, “Really? Sweeter than my kisses last night?”

It’s a comeback Mike never thought she’d ever say, and he went blank for a second before throwing his head back and laughing out loud.

“Are you crazy? Why did you say that?”

“Because I’m sure I’m right”

He laughed again, making P’Aum and their friends who were walking towards them curious.

“Ahahahah. Right. Your kisses are damn sweeter than stupid strawberries!”

“It’s time to be nice and stop talking about kisses” Aom said, smiling to their friends.

“Good morning, you two. Excited, I see, already waiting for us at the lobby”

“Yup. We’re ready to go. We’ll walk and shop around before heading to the airport, right?”

“Right. Any special stores you want to visit?” P’Aum asked.

“Mike wants strawberries” Aom informed, and Mike burst laughing again.

P’Aum looked at Mike with a confused look and Aom held her hand, walking out of their hotel.

“Don’t mind him, he’s just being crazy as usual”

“Strawberries? I think there’s a fruit stall near here”

“Um hum. We need to buy a lot. Mike likes sweet things”

Mike laughed again hearing that, and P’Aum finally asked, “What is it?”

“Nothing”

“Aom is right. I like sweet things. Like sweet ki—“

Aom kicked his leg before he had a chance to finish and pulled P’Aum to run with her.

“Hey! Sushar! Get back here!”

“Can’t. Gotta buy your strawberries. Sweeter than a lover’s kiss, remember?”

Mike chuckled again and decided to let the kicking slide. Beside, she wasn’t seriously doing it. It didn’t hurt at all.

The day was bright and the weather was cold but nice.

Their last day in Seoul seemed to be fun as well.

****************************************

5.Pyjama’s Party

Mrs. Tuk Tuk, Mike’s mother, was blessed with many things. A husband who doted on her, gorgeous sons and a beautiful daughter, and a specialty that was unmistakably hers. Whenever she asked for something, she would get it. People would bend and obey, listening to her whims and wishes.

Maybe it’s because she’s pretty, or because she’s so nice.

So, on one quiet afternoon, she called this certain girl.

“Hello, Aom. Am I disturbing you?”

“Hello Ma, good afternoon. No, you’re not. I’m on a break today”

“You’re on a break? Really? What a happy coincidence! For how long?”

“Three days, Ma”

“You see, Aom. I’m feeling very lonely. All my children are very busy this month. Mike in China, Golf is serving Buddha as His monk, Ying is going abroad with her friends, and the older boys are busy with their work. There’s only me and my husband in the house, but even he is very busy this week with his company. Can you come and accompany me for dinner tonight? I’ve missed you. It’s been a while since you visited me too”

Mrs. Tuk Tuk had this irresistible, pleading tone that no one could refuse, really. It’s soft and gentle and would make anyone’s heart melt.

And Aom was definitely not immune to this lady’s trademark charm.

“Alright, Ma. I will come tonight. Is 7 pm ok for you?”

“7 pm is perfect. And while we’re at it, how about if you just stay the night?”

Aom agreed easily again.

“Oh and Aom?”

“Yes?”

“Do you have that Finale Wedding Magazine with you and Mike as the cover? I’ve been wanting to buy it but wherever I go, it’s sold out. Mike has one but he won’t be home for a while. If you have it, can you give it to me?”

“I’ll bring the magazine tonight, Ma”

“What a dear girl! I’ll cook your favourite meals. Can’t wait to see you!”

“Me too, Ma!”

**********************************************

Lying down in bed with Mike’s mother, Aom was caught in admiring her. It also never ceased to amaze her how she and Mike had very similar personalities. They’re both so warm and open to everyone, so eager to reach out. Effortlessly becoming the centre of attention wherever they went........and had this ability in making themselves missed by many who knew them when they’re not around........

They already finished dinner, which was delicious and cooked by the madam of the house herself, had chatted together over a glass of wine afterwards, and then they were in bed, ready for a midnight heart to heart session, or simply just to fall asleep.

Even then, Aom was a bit envious toward the older lady.

She was wearing a long night gown. She was already in her early fifties, but she looked only a few years older than her. She’s still very beautiful and y. Aom sometimes wished she could be just as voluptuous.

Meanwhile, she was wearing her cute pyjama. She felt like an 8 year old beside the hot Mama.

Despite the sudden pang of envy, she enjoyed their night so far. It’s not their first pyjama party. She had spent several nights with Mike’s mother before, sometimes with Ying too, gossiping about Mike and the entertainment world nearly into dawn.

But that night, his mother was quiet, the Finale Wedding Magazine in hand, her eyes feasting over the glossy magazine featuring Mike and her, wearing wedding gowns and suits, as if having their own pre-wedding pictorial.

Mrs. Tuk Tuk had turned from ohhh and ahhh, to “So gorgeous!”, “Look so good together”, and finally to dreamy sighs.

Now, Aom had an exhausting week, and without a conversation going on, she started to feel drowsy.

“Does 2020 sound like a good year to you?”

Something in Mrs. Tuk Tuk’s voice made Aom instantly woke up and alert again.

“What did you say, Ma?”

“Does 2020 sound good to you?” Mrs. Tuk Tuk repeated.

“For what, Ma?”

For a second, an impatient look passed on the older woman’s beautiful face.

“The wedding, of course”

“The wedding?” Aom repeated, blinking like she couldn’t believe her ears.

“Yes. You and Mike. 2020. On 19 December. That will be the best birthday in his life”

Aom was stunned.

Then she looked at the magazine his mother was holding, still opened on the page where they were happily looking into each other’s eyes.

She opened then closed it again. Lost for words.

“Mike can propose to you in a pretty way later on. Our family could propose for you in a more glamorous way. But I’m proposing for you to be my daughter in-law right here, right now, Dear. Are you going to refuse me?”

“No” Aom blurted out before she even had time to properly thought about it.

Mrs. Tuk Tuk grinned.

“So, is that a yes?”

Aom wondered why she didn’t ask more time to think, or whether she should get up and placed a phone call to Taiwan first. But it didn’t occur to her. The only thing that made sense was to say that one and only word:

“Yes”

“This is amazing!” Mrs. Tuk Tuk said excitedly. With the lightness of a teenager, she sprang up from the bed and took her phone. “I’m going to call Mike!”

“Wait, but –“

“Wait what, Dear? Are you going to take back your word?” she asked sternly, the only time Aom had experienced Mrs. Tuk Tuk being stern with her.

And of course, the only possible way was to say, “No”.

“Good”

Mrs. Tuk Tuk dialled his son’s number.

Of course he picked up.

“Mike, it’s going to be on 19 December 2020”

“Huh? You’re planning my birthday party four years early?”

“Yup. I’ll tell you the details later. I have it all ready in my mind, but of course your preferences and her would be the priority”

“What? What details?”

“Later. I forgot to hug Aom”

“Aom? Are you with Aom, Mom?”

Mrs. Tuk Tuk hung up then ran to hug Aom, who dazedly accepted her hug, still unable to process what was happening.

Meanwhile, the lady’s phone screen had “Mike calling” written constantly.

Couples could fight and made up, but in the end they wouldn’t be able to compete with resourceful mothers :3

**************************************

Author’s Note:

Dear All,

This is a gift for those who have been waiting on the update of Beautiful Disaster.

I’m sorry for neglecting that fic of mine. I’m having a Song2 Couple fever lately – from Descendants of The Sun, and my mind is so full of them.

But this evening I got inspired by a fanmade video of Aomike. It’s very touching and got me inspired.

I began writing these drabbles in March, but then got carried away with DOTS. I guess I’m also tired with “her drama” and “the neighbours’ constant idiocy”, so I had to take a break.

However, glad to know after that FMV, Aomike already has a place in my heart.

I will TRY to update BD on May.

Thank you for reading my fics. Sorry for waiting so long. Have a great May ahead, everyone!