I'll Protect You

I'm Here For You

OST: This I Promise You by 'N Sync

Oh, oh
When the visions around you
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surrounds you
Are secrets and lies
I'll be your strength
I'll give you hope
Keeping your faith when it's gone
The one you should call
Was standing there all along

And I will take you in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Til' the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

I've loved you forever
In lifetimes before
And I promise you never
Will you hurt anymore
I give you my word
I give you my heart
This is a battle we've won
And with this vow
Forever has now begun

Just close your eyes (close your eyes)each loving day (each loving day)
And know this feeling won't go away (no)
Til' the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

Over and over I thought
When I hear you call
Without you in my life, baby
I just wouldn't be living at all

And I will take you in my arms (I will take you in my arms)
And hold you right where you belong (right where you belong)
Til' the day my life is through
This I promise you, babe

Just close your eyes each loving day (each loving day)
And know this feeling won't go away (no)
Every word I say is true
This I promise you

Every word I say is true
This I promise you
Ooh, I promise you

 

****************************************************************************

Gone were the days when he used to touch her hair or held her all the time in public. He used to show how in love he was to the world, not caring about all the damned people who’d see, whether they’d love him or hate him.

Aom used to be fine with it, even leaning more to him whenever they’re on close proximity.

But it all changed for some reasons.

His solitude as a monk for nearly two weeks made him see clearer.

He actually realized he should reduce the public display of affection, because there were people who were disgusted with it, but he wanted to show the world that Aom was his, and he was hers, and nobody else could mess with that.

However, some people saw him very negatively about that, and somehow touching her in public suddenly feel like he’s not treating her well enough, or worse, not protecting her enough.

It was even more solidified by Aom’s own request, one peaceful afternoon when he was at her apartment.

They were on her bed, and he was falling asleep and waking up over and over again.

“I sleep better when I’m with you” he told her when they just started their relationship.

“I know. You really sleep better when you’re with me. As in, seriously sleeping. I don’t know I should see it as a compliment or an insult”

He laughed then.

“It’s a compliment, of course. I work myself crazy because the times when I’m alone at night with all my worries are the scariest times. I hate thinking too much of the bad things that could happen when I’m actually only trying to sleep”

Aom smiled sadly at him and reached for his hand.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“No. Not now. Not today, when we can be together. Besides, you know all about them, so it’s just wasting my breath telling you all over again”

That noon though, Aom was the one who exclaimed, “If you really care for me, you need to stop touching me in public”.

That effectively woke him up. It was a week after his ordination was finished, and he was actually going to talk about it too, but she started it first. And she sounded worried sick, making him wanted to argue with her.

“Why?”

“Because some people are calling you a crazy ert for it”

“..........why do I need to care about that?”

“Maybe you don’t, Mike. But I do”

“Which people?”

“My fans with Tina. They don’t always speak in English, but when they do, they often call you ugly names. Please stop giving them reasons for that”

“Even if I behave like a saint, they’ll find faults of me anyway”

“At least I want to know that we’ve tried. That I’ve warned you for the better”

He’s silent and Aom knew he’s getting angry. Not to her, but to those people who keep judging him 24/7.

“You’re not the only want who want to protect me, Mike” she said softly. “I want to protect you too”.

Aom is like this, really. She often doesn’t seem like she cares a lot, but with a few words, she could always flip his world upside down, make his stomach churn, and even brought tears to his eyes.

She lied beside him and his hands automatically circled around her.

“Are you going to listen to me?”

He sighed heavily then scooted lower to be able to bury his face on her long hair.

“Alright, Sushar. No more touching you in front of others”

“Promise me”

“I promise”

“Good boy” she praised, hugging him back.

“God. You erase all my exhaustion” he mumbled, his voice muffled with her hair. “What are you? A charger?”

Aom laughed at that.

“I’ll be anything you want, as long as you don’t hurt yourself for me”

“Don’t say too much sweet things. We’re not shooting a drama”

“.........you make my life sweeter than dramas, Mike”

He pulled away and held himself above her, asking suspiciously, “Why are you so sweet today? This is starting to get suspicious. Are you breaking up with me?”

“I’m not!!!”

“Then why are you like this?”

“I just read too much hatred about you. I hate that”

“Are you sure there’s nothing more?”

“No”

“Good” he said in relief, moving away to lie beside her again.

It’s her turn to move closer and snuggled beside him.

“No more touching, but only in public right?”

“Em hem”

“But when we’re alone..........” he hinted teasingly at her.

“When we’re alone........I don’t mind kissing you first” she answered instantly, putting her lips on him after saying that, loving how he was smiling within the kiss, his arms pulling her closer.

*****************************************************

Author’s Note:

My Sunday – waking up – fic suddenly became so cheesy, hahahah. I’m actually not sure how this ended up so cheesy. I guess I can blame it on Aomike Day today.

I hope you like this.

PS: My Twitter: @vanillasoul257