003

Pretentious

Seungcheol needed the caffeine, okay.

It has been a week since meeting Jeonghan who is suppose to make Jihoon come crawling back to him. It has been a week since Jisoo went to the States due to his mom’s request. It has also been week since Jihoon called it off and Seungcheol is nowhere near moving on. It took a lot of physical effort (and a couple of cut lips and bruises) on the part of Mingyu and Wonwoo to keep him from going to Jihoon’s place and begging for him to come back. Mingyu kept telling him that he should to the plan where he would hurt less.

Little did Seungcheol know that he was walking towards more pain.

Seungheol reached the coffee shop near his apartment and went to the counter to order his usual cup of macchiato. When he went on his usual spot in the café, he saw a familiar figure quietly sitting on the couch and sipping on what seemed like tea. It was Jeonghan.

Seungcheol approached Jeonghan and yanked the earphones out of the other’s ear.
“Ya! What the hell are---“ Jeonghan shouted and whipped his head towards the guy who took off his earphones. “Seungcheol?! What are you doing here?”

“I should be the one asking you that. Why are you sitting on my seat? Who gave you the permission?” Seungcheol asked.

“Is your name written here somewhere? Because I didn’t see anything of the sort. So please, get your childish out of my sight, I’m trying to get some peace here.” Jeonghan replied, rolling his eyes.

“Aish, this person!” Seungcheol growled and turned to find another seat when he saw the door open.

Seungcheol’s world stopped. The door revealed a small statured boy with pink hair complimenting his fairy-like face.

It was Jihoon.

 Seungcheol didn’t know what to do. He hurriedly looked for places to hide and decided to sit next to Jeonghan on the couch.

“Ya! What are you doi—“ Jeonghan shouted as Seungcheol clamped his hand over the former’s mouth.

“Shhhh! Jihoon is here! Let me stay here with you and let’s start your mission!” Seungcheol growled while keeping his head low as Jihoon walked towards the counter.

“What? So now you’re agreeing to the plan?!” Jeonghan said.

“It’s not like I have a choice. This is the best thing next to begging and besides, I already talked to Jisoo before he went overseas and he said he’s cool with it because he trusts you.” Seungcheol said and recalled his conversation with Jisoo the day the latter left for the States.

Seungcheol is still unsure about using Jisoo’s boyfriend to make Jihoon jealous. Sure, he IS desperate but still he valued friendships. Besides, he also heard the Jisoo is going to the States as per his mom’s request and having to pretend that he is in a relationship with his boyfriend is a 100% betrayal of ‘bro laws’.

He decided to call Jisoo and personally ask him. After 2 rings, Jisoo answered the call.

“Yoboseyo(Hello?)” Jisoo asked.

“Ya! It’s Seungcheol.” Seungcheol said.

“Mmm.What’s the matter? Need a drinking buddy?” Jisoo joked.

“Drinking buddy? You? I’d rather invite Seungkwan. Everybody knows you don’t drink. If I ever bring you to a bar, you’d probably get an orange juice.” Seungcheol joked.

“Caught me. So, why the call?” Jisoo said.

“I…Uh..I wanted to ask you if…” Seungcheol started.

“if? If what?” Jisoo said.

“If you..uh…uh..are really okay with you know.. Jeonghan and I…while you’re away…” Seungcheol said.

Seungcheol could almost see Jisoo smile at the other side.

“Of course. If it is to help you, my dear friend. And besides, it’s only temporary.” Jisoo said.

“Yeah. Thank you Jisoo. Really.” Seungcheol sighed.

“No problem. Besides, I trust you both. Just don’t break my trust.” Jisoo said.

“Yeah. Of course, man. Have a safe flight.” Seungcheol said.

“Yeah. Oh, and Seungcheol…” Jisoo said.

“Yep?”


“…take care of my angel.” Jisoo said and ended the call.


“…that’s why Yoon Jeonghan, from now on, whether you like it or not, you’ll help me win Jihoon back.” Seungcheol whispered to Jeonghan as he adjusted himself beside the long-haired male. Jeonghan just sighed and scooted a little to the side.

Seungcheol looked around and was surprised to see that Jihoon took a seat just 3 tables behind them. Seungcheol draped his arm towards Jeonghan but Jeonghan slapped the arm away, Seungcheol whined.

“Put your arm away!” Jeonghan scolded.

“What kind of lovers have like a meter between them?!” Seungcheol protested.

“Whatever. Just keep a little distance, I don’t want any of your germs getting on me.” Jeonghan said.

“Excuse me?! Please be glad that you are now smelling my irresistible perfume. Psh. Just be quiet so that we may escape this without having to see—“ Seungcheol was interrupted when,

Choi Seungcheol-nim!!! One cup of macchiato!”

,the woman at the counter shouted.

Seungcheol closed his eyes in disbelief, now he obviously has to see Jihoon because now Jihoon realizes that he is indeed inside the coffee shop. So long for not meeting his ex, now he has to test Jeonghan’s acting skill as well.

“Put your head on my shoulder!” Seungcheol ordered Jeonghan.

“What? Why?!” Jeonghan asked.

“Just FREAKIN do it!” Seungcheol ordered. Jeonghan shrugged for the unknown time today and did as he is told. Seungcheol then put his arm around Jeonghan and plastered a smile on his face as he raised his hand to inform the waitress of his seat.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan seems to have grown a garden on his stomach as he felt the butterflies fluttering inside his stomach.

What are you doing Yoon Jeonghan? Why are you getting flustered? Right! I’m just nervous. I have nothing to worry about, let’s just do this. Jeonghan thought as he flashed a smile.

 

Seungcheol, on the other hand, is getting the jitters as he saw Jihoon walking towards him. Wearing those stylish pants and a polo with his gorgeous Outlands, Jihoon is like a model.

And Seungcheol loved that.

“Seungcheol?” Jihoon asked, surprised. Seungcheol’s heart jerked a step.

“Yeah?” Seungcheol looked at Jihoon.

“Knew I’d find you here. This is your favorite coffee shop.” Jihoon said,smiling.

“I---“ Seungcheol started.

“Wow. I love the tea here babe.” Jeonghan suddenly said, earning a subtle gasp from Seungcheol and an arched eyebrow from Jihoon.

“Well, Seungcheol. Why don’t you introduce me to your new friend.” Jihoon said, emphasizing on the word friend.

“Yes of course. This is--“ Seungcheol said.

“I’m Jeonghan, Seungcheol’s boyfriend. Nice to meet you.” Jeonghan smiled, the ends of his lips not quite quirking up.

“Boyfriend?”Jihoon asked, looking at Seungcheol.

Seungcheol was still blanked out and an elbow hit on the side from Jeonghan woke up his senses.

“Yeah! Jihoon, meet Jeonghan. He is my boyfriend. And, babe, meet Jihoon, my friend.” Seungcheol stuttered, quietly shuddering at the endearment.

“Hi. I’m Jihoon, Seungcheol’s friend.” Jihoon said, sticking his hand out for Jeonghan and at the same time, eyeing Jeonghan from head to toe.

Jeonghan grew uncomfortable with the stares but accepted the hand. They shook hands.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yoon Jeonghan.” Jeonghan said.

Jihoon smiled and turned to Seungcheol. “You know what? Nana-noona is having her ballet show on the next weekend. Why don’t you bring Jeonghan along? I’m sure noona will be thrilled to meet him.”

“Sure! We’ll be there!” Seungcheol agreed, not noticing Jeonghan’s silent complains from the side.

“Then, I’ll be going. My coffee is turning cold. You know I hate cold coffee, right?” Jihoon asked.

“Really now? I thought you liked it hot?” Seungcheol smirked.

“Well…” Jihoon smiled and turned his back. Before completely leaving the two, he turned and said to Jeonghan, “You might want to wear a suit or a polo, I’m not sure if casual is appropriate for the event.” Jihoon remarked at Jeonghan’s sweats and faded university hoodie. He cocked a grin at Jeonghan and left the coffee shop.

Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan’s attire and stifled a laugh.

 

 

 

“Bastard.” Jeonghan said.

 

 

-----------------

A/N: Here goes the third chapter!~ I hope you guys enjoy this story~ Thank you to all the subs~ And please do keep your comments coming~ also you might have seen a prior update which has no spaces. It's just that I was updating this from my phone and it gets complicated if I post it from there so I had to switch to my laptop. Blahblah. 

By the way, I have a debate coming up on tuesday and i am really nervous! What should I do to relieve the jitters? I remember shaking the whole time when I had my first debate a few years back. Thanks a lot <3

Loves, cdotjhn <3