Tension

Going Into the Unknown
Please log in to read the full chapter

[HOSPITAL LOBBY]

“I wish everyone would just hurry up already!” Areum moaned as she sat down on one of the chairs beside the window.

“Relax… don’t be so impatient. We were just very early.” I replied as I sat down beside her.

After a few moments, Hyojin sat down beside me as well and we all sat and waited patiently for the others to arrive. 20 minutes passed by and all the names on the list had nearly been ticked off except five and of course you could probably guess who they were. At that moment, the five said persons walked into the lobby and they looked… so nice…

“Hey!” a male voice spoke as I continued to daydream.

Please don’t disturb my paradise here you idiot!

*CLAP*

I was immediately brought back to reality. I looked up and I saw Sanghyuk standing there with a huge smile as the others began to walk over towards us too.

“Oh! Sanghyuk! Hi! Umm… sorry… I was in another planet for a second there…” I replied. I was just enchanted by your beauty to be honest but I’m not telling you that!

“It’s okay! So are you girls ready to go?” he asked while laughing.

“Yes! I want to just leave now!” Areum exclaimed.

By this time, the rest of VIXX had already made their way over to us. We all greeted each other and got up and started making our way outside the hospital where there was a bus waiting to take all of us to the airport for our flight. Our flight was in four hours so we had plenty of time to get there.

“Here I’ll help you with your bag!” Hongbin said as he grabbed Areum’s suitcase from her hand and put it in the storage area on the bus. She totally likes him! She is blushing s hard. I think me and Hyojin will have to bring up this topic of conversation later…

“T-Thank you Dr Lee…” she smiled as she bowed a little.

“Areum, please call me Hongbin. It always sounds so official when people say Dr…” he laughed.

“Okay!” she replied happily as she began to make her way onto the bus.

Wonshik and Hyojin had already taken care of their bags (Obviously, the wee lovebirds that everyone knows about except themselves…) and they began to make their way onto the bus. I didn’t actually realise that nearly everyone was on the bus except for myself, Sanghyuk, Jaehwan and another lady doctor called Jung Minri.

“Rachel, I’ll help you…” I heard Jaehwan say as he came up beside me and took my bags.

“Thanks Jaehwan!” I spoke before looking away and getting onto the bus.

Sanghyuk helped Dr Jung put her bags on since he didn’t want to start a fight with Jaehwan. This was definitely not the place. They both glared at each other before making their way onto the bus.

 

……

 

[AT THE AIRPORT]

Once we got to the airport and checked in for our flight we still had about two hours to wait until we boarded so everyone had went their separate ways. Some people went to the food court while others browsed around the shop.

“Do you guys want to get some food before me board? We didn’t get any breakfast this morning…” Hakyeon spoke and looked around him before he continued. “We only had a blood packet each.” He whispered.

“Yeah we should get food. What do you fancy?” Wonshik exclaimed.

“How about just something light like ramen?” Hongbin suggested.

“Sure, let’s go!” Hakyeon said as he began to walk away with everyone following.

“Hey I’ll meet you guys there, I’m going to the bathroom.” Jaehwan spoke before he walked any further.

“I’ll go too. I’ll meet you guys later.” I said as he followed Jaehwan.

Taekwoon noticed that something wasn’t quite right but he didn’t say anything. He had sensed the tension between us from the moment we left the hospital. He didn’t want to intrude on the matter as it was between us. Once we got to bathroom, I stood still in front of Jaehwan, not moving and just stared at him. He did the same and I sensed that he knew what I was going to say.

“Jaehwan… stay away from her…” I said as I gritted my teeth.

“Or what…” he replied with a similar sort of expression.

“Stay away, I don’t want to fight you over a girl!”

“Then don’t, give her up Sanghyuk.” He sternly said.

I felt the anger inside me rising and my eyes changed to a red colour. I couldn’t hold it any longer. I went for him and pushed him up against the wall, cracking the tiles on the wall.

“You know how much I like her Jaehwan! Why would you do this to me?”

“I like her too! I can’t help it either!” he yelled back.

By this time, we were both in a state of anger and frustration. We didn’t want to hurt each other but looking into each other’s eyes just made the blood boil more. We heard loud thud as we saw the rest of the guys bursting through the door to the bathroom.

“Jaehwan! Sanghyuk!” Hakyeon exclaimed before they started trying to pull us apart.

Of course it wasn’t that easy since vampires had immense strength when they were angry but this didn’t stop them. When we successfully got pulled apart, we began to calm down immediately but our eyes where still the deep crimson red colour.

“What’s gotten into you guys?” Hakyeon asked with deep concern on his face. “We all sensed something was happening! But why?”

“He’s trying to steal her…” I spoke softly between my heavy breaths.

“Steal who?” Hakyeon asked in confusion.

“Back down Sanghyuk!” Jaehwan yelled as he was held back by both Wonshik and Hongbin.

“They both want Rachel as a mate…” Taekwoon replied to Hakyeon.

“Oh god… this is not good!” Hakyeon exclaimed. “We need to settle this now!”

“How?” Wonshik asked.

“There is only one way this can be settled…” Taekwoon spoke and everyone turned to face him. “You guys will just have to fight against each other but not in the physical way…”

“What are you trying to say Taekwoon?” Hakyeon asked in confusion.

“Rachel will have to choose herself… you both will have to fight for her feelings…” he continued. (I’M SORRY THAT THIS IS SO CHEESY! Haha JK I know you love it...)

With that me and Jaehwan glared at each other again and walked towards each other and then to everyone’s surprise we weren’t angry.

“Bring it on… Sanghyuk…” Jaehwan laughed.

“Be ready…” I replied.

“Thank god I don’t have his problem…” Wonshik said.

“Are you trying to say that you have someone in mind Wonshik?” Taekwoon teased.

He began to turn red. “N-No of course not! Let’s just go and get our food…” he said quickly before he walked out of the bathroom.

We had to just all laugh.

“You guys are thinking what I’m thinking right? Him and Hyojin for the win…” Taekwoon laughed.

Everyone made their way out of the bathroom except for me and Jaehwan.

“Jaehwan… Taekwoon’s right. We shouldn’t fight over this. We need to let Rachel choose herself…” I began.

“I know Sanghyuk. Just whatever happens, please promise that it doesn’t affect us.”

“I promise. But still, be prepared to play this game because I won’t go easy on you…” I laughed and walked past him out the door.

With Jaehwan closely following behind me laughing we made our way over to where the others were sitting.

“It should be interesting… but promise one more thing!” he replied.

“What is that?” I asked.

“No physical stuff okay?” he exclaimed. “Make it fair!”

“Fine!” I laughed so hard. “Let the best man win!” I continued as I swung arm around his shoulder.

 

……

 

-Can all passengers taking to flight CH1796 to Shanghai, China please make their way the Gate 14 for boarding! Thank you!-

“Thank god! It’s happening

Please log in to read the full chapter