New Face

Going Into the Unknown
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s already been two weeks since the incident with Jaehwan but it’s sort of out of my mind now. Me and Hyojin have begun to become more friendly with the rest of them not just Jaehwan. Just last week, I talked to Dr Cha for the first time and I’ve been talking more with Sanghyuk as well over a coffee meeting. Even though they are still ‘different’ from everyone else I’ve just sort of put that to the back of my mind.

“Hey Rachel, have you seen or heard about the new doctor in the Neurology department? I think it’s a female. Some of the guys are talking non-stop about her so she must be pretty!” Hyojin spoke as she burst in through my office door.

“Nope I haven’t…” I replied as I continued reading a report.

“Are you okay Rachel? You’ve been acting so out of it recently and I know why but please just be more responsive. I’ve been feeling like a loner recently if I’m honest.”

I looked up to her and put the report back on the desk. “I’m sorry Hyojin, I know I’ve been a pretty bad friend lately… I’ve just been so busy! How about you come with me to do my morning rounds? Then you can tell me everything you know about the new face!” I spoke as I wrapped my arm around hers.

As I was looking through charts belonging to each of the patients, Hyojin kept chirping in my ear telling me everything she knew. The new girl seemed really nice if I’m being honest and I would really like to meet her. She seemed to have a lot in common with us like shopping, travelling, beauty… I hope I can meet her later. Maybe invite her to have lunch with us!

“Oh! Look at the time! I should probably be in the lab! See you at lunch!” she yelled as she rushed out the door. I could only laugh. She’s always been so forgetful when it comes to time.

I continued to do my rounds when it was time that I thought that I should get a coffee. I made my way out of the surgical ward and turned right towards the coffee and vending machines. There was a bit of a crowd

Please log in to read the full chapter