Coffee?

Going Into the Unknown
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Hakyeon, which shirt looks best?” I asked as I held up a blue one beside a light purple one.

“Sanghyuk why are you asking me this all of a sudden?” he spoke as he tried to pull himself out of bed.

“Ahem… I just want to look good…”

“Fine, whatever. I think the blue one looks best though.” Hakyeon replied as he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

“Thanks hyung!” I ran out of his room and put on the blue shirt as I walked towards the bathroom to brush my teeth. “Today is going to be a good day…” I spoke to myself as Jaehwan walked into the bathroom.

“Morning Sanghyuk…” he spoke as he yawned. He had not yet got dressed so he was still walking around in his pjs.

“Good morning Jaehwan!” I replied with a smile. “Got any surgeries today?”

“Not today, I’ve just got loads of paperwork to get sorted out. Pretty boring day actually. You?”

“Well, I guess I’ll see what happens in the ER Department throughout the day. I just take it as it comes…” I spoke as I finished checking my appearance. “But I’ll see you later, I’m heading out soon. I’ll get breakfast on my way.”

“Oh? Why so early?”

I want to see Rachel…

“Oh… umm… I’ve got a meeting…” I replied hesitantly hoping he wouldn’t pry into it any further.

“Okay…” he replied lazily.

*SIGH* Thank god…

“Okay I’ll be going then!” I spoke as I began to make my way towards the door.

“WAIT!” I heard someone shout.

I turned around and saw Taekwoon sanding in the kitchen.

“Take this first…” he spoke as he held out a blood packet in his hand.

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Thanks!” I grabbed the blood pack and drunk it quickly. I already felt better.

“See you later Sanghyuk!” he yelled as I ran out the door.

I held my hand up as I walked away to show that I acknowledged him.

 

……

 

“Why on earth would he be going in this early?” Jaehwan thought for a moment as he put toothpaste on his toothbrush.

“You look deep in thought my friend…” Hongbin spoke as he came up beside me and pushed me to the side so that he could look at himself in the mirror.

“Sanghyuk is going to work already… do you think he is maybe going to see Dr Lee?” I asked curiously.

“Probably…” Hongbin replied as he laughed a little.

“Why is it so funny?”

“No reason…” he laughed again.

“Seriously…”

“Are you jealous Jaehwan? I mean Sanghyuk hardly knows her either and you’re still jealous.”

“I am not! I’m just… curious!” I spoke trying to defend myself.

“If you say so…” he replied and left.

Am I jealous?

 

[RACHEL’S HOME]

RING RING

“Hyojin… what’s up?” I spoke softly as I rubbed my eyes and picked up my phone.

“I’m on my way to your place, hurry up and get ready for work.”

“EUUUUUUGH!” I groaned.

“Shut up…and get up…” she spoke again.

Yes folks that is how my best friend talks to me. It’s a disgrace isn’t it?

“Fine… I’ll be up soon!” I groaned again as I turned over on my back and stared up at my ceiling.

“You’ll be up now because I am just outside your place!” she exclaimed happily.

How is she even this happy in the morning? I am just not a morning person…

“Fine, hold on a minute. Let me gain some strength…” I finished talking and ended the call. I walked towards my door and unlocked it and opened it.

“Good morning sunshine!” she yelled as she hugged me.

“Morning…” I spoke back softly as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

“Come on… hurry up and get ready! Let’s get breakfast together on the way this morning!”

“Okay, okay, give me 30 minutes…” I replied as I made my way towards the bathroom to wash up.

If I’m being honest, a bacon bagel would be perfect right now…

My stomach grumbled and I laughed to myself. I am definitely awake now…

 

[AT THE HOSPITAL]

I was in a really great mood right now as I walked into the hospital right now despite how I felt as soon as I had woke up. It turned out so great that I in fact had two bacon bagels and I could tell that it was going to be a great day.

A great day starts with great food!

I headed towards the general surgery department where my office was and on my way I passed by an outdoor area which was in fact a small garden. I looked at my watch and saw that I was a little bit early so I decided to go out and enjoy some fresh air. One thing I really did like about Seoul National University Hospital was the gardens. They were all so nice and they were good places

Please log in to read the full chapter