Deep Thoughts

Going Into the Unknown
Please log in to read the full chapter

 I just think this gif is so funny :)

[HOSPITAL CAFETERIA]

“So Areum, do you feel like you fit in here yet?” I asked as I took a spoonful of rice from my tray.

“I think I do. Everyone’s been more than great helping me get used to my surroundings especially you guys.” She smiled back as she looked between me and Hyojin.

“Well, I hope you can feel comfortable enough to ask us anything! We’ll always be here to help!” Hyojin spoke as she ate some kimchi but ended up choking and coughing.

LOL I know I shouldn’t laugh at this but I do. I feel like such a terrible friend…

I quickly handed her a cup of water but really we couldn’t help but laugh.

“Actually I think I do have a question…” Areum hesitantly spoke.

“Sure what is it?” I replied.

“Well… it’s concerning a group of guys-“

“You mean ‘VIXX’?”

“I guess so… is that what they’re called? I’ve heard everyone talk about how mysterious they all are…” she looked as me confused.

“Do you remember Taekwoon? The guy we had coffee with on your first day?”

“Yes.”

“He is one of them. I didn’t actually start taking notice of them until about a month and a half ago myself. I’ve just sort of got more familiar with them but for me they seemed to have just appeared into my life…” I replied. “There is definitely something different about them if you ask me.”

“Ah… I’ve just heard loads of girls talking about them. They seem to be really popular. I’ve never seen any of the other ones apart from Taekwoon but if I go by him they must be good.” She giggled.

“Well, since you’re talking about these guys, do you want to meet another few?” I asked curiously as Hyojin gave me a weird look.

“But you hardly ever talk to them either…” Hyojin spoke.

“Well, me and Dr Han has become sort of friendly and he is just over there right now with Dr Lee and Dr Wonshik…” I said as I pointed over a few tables.

“Oh Wonshik is there…” Hyojin said immediately.

“Do you like Wonshik?” Areum whispered to Hyojin who started to turn red.

“Of course she does, she’s always talking about him…”

“Rachel! I do not!” Hyojin exclaimed which caught the attention of nearby doctors.

“She totally does…” Areum whispered to me as we both laughed.

“Oh? Rachel, can we join you ladies?” a male voice spoke as we were stilling laughing at how red Hyojin had went.

I turned around and I was surprised that it was actually Hongbin.

“Yeah sure!” I smiled and gestured them to sit down.

I made brief eye contact with Sanghyuk but he seemed to be a little nervous? What’s up with him? I sat there for a moment daydreaming until the conversation suddenly brought me back to reality.

“So have you guys heard of the team building/conference trip next weekend?” Wonshik said excitedly.

“A trip? Do you mean a hotel sort of trip outside Seoul?” Areum replied suddenly interested.

“Oh? It’s a new face!” he exclaimed.

“Oh sorry, how rude of me, my name is Song Areum and I am the new doctor in the neurology department. It’s nice to meet you!” she spoke again the three men.

“Hi, I’m Lee Hongbin and that is Han Sanghyuk and I guess you’ve already spoken to Kim Wonshik. Please feel free to call us by name.” Hongbin smiled as he ate.

Areum smiled back slightly blushing? Haha wait till I get her later!

“But as I was saying…” Wonshik continued. “It is a hotel trip outside of Seoul but it gets better… it’s in China and I think the hospital is planning to send out some doctors from a range of departments.”

“Didn’t you say there is a conference too?” I asked.

“Ah yes… a few of our doctors I think are to be chosen to present a topic.”

I put my head in my hands because I just knew that I was going to be chosen. I had put together a research paper not too long ago about some of my previous and most recent work and the hospital was very impressed by it. I hope I can get off lightly this time!

“I don’t want to do it!” Hyojin exclaimed with panic. “I couldn’t talk in front of loads of people. It sounds too scary…”

“I hope so too but for some reason I got a bad feeling…” I spoke. “Remember my last research paper?” I looked at Hyojin with an annoyed expression.

“Well guys, I think we found one of our doctors who will have to present a topic! Good luck Rachel! Rather you than me!” Hongbin giggled and looked at me. “But we won’t disturb you ladies anymore because we’ve got to get back to work!”

“Ah okay! Bye!” Hyojin smiled as she waved as them even though we knew that she was waving at Wonshik.

I placed my head on the table. More work…

“Cheer up! At least this trip means one thing!” Areum exclaimed.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“Shopping trip! This is a good excuse for us

Please log in to read the full chapter