Mystery Destination

Going Into the Unknown
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Dear passengers, this is your captain speaking. It’s now 11:47am. We will now be arriving at Shanghai so I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for flying with Korean Air on this flight CH1796. Have a safe trip and we would all hope to see you again soon… Thank you-

After hearing that, I began to wake up from my sleep and the excitement instantly grew inside of me. We were finally soon in Shanghai. I looked around at everyone else and then to Sanghyuk beside me who was still sound asleep with his face pointed towards me. I should probably wake him up… I placed my hand on his lower arm and give it a gentle shake and he slowly began to open his eyes. As he looked up, I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising which made me turn away immediately. I just decided to pretend that I was looking out of the window.

“We’re nearly here… so I woke you up…” I spoke quietly as I heard him give a small chuckle. Secretly I smiled too but he didn’t have to know that.

“Oh, thanks Rachel. Are we below the clouds yet?” he asked as he leaned over with his face nearly beside mine.

“No not yet-“ I turned around to face him and our eyes met straight on. Oh god! I need to focus Rachel! FOCUS! “but I guess we’ll soon b-be…”

“You’re so flustered…” he spoke as he smiled.

“I’m not… I just need the bathroom!” I exclaimed as I got up from my seat and went to the restroom.

“Han Sanghyuk… You are really trying your best aren’t you…” he spoke to himself when he knew you were out of earshot.

 

……

 

“So where are we actually going?” Hyojin spoke as we all were making our way to the baggage collection area.

“No idea but I’m sure it’ll be fun!” Areum exclaimed.

“This girl’s always optimistic!” Hyojin laughed.

“It would be more fun if I didn’t have to talk at this conference…” I spoke boringly.

“Rachel, you are an amazing doctor and medical professional. You should think of it as a privilege to speak at things like this. Just think of me and Areum sitting by the side lines and cheering you on, yeah? You’ll be great!” Hyojin said which I couldn’t help but smile at.

“Yeah I guess…” I smiled.

“Okay good! Now let’s get our bags and find out where we are actually going!” she replied as she dragged both me and Areum at either side.

 

[A FEW PACES BACK]

“Taekwoon hyung, are you excited?” Hongbin asked as he got his suitcase.

“For what?”

“For this trip of course…”

“I guess…” Taekwoon replied as he walked away quietly.

“Aish… sometimes he’s so cold and quiet…” Hongbin spoke again as we all laughed.

“That’s our Taekwoonie!” Hakyeon exclaimed as we continued to laugh.

“So where do you guys think we are going?” Ravi said with interest.

“I kind of hope it’s out of the city. I would love a break from the city…” Hakyeon answered and we all agreed.

“Have you got everything sorted for your presentation at the conference?” I asked him.

“I think so even though I don’t want to do it. But sure there was no one else to do it so I had to…”

“You’re such a kind soul…” I replied which nearly got me hit.

“YAH! It’s your fault Sanghyuk… they needed someone from the ER Department to do it but you said no. You owe me big time…”

“Yeah, yeah…” I laughed as we all got the remaining suitcases and made our way to the others.

 

[AT THE HOTEL]

“WOW! This is amazing! Oh my god look at that view! It’s so nice! I can’t believe that we are staying here!” Hyojin exclaimed as we all began to make our way into the hotel lobby.

“I’m so glad it ended up being out of the city!” Areum spoke with excitement.

“Okay everyone! Listen up! Here are everyone’s room keys. You all have the rest of the day to yourselves so you can do whatever you want. Just be sure that we all meet here by 8am tomorrow morning to start the team building exercises…” the

Please log in to read the full chapter