Chapter 3.2 - A Family Broken (2 part chapter)

Timetraveler! HoshixOC Short Story

A/N: I apologize in advance for the shortness of this chapter, but it is just the second part of the whole thing so it's okay right? (no?...okay). Either way, I hope you all enjoy!~ (Also, who else is all over the Taemin comeback and Astro debut? I need a friend to fangirl with!!). P.S.: I'm thinking of writing x readers as a sort of side project to keep you readers occupied while you wait for this story to get updated (xD), so which group do you think I should write for? I'm thinking of writing for Seventeen, BTS, Exo, and Got7. You guys choose which ever you'd like to see! 

 

Best not to say anything…

    Don’t comfort them, don’t talk…

         

    The hospital was coming into view, and I could feel Woozi and The8 tense on either side of me. I looked to Jeonghan, who had been uncharacteristically stoic as he drove us all in the van. His knuckles were pale white from his hard grip on the steering wheel, and I noticed a small tear rolling down his cheek. Being one of the oldest, he’s trying to be strong for us younger brothers. I get that, it’s noble of him. I guess that’s why mom and dad always call him their angel.

 

    Upon pulling into a parking space, Joshua called mom on his phone, while Jeonghan and S. Coups were trying to shuffle the rest of us out quickly.

 

         “Mom said they put dad in the ICU, she says that we can find her up on the third floor hallway.” said Joshua.

         “Alright, let’s go then…”

 

    I could imagine that 13 guys all rushing into a hospital and calling one woman "mom" might have seemed a little peculiar at the time, but what can you do?

 

    To be perfectly honest, I had felt numb this entire time.

         I felt like a liar.

    I looked at mom, and she only stared back at me.

         “When are you going to tell them?”  I mouthed to her.

    She sighed and dropped her gaze to the floor.

    Her weak voice was barely audible amongst all the commotion in the hospital hallway.

         “...Boys, I’ve got some information you need to know…”