Chapter 3.1- A family Broken (2 part Chapter)

Timetraveler! HoshixOC Short Story

This was horrifying.

This entire situation was numbingly horrifying.

Never, never, had I seen my father look so...weak.

 

    It seemed like everything was moving in slow motion.

 

    My mother dropped the pot of spaghetti to the floor, causing the food to spill onto the floor. She was already crying before she had even made it to my father’s limp and pale form.

 

    Jeonghan was already at the phone, calling in an ambulance.

 

    Everyone was scrambling to help, and there I was.

 

    Just sitting.

 

    I turned to look at my mother, watching her caress my father’s face as she continued to cry. Joshua went over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, giving a light squeeze to get her attention.

         “Mom, Jeonghan called an ambulance...you  have to get up.”

    She looked at him, sniffling with her eyes red,

         “I’m not leaving him…”

    Joshua’s frown deepened, as he tried to reiterate,

         “Mom, come o-”

         “I said, I’m. Not. Leaving! Now go round up your brothers and get them into the van. The keys are on the coffee table in the living room.”

    He turned and looked at me, tears threatening to leave his eyes,

         “You heard her, help me get the others and get to the van.”

    I nodded and stood from my seat. Due to the chaos, my brothers had all scattered around the house. Don’t ask me why, we’ve all got our own ways of dealing with grief.

 

    I went to the living room first, and found The8 and Dino both crying, both completely distraught looking.

         “Guys...Mom wants us to get in the van...I guess we’re gonna all head to the hospital.”

    They looked at me silently, just staring,

         “C’mon…”

    They turned away from the sharp gaze I was giving them, and went out of the front door.

    I left the room as well, and went up the stairs. I saw Jun run up here, but then again, where else would he go? The guy really likes his room I guess.

    Sure enough, when I opened his door, there he was. Crying, clutching a small robot figure that dad had gotten him once. He looked up at me and tried to give me a small grin to show that he was okay. Obviously he wasn’t.

 

         “I-I heard you guys downstairs...I’ll go.”

    With that, he brushed past me and slowly went downstairs.

         “Hey, Hoshi! We’re leaving!”

    I heard Jeonghan’s voice from downstairs.

         “Okay!” I called.

    I quickly made my way down the stairs and grabbed my old hoodie from where I left it on the couch.

 

    Shuffling it on quickly, I went out the door and locked it. The cool air hit my skin, I didn’t even realize it was this cold.

 

    Jeonghan looked at me from the driver’s seat, nodding his head, signaling me to get in.

 

        “I guess mom rode in the ambulance?” I asked no one in particular.

         “Yeah, we’re gonna meet her there,” Joshua answered quietly.

    With that, Jeonghan started the car, and pulled away from our large home.

    I never understood why mom and dad decided to have so many kids...we’re loud, annoying…

    Excluding this situation.

    Once again, I found myself in a dead silent car. Full of deeply sad people. In a really bad situation.

    What to do...what to say...