Last Chapter

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Year Later

Ryeowook had been receiving treatment for his mental disorder after the incident. He found someone who spoke more sentences than questions. Instead of "why do you feel this way" he asked "it's fine to feel that way." He made me feel a sense of normality that I haven't felt in a while. His name was Mr. Park Jung Soo. There was something about him that made him feel comforting, like telling your older brother all the secrets you've had. "Well, Ryeowook. I think we are done here." Park said. 

Ryeowook rose from his seat "I'll see you next week?" since he has been receiveing treatment every single Tuesday for the past year. Park looked at him, as he finished writing up something in his notepad. He pushed his glasses up with a smirk on his face. "No, Ryeowook. Today was your last appointment with me and any other psychiatrist." Ryeowook looked at him in confusion. "I don't understand." Park laughed and put his shoulder on Ryeowook. "I'm dismissing you." Ryeowook stared at Dr. Park with confusion and eager to hear more. "You've learned to be happy." Dr. Park smiles. "You learned to open up to me and I've given you everything I learned and you've stepped out of your comfort zone. You are stable and happy. You are free to leave this building and never come back."

Ryeowook looked at Dr. Park and runs to hug him with teary eyes. "Thank you." Ryeowook whispered to him with a shaky voice. Dr. Park smiled with sadness and joy. After spending a year together, their "sibling" bond has come to an end. Ryeowook walked out with pride and that sense of accomplishment that he's been chasing for. Like winning the gold medal. The words 'you are free' felt like the burden was pushed away, that he had never heard the words that has eaten him from his whole life. His mother never cared about him. She was busy attending to his stepbrother and expected an inhumane response out of Ryeowook. He closed the door and walked out. Looking at every corner and every room and how much has changed. Ryeowook at the beginning never said a word at the appointment, but over time, he went from saying a couple words to telling Park about what happened yesterday. 

He walked out and as he closed the door behind him and felt the wind breeze right to him, he smiled with tears falling down his face. "I've won." 

He had no other plans and went home. Living in a lavish house with a dog, he smelled his favorite food from the outside. Inside, he saw a familiar backside of a man that was next to him when he slept, when he at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter