Friends

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is it"

Ryeowook walked along the handle, hoping to possibly change his mind and go back to the way it could've been. But, the burden was too great. The idea of not being good enough tormented him. The dripping blood from his wrist fell down to the sea, washing away. His heart felt so heavy, like he was carrying the weight of the world. He couldn't breathe. So many thoughts, so much pain. 

A tear trickled down his face and Ryeowook knew it was time. He closed his eyes and thought of good times, the times where he felt so happy, his heart fluttered. The moments where he remembered his brother before his words out the door became his last moments with Dongwoon. "See you soon, brother..." He smilied as another tear falls, and so did he. The wind was pushing against his chest, frantic thoughts, short breaths and then stillness.

His body crashed against the water, and Ryeowook opened his eyes. He felt at peace. The thoughts were gone but, his heart was rapidly pulsing. he attempted to get to the surface, thinking it was another failed attempt, but he realized something. Everyone hestitates, thinking maybe if I stay long enough, something good will happen, yet twenty three years had passed and nothing. He stopped trying. He could feel his body slowly shutting down, yet he did nothing to stop. He closed his eyes and felt the darkness overcome him.

Kyuhyun saw the man, far away, thinking he was drunk. He slowly walked toward him, hoping to start a conversation, to have some fun. But, as he slowly came closer, he saw the boy jump and his vision snapped into clarity. He stopped and slowly walked, than ran towards the spot. He looked down to see if the latter rose to the surface, yet seconds later, he jumped in without hesitation. Kyuhyun was always known as the clumsy, impulsive kind of person. Although, he is mentally healthy, he can act impetuous, reckless at times. As Kyuhyun's body collided against the water, he recognized below him the man. He swam down and held out his hand, trying to hold his breath as long as he can. He grabbed onto Ryeowook's shirt and went towards the surface. He gasped, grabbing all the air around him, his head was dizzy, lightheaded yet frantic. He swam to the nearest shore and dragged the other man's body/

"Hey, hey?!" Kyuhyun checked his heartbeat, no pulse. He took it upon himself to bring him back. He placed his hands near the latter's heart. He inhaled, and brought it to the mouth of the collapsed boy. He pushed down and pumped back and forth. "Come on, come on!" He tried again, inhaled and brought to the lips, pumping his hands at a steady rate. He decided to take a more aggresive approach. "Forgive me" He took his hands and made a fist, he punched the heart area, inhaled and repeat. He started to slowly give up, it seems there was no more. But, he tried one last time, using the last strength he had. He inhaled, brought it to the lips, and exhaled. He pumped again, using both tactics. Then suddenly, Kyuhyun brought his ear to his heart, he felt a pulse but was rather faint, not enough. He tried again, having hope once more. 

A loud, hard respire came out. Water begging to leave the body. He coughed, water coming out of his mouth. Kyuhyun sighed with reassurance, lying down next to the boy, due to his weak state. Ryeowook was confused and dazed, saw a tall man next to him, breathing in sharply and exhaling quickly but he out again, possibly by the overwhelming signals his body was trying to concieve. Kyuhyun, startled by the latter's reaction, he put his ear against Ryeowook's chest and made sure his heart was pulsing, and called the ambulance. 

He stood next to the boy, examining the latter's face. His head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter