Sinking

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cho Kyuhyun attend Yonsei University after working his off for his resume. He was known as "the perfect child." Cried, yes spoiled, yes but Kyuhyun grew up and became the top student in his school, he volunteered at animal shelters and retirement centers. Kyuhyun was tall, handsome, and smart. The only thing his parents didn't like about his was his uality, he was gay. Kyuhyun tried his hardest to deny it, used science to backtrack the cause, slept with women all to deny it however, they all failed. One stare at his crotch and he was a goner. 

Kim Ryeowook led a completely different life. He attended Korea University, but he lived with his cousins, who were the only reason why he was in Korea. His mother had a divorce from Ryeowook's father and lived in Chicago with her new family. His father is in jail with a life sentence in a murder while neing high. He never hated his parents, he just grew distant. When he turned 21, he left his cousins and became independent. Bought a vintage, brick walled apartment near his university in hopes of becoming a teacher. 

Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Ryeowook have never heard of each other ever. But, they had one thing in common: depression. Kyuhyun spends 2 hours a day at the suicide hotline center, where he listens and offers advise to people struggling. Kim Ryeowook was also the top student in his class, but no one knows that every day, he cuts and cries himself to sleep, then forces himself to get out of bed no matter how hard it is for him to even embrace the day.

But, one call from his mom talking about how her new son is going to the best Ivy League school, successful in everything he does breaks Ryeowook apart. So many thoughts attacking him all at once, people using him for his grades, studying like a madman just so he can have his mothers approval. That night, he was overwhelmed with emotions, ready to end everything once and for all.  

He grabbed his gun, given to him from his cousins, in case of a robbery and was ready to end it. He didn't want to do it, he really didn't but living would be even more painful. He kept stalling, trying to stop the thoughts,

"You're fat"

"You're stupid"

"Your family doesn't even love you"

"Trash"

"Waste of Space"

It was haunting him. But, he didn't want to, with all his might he didn't want to. He wanted to hear consoling words: sucide hotline. Dials up the number and waits.

3 dials go by 

"Hello, you have reached the suicide hotline service" Ryeowook was growing impatient as his thoughts are getting stronger and stronger. "We will be connecting you to an active server" Ryeowook started to pace around his house, trying to sort out his emotions, trying to calm the hairs on his chest. 

"Hello" Ryeowook stopped "..." He couldn't say anything. He desperatley tried. "Is anyone there" Ryeowook taps on the phone, trying his hardest to keep this persons voice on the line. "I see you're not much the talker. Well, since you called, I'm assuming its unbarable right?" Kyuhyun had these kinds of situations before when the caller decides to just be silent, people who just want a friend. Ryeowook tapes on the phone again. "For starters, I want to tell you that it's okay that your mind is racing and you can't calm down, and instead you need a diversion." Ryeowook sighs in relief, reassured. "I don't know who you are, but everyone has hardships, everyone feels tired to continue the cycle of life. And some can't figure out why they are still breathing." Ryeowook brings his other hand to the phone, desper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter