Chapter 5

Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun POV

These days have been like a nightmare I desperatley want to wake up from. Ryeowook hasn't woken up for about 2 days. They keep telling me that he's fine and he'll wake up anytime but I just don't have a good feeling. I haven't showered since that day.

Walking into that bathroom made me have a reality check. Life was cruel to the kindest people. I swear, I saw at least 50 nurses come in and out. They won't let me in for more than an a half an hour and even then, I just stare and see the bruised up eye, the stitches on his arm and all these medical equipment hooked onto him. That smile, what was the meaning of it? The day, I couldn't sit down, I couldn't keep calm.

Why would Ryeowook do this? I just thought the first time was because he was drunk but this, Ryeowook stared dead at me. He was hiding something from me. Did he even think of me before trying to commit suicide? What if he called me and I didn't realize? If Ryeowook wanted to kill himself after the jumping, he would've done it anyway but, the time between was 4 months. I want to help him, more than anyone else and I will.

No One's POV

The doctors won't tell Kyuhyun that this wasn't the first nor the second time nor the tenth time Ryeowook came in for these kinds of issues. He had multiple occurances of calling 119 with wrist cut open, profuse bleeding from veins or like how the nurses catagorized him as "mentally instable." This was mainly the reason why Ryeowook isn't allowed to exercise frequently and tries to take care of his health. 

This wasn't like another suicidal cut like other times, but he had bruises and broken bones. He was going to do it this time. He was really trying to die this time.

Even though all family members are aware of this issue, no one has come in to see Ryeowook, only Kyuhyun who is only allowed to see him for only thirty minutes.  

Kyuhyun heads to his workplace and tracked down the area he recieved calls so as a worker he was able to send an ambulance to the address. Kyuhyun had worked there for over 5 years and can't always remember from the top of his head. It was no doubt he coudn't remember the person who just says nothing but occacionally talks. He looked at all the calls since he met Ryeowook: the night of the drowning incident. And there it was, a number at the same address that was in the yellow pages.

Did I read that correctly? I could feel my heart sinking, that my best friend wanted help but I couldn't do that for him. I couldn't be his superman... 

How lonely Ryeowook must've been? He stumbles to the ground. Kyuhyun put his knees near his chest as he angrily pulls his hair. Tears began filling Kyuhyun's eyes. He thought of all the times he should've asked more than just "are you okay?" He thought to himself, "how could I've been so stupid?"

He bits his lower lip to stop crying and instead to try to be better. This didn't change the way Kyuhyun saw Ryeowook but he knew more about him and wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter