-Choi Hansol-

-The Secret Game-



 

The lunch is almost over when I finished my food and just sitting on my desk, poking my left-over grilled fish. Haru, and two other classmates, Daemin and Soojin, are looking at me with confusion.

"You're not going to eat your grilled fish?" asks Haru. She already starts to pack her lunch boxes.

"It's unusual. You're not the type to left your food uneaten" Soojin furrowed her eyebrows. "Something's wrong?"

"Can you just give that fish to me?" Haru and Soojin shoot Daemin with glares. "What? I'm still hungry"

"I  want to give this to my Cotton" I said

Haru take a glance to her wrist-watch, "Just go, you have 10 minutes left until the lunch time is over. And 10 minutes bonus from me keeping Ms. Kang looking for you"

"Yeay! Thanks Haru! I'll be back as soon as I can!" dashing with my lunchbox, I still could heard Soojin asking Haru about 'Cotton's identity' and Daemin sad voice for not getting my grilled fish.


*****

I always want to have a cat. I guess I'll never have it  since my Mom is allergic to it. All I can afford is collecting cats plushies. Wonwoo always complaining how in the world I still persisting to collect dolls despite my age, yet he remembers all of my plushies' names.

Luckily I met 'Cotton'. A gray stray cat I found on school's backyard, two weeks ago. Since then I always spare my lunch to feed this cute kitty.

"What are you doing there, Cotton...?" I asked it when I saw the cat hugging a tree branch up there. I sighed and it started crying. "Alright alright, I'll get you" looking around, I'm trying to find anything to use as stairs and found nothing. Guess I have to climb the tree by myself.

"Geezz, why are you climbing this high when you know you couldn't get back by yourself?" I look at Cotton in the eyes while climbing, "right you don't know."

After succeeding in getting it back, I froze. All I have to do now is going back down, but it's.. Well, pretty high. If I jump, I might hurt myself.

"Gezz, let's just do it" without looking down, I'm trying to get back to the ground a little by little. Right at my 10th step, I fell.

"Oucchh..." my bottom felt sore and my right hand got some scratch from the tree. Cotton hugs my shoulder tightly. It's too tiny to get down by itself. Thank God I come to the rescue on time "It's alright, you're okay now" I reach to Cotton and held it by my hands "Let's eat!" I beamed.

"How could you still save it when you knew you could hurt yourself?"

"WHAT THE- WHOAHH YOU SCARED ME" I screamed. The brown haired boy sit behind some bush not to far from my fall's place.

He didn't mind my scream at all. Instead, he looked at me in the eyes, "How?"

"I-i don't know. I just want to. Maybe because I like this kitten. Maybe because I care, so I want to protect...?" I answered. Uncertain. Well I guess I'm the type that could never do good in pop quizzes.

I saw his 2nd grade badge and read his name quickly, "Choi Hansol". The name sounds too Korean to his pretty western face.

"What is to protect...?" right. Now he's mumbling to himself while looking at his bandaged arm.

"Well, if you excuse me...~" I run away with Cotton trying not to get bothered by the scene at all. Curious? Yes. I just don't want myself to be involved in Wonwoo's friends' personal problem. Choi Hansol, for your information, my friend, is Vernon, the drummer of Royal Visuals.
 

= = =

Hope you guys like this fic of mine (altough it is imperfect). Comment and subscribe are love!