Bangyo 2: Blessings

Simply Belong to Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#nowplaying Oh Hyuk – A Little Girl

 

 

Junghwan stirred as he opened his eyes. He flexed his muscles as he feels the stiffness after the nap. He eyed the clock on the wall that showed 3 pm, and got up. “Sleepyhead” he mumbled as he poked Deoksun’s cheek who was still sleeping soundly beside him.

Junghwan got out from his room and walked to the kitchen to find water, there he found his mother who already preparing for dinner. “Omma, why dont you wake me up for the lunch?” he asked.

“Both of you were sleeping peacefully that I dont have the heart to wake any of you. You guys must be very tired from the work right?” Miran omma looked at his son simpathicly. Junghwan was still in madness for his promotion works and Deoksun had flights back to back from Monday to Friday, it was indeed a hard week for them.

“Should I wake Deoksun up to help you with dinner?” Junghwan offered.

“No need. Let her rest. Why dont you go the Left House to invite your parent in-law for dinner. I already told Ilhwa that I made plenty dinner to celebrate your promotion, but it will be better if you invite them directly. You havent greet them, right?” Miran omma asked.

“Ne. I need to go the Left House anyway, there are things that I need to discuss with Deoksun’s parent,” Junghwan said, “but Omma, they’re not yet my parent in-law, why are you calling them my parent in-law?”

Miran omma chuckled, “It’s just a matter of weeks until they become your parent in-law anyway, I dont see the difference. Go wash your face and greet them”

Junghwan nodded and proceed to wash his face. He then walked out from his house to the Left House, which is Deoksun’s family house.

“Ahjusshi, Ahjumma, It’s Junghwan” he announced. Unlike Sunwoo, Taek, and Dongryong who could freely enter Deoksun’s house, Junghwan found it awkward whenever he visited her house, mostly because he’s afraid to left bad impression in front of her parents.

“Aigoo, Kim-seobang!! Come inside” Ilhwa omma greet him brightly, “sit wherever you like. You dont have to come here to greet us though, we’re going to your house for dinner anyway” she chirped.

“Keurae, Junghwan-a, you dont have to come here,” Dongil appa added, “ Congratulations on your promotion anyway!”

“Aniyo, Ahjusshi, Ahjumma. I still have to come here to greet you, I also have some things to discuss with the both of you.” Junghwan said. He could feel the nervousness building up inside of him as the sweats started to form in his palm.

“What is it, Junghwan-a?” Dongil appa asked.

“Both of you must have heard from Deoksun that I have proposed to her last month, but I have not asked for the permission to marry her from the both of you. Today I want to ask for your blessings. Ahjusshi, Ahjumma, can I, Kim Junghwan, take care of your daughter, Sung Deoksun, for the rest of our life?” Junghwan stated as he eyed Dongil appa and Ilhwa omma nervously.

Dongil appa rubbed the back of his head, not knowing how to react. He eyed his wife who are starting to teared up. This is not the first time a man has come to ask for his daughter, he already has Sunwoo taking his Bora last year anyway. Dongil appa has know this day would come, but still, it still shocked him when he has to let go of his daughter to another man. “Junghwan-a, even if you dont ask us, we already gave our blessings,” Dongil appa said, “Our second daughter is careless, hot-tempered, lazy, with many other bad things with her, but still, I hope you can always looked at her prettily and love her unconditionally. Just like us.”

Dongil appa started to teared up without knowing, while Ilhwa omma already flooded in tears. “Junghwan-a, remember when you guys come home after the school trip back in high school?” Ilhwa omma asked, Junghwan nodded as a response. “Back then I chased Deoksun because she lost our family camera, and she hid behind your back, then I accidentally hit your head” Ilhwa omma said while chuckling a little, reminiscing the memory of Junghwan and Deoksun’s highschool days.

“Maybe it was from that day, that I started to realize that Deoksun relies on you more than to any other kids. I started to thought, ‘Ah, my Deoksun has another man she can trust, rely, and depend on other than his dad and brother’” Ilhwa omma said, she then re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter