After the Confession

Simply Belong to Each Other
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right after Junghwan’s ‘fake’ confession, the gang decided to home. Junghwan started drinking like crazy after the confession. Dukseon was fusing about something she didnt bother to tell. Taek did not even come, the match hasnt ended afterall. Sunwoo and Dongryong noticed the mood has going down and called it over. Sunwoo has to meet his precious bride-to-be anyway.

Unfortunately for Dongryong, he has to clean the restaurant, and it left with Junghwan and Dukseon to go home to Ssangmundong. Junghwan was too drunk to drive, he gave the car key to Dukseon and let her drive the black jeep.

“Ouch, my head hurts” Junghwan lean his head to the seat as soon as he entered the car.

Dukseon scoffed, “No one told you to drink that much anyway. You practically gulped down 2 litres of beer by yourself.”

Junghwan let a deep sigh, “Let’s not bicker tonight.” He looked over the window, pretending to looked at the night scenery, but in fact he watched Dukseon’s reflection on the car’s window.

All those six years he spent on his first love to this girl, he’s giving it up tonight with the confession. If only he muster the courage to confess since their highschool days, he might not have to give up. “Only for tonight, this will be the last time I look at her with this feelings” he thought as he watched her drive.

He noticed that they passed the intersection to Ssangmundong, but Dukseon did not seem to care,

“Yah! Where are you going, way back home is that road” he said.

“Let’s get some air. You said your head hurts.” She continued to drive until the venue of Lee Moonsae’s concert they attend together in 1989.

“Let’s get out, Junghwan-a, we need to talk” Dukseon said as she unbuckled the seatbelt. Junghwan looked at her questioningly, but followed her outside anyway.

Dukseon sat at the exact bench she sat back in 1989 when she pretended to hurt her ankle. Junghwan then joined her at the bench. She smiled a little and then looked at Junghwan, “Remember when I told you I hurt my ankle after the concert?” she asked, “It was all a lie. My ankle was fine, I just need an excuse to hold your hand”

Junghwan smiled at the memory, “I know. It was obvious”.

Dukseon’s face turned sad, “Then why you dont say anything about it?”. Junghwan remained silent, unable to answer the question.

Dukseon sighed, “Junghwan-a, I know your confession tonight was not a joke.”

Junghwan flinched, “N-no, it’s a joke, I just do it because Dongryong. Really” he stuttered.

“Then look at my eyes and say that you dont care about me at all” she dared him. Junghwan sighed and looked up to her eyes. He was about to deny his feelings but his tongue betrayed him, unable to let out the words.

“See, you do care about me!” she claimed, “I know Junghwan-a. Even back in 1989, I know that you cared for me.”. Junghwan remained still, unable to meet her eyes for now.

She took a long breath, “Yesterday I saw you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter