Buy you a meal

I am crazy too.

3 weeks before the Mid Term examinations, Haeun have been studying a lot more than she did for the previous exam. The only problem was that she was studying wrongly all the time, which of course would land her into big trouble at year ends. Memorizing without understanding had been Haeun's way of studying. She really wished that she understands what she is studying, too bad she doesn't. 

Having owned an account in Ask.fm once, many creepy questions came out after having talked to Junseo. Things like, I know who are, don't be scared, and, I never wanted to be your distraction, and I know who you like, came out. Haeun had a feeling that it was Junseo, but she dare not ask Junseo. She just knew that she'd lie when the time comes, she would lie that she couldn't sleep well because of his anonymous questions.

1 week before mid terms, she had some small talk with her crush of two months. Basically, they started talking when Junseo took the initiative to talk to her. As silly as it may sound, it started when Subin purposely walked behind Junseo, along with Haeun. Because of this, Junseo texted her, Was that you behind me during the break time?

As excited as she was, she replied, Yeah, why?

Received Junseo :D at 6:25 pm: Haha nothing much. So, how's your day?

"SUBIN. SUBIN. What am I going to say???" Haeun bites her lips while calling Subin on the phone. Trembling at her own excitement, finally. 

"What do you mean what are you going to say? Answer the question, duh." Haeun can almost imagine Subin rolling her eyes.

"Right. Of course. Bye." I might need to wait a few seconds before reply, or else i'll appear desperate.

Sent to Junseo :D at 6:26 pm: I'm fine! How about you? Anyway, i wanted to ask if those Ask.fm questions were made by you. It was creepy. You know, i couldn't really sleep well. >_< 

***

They talked about how subjects they took in school. Haeun remembered the first day that she knew his name, on stage. Through their conversation, Haeun got to learn that the Mathematics was a little too easy for him, got to learn that he joined gymnastic in his primary school days, but quitted a year later to join track and field. Somehow, Haeun had underestimated him, but that was what made her shocked, in a good way. 

From 6:25 to 8:43, they were talking and laughing, and getting to know each other well. At the end of the conversation, he said, By the way, the creepy anonymous was evil. ;'D

What was that suppose to mean though.

******

Turning his phone every now and then, Baekhyun contemplated whether he should text her or not. A week since the incident, Haeun didn't look at him or whatsoever. Baekhyun tried his best to look normal in front of her, look apologetic in a sense. Haeun could sense it, but she just chose to ignore it. Back at home, Baekhyun kept on thinking about how he had hurt her feelings. He wasn't sure how to handle her feelings. Should her just apologize, or forget it about?

Any girl would want an apology. Clearly Baekhyun doesn't know that.

Baekhyun tried to brush that thought off by studying for 5 hours straight. Baekhyun may be a person who takes things very lightly, he takes his studies rather serious. Which is why, he could score top in his class. In that 5 hours, he finished all his homework, and completed 2 chapters of Biology.

The thought of Haeun came back once again, when he was taking a cold shower. He felt so guilty, he couldn't even bathe in peace. There's only one way to prevent him from feeling guilty, which is to apologize to Haeun. Given his egoistic character and especially how proud he is of himself, he would be a difficult thing to say the word 'sorry' to anyone in the world. 

But someway.. somehow.. he had to take this off his chest.

***

"Hey, guys. We should go catch up Allegiant after school," Kyungsoo smirked, "It has been our tradition for 3 years! We got to go watch it. Today sounds good!" Kyungsoo clapped his hands like he has never been so excited before. 

"Come on, our exam starts in a week, and you are already thinking about playing." Chanyeol rolled his eyes, scooped rice into his mouth.

"Tsk, you're no fun. Baekhyun, what you do say?" Kyungsoo talked to Baekhyun, only to get ignored.

Baekhyun was thinking of a way to apologize to Haeun. He have been so lost these days, running out of ways to apologize to Haeun. Baekhyun literally wrote down the ways he have on his phone.

1. Put down my ego and say 'sorry' to her. Pro: I'll feel better. Cons: I might get ignored; I might feel inferior; Chan's probably going to laugh at me.

2. Buy her a meal that she likes. Pros: I get to eat too; she'll definitely eat. Con: But when to go?; I might just waste my money.

3. Give her tuition for free. Pros: Her grades might be better; My grades might be better. Cons: I at teaching; and for how long?

"EARTH TO BAEKHYUN??? HELLO?? ANYONE THERE??" Kyungsoo shouted at his ear.

"WHAT? Do you have to shout???" Baekhyun frowned.

"Aish. Do you wanna go watch Allegiant with me today? Chan chickened out."

"I did not."

"Did too." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"No you can go yourself. I-I got to go." Baekhyun stammered. He stood up, leaving his unfinished food on the table. Baekhyun ran to Haeun who walked behind the walls.

***

"Yah! Wait up. Haeun!" Baekhyun shouted.

"What? Oh my god leave me alone!" Haeun shouted back without turning her head.

Baekhyun's hands wrapped around her wrist and pulled her closer to him, but far enough to stretch an arm out. Facing each other, with Haeun's awkward position, Baekhyun gulped down his saliva, nervous for what will happen next. Baekhyun's hand still remained on her wrists and they both unexpectedly gaze into each other eyes.

Haeun's warm dark brown, big and round eyes caught with Baekhyun's hazel coloured eyes. Scrunch button nose and pursed full lips slowly returned to position when she gazed at Baekhyun's soft hazel eyes. Their eyes looked at each other, as if their eyes are communicating with each other. Baekhyun's heart raced unreasonably, his palm begin to grow sweaty, why is this happening to me?

Baekhyun scrutinized her face, felt angry at the pimples that grew on her face. If it weren't for her acne, she will be even more prettier than what Baekhyun is looking at now. He clicked back to reality, he needs to show his apology. Baekhyun released his hands from her wrist and tried to act normal.

"So, you can't resist me, eh?" 

"Pft. You spoil every moment."

"Oh so we did, have a moment." Baekhyun laughed. 

Haeun rolled her eyes, "What, do you want?"

Baekhyun paused for a moment, wondering if he is actually doing this. "Can I buy you a meal today? After school." Baekhyun looked down at his feet, face became hotter and hotter.

"What for?"

"Just to buy you a meal of anything. Your choice."

"Baekhyun I am not accepting any meal without a reason. I need to study anyway."

"I'll tutor you after meal." Baekhyun smiled. He felt relieved. She might declined his offer, but at the very least, he did tired to amend things. As nervous as he is, he knew he shouldn't stop in the process.

Haeun raised an eyebrow. "Okay. I agreed only because you say you'd tutor me."

Baekhyun shook his head profusely, finally.

"Bye."

Baekhyun looked at Haeun walking away and he smiled to himself.

"Well someone have a date today." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun's eyes widen. Dammit.

******

"Subin, i'm going back to class first alright. I got to settle some homework." Haeun said, picking up her plate, wallet and phone. She placed the plate at the plate return area. She looked at the canteen and spotted Junseo whose facing her direction. But Junseo doesn't look at her. Then her eyes looked over to Baekhyun's table and her eyes caught his. As Haeun walks away, Baekhyun's gaze followed her.

At Haeun's peripheral vision, she saw Baekhyun running towards.

"Oh no no no please don't come here, pleaseeee." Haeun cursed under her breath. 

"Yah! Wait up. Haeun!" Baekhyun shouted. The moment words came out of his mouth, Haeun's speed picked up. She contemplating whether she should turn her head and wait for him. But she just continued walking, trying her best to avoid him.

"What? Oh my god leave me alone!" Haeun shouted back without turning her head.

Few seconds passed and suddenly, a warm hand held her wrists, pulled her closer to the body. Her body facing the side, but her face facing at the guy. The touch felt so foreign, yet soft and welcoming, and gentle. She can't help it but to feel the soft yet firm grip on her wrists.  What is going to happen next? She gulped down her saliva. Looking at the guy with enlarged eyes and with no warning, her heart begins to race and her face turned hot.

Her eyes caught his appearance, small eyes, sleek mouth and snub nose. His face is clear, and that rumor about him wearing eyeliner is true. Haeun wished she could draw her eyeliner as perfect as his.

She looked at his appearance, and this is the only time that they are this close to each other. She saw the baby features of his faces and realized how charismatic Baekhyun actually is. It felt like minutes to her

Baekhyun flinched a little and Haeun jumped back to reality. The warm gripped on her hands were gone seconds after clicking back to reality, and somehow Haeun wished that it stayed longer. It made her felt loved, secured, happy and blessed. To have a hand reaching out to her is something that never really happened to her. This felt so foreign, yet lovely.

But Baekhyun decided to spoil the moment with his ignorant replies, "So, you can't resist me, eh?" 

"Pft. You spoil every moment."

"Oh so we did, have a moment." Baekhyun laughed. 

Haeun rolled her eyes, "What, do you want?"

"Can I buy you a meal today? After school."

"What for?" She raised her eyebrow. What's with the treat all of a sudden?

"Just to buy you a meal of anything. Your choice."

"Baekhyun I am not accepting any meal without a reason. I need to study anyway."

"I'll tutor you after meal." 

"Okay. I agreed only because you say you'd tutor me." He must be doing this because he felt so guilty for indirectly insulting me the other time.

Baekhyun shook his head profusely.

"Bye." She walked off with the knowledge that she's having a meal with Baekhyun, the kingka of the school. That's was something that she can't digest. She could only smile.

***

During English lesson, Haeun told Subin about what happened and she couldn't believe it too.

"Let's go for History class." Haeun packed up and placed everything in her bag and walked to History classroom at the fourth floor. Haeun always looked forward to this day, this period of the day. Because while she's having English lesson in her own class, Junseo would be in the History classroom. So each time, they would see each other while Junseo exit the classroom.

Haeun would wait outside the classroom for Junseo's lesson to end. She would look at Junseo all the time and sometimes Junseo would either look outside or ignore. 

This day was the happiest time of her life.

When Junseo's class ended, he walked out of the classroom and waved and smiled at her. Haeun smiled back instead of waving back and within seconds, her face and ears began to grow so hot and red, and her smile would always be bright. 

"Is that like your crush or something?" Daehan talked to Haeun.

"No, hahaha." Haeun replied.

During the whole lesson of History, she couldn't stop smiling at herself at the thought of it. It just make her bonkers.

******

Back in class, Haeun walked back to her seat and got ready for the next lesson, Mathematics. The students were given an assignment to do in class and anyone who is done can help others. Baekhyun was the first to complete, and he got it checked by the teacher. Surprisingly, he have gotten most of it correct. He sat back in his seat and looked over at Haeun and wondered if he should help her or not. 

Intentionally, he walked over to her desk and sat beside her.

"Need help?"

"No"

"Need help?"

"Y-yes.." Baekhyun laughed at her response. 

After a while of teaching...

"OHHH so that's how you do it. Oh so easy!" Haeun finally got it right. Baekhyun laughed at her, so cute.

Class have ended already, students packed up and went off, only left Baekhyun and Haeun in class. The only problem is.. Haeun's still solving the math problems. 

"Only one more question and we go off, okay?" Haeun said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

"Sooo.. You have to find out this angle first by using a corresponding reason, then-"

"I know. I know. Let me do it."

***

"So, what do you want to eat?" Baekhyun asked, laughing as Haeun's face brighten at the sound of food.

"Sushi!"

"Okay! Kaja!"

 

 

Sigh guys, i'm not happy with this chapter. It's too much talking. >_< soz, i've been afk for so long.