Park Junseo

I am crazy too.

Psychology shown that when one likes a person for more than 4 months, it can be considered as a 'like'. Under 4 months, it is still considered as infatuation.

Haeun read this on Twitter a year ago. Unlike other people who tweet to share their current thoughts with their followers, Haeun have an aim. Her aim is to hit 50 000 tweets within 2 years. Weird yet interesting passion. A year have passed, and she only have 23 679  tweets. She sighed at the sight of it, but her friends know that she would do anything to reach her goals. For example, a tweet that is supposed to be a sentence can be broken down into a word per tweet. Haeun's motto is: I can do anything if I put my heart and soul into it. That motto applied till the next day. Not the following day, not ever again.

***

Today's the fourth day of school year and Haeun's already whining over stress. This year is the year of horror and fear for her, with the year end examinations that determines her future. The worst case scenario that she could ever think of is having to repeat the same year again and having to retake the examinations. That scared her the most, not the notorious idiot of the class, Byun Baekhyun. Haeun barely even talked to him, she couldn't care slightly.

Haeun dragged herself from her bed. Straight jeans, graphic tees, pony tails and bulky bag has always been the set for school. Only being exposed to graphic tees, she has bought hundreds of them. Hundreds of graphic tees but only 15 of them are worn frequently. She supposed that she can only pull off graphic tees, instead of the glamorous type of fashion. Flipping through fashion magazines and browsing through online shops, but she still stuck with her own kind of tees. Those kinds of fashion doesn't suit me. Haeun even thought of putting on makeup, like most girls would do. Heck, she'd probably screw it up.

But there were times Haeun hoped she looked better. Those times when handsome guys passes by her and they can only look at her with judgmental looks. Out of all the handsome guys she have seen today, the only guy that caught her eye was a wallflower boy, but she doesn't know his name. She wrote on her school diary, stalk all classes and find the name of the guy. 

As desperate as it may sound, Haeun find that nameless boy cute, although the pimples on his forehead and his short height.

In the school canteen, Haeun spotted him again. This time, she purposely walked over to him, pretending to be purchasing a meal but in actual fact, Haeun was trying to measure his height with hers. Maybe Haeun's shorter than him, that's a relieve. The boy bought his own meal and surprising enough, his eyes caught Haeun. Haeun didn't feel anything during this eye contact, she didn't want to feel anything. Damn he is short.

***

At home, Haeun took out her homework and started to do, but she gets irritated when she doesn't get the right answer. She felt like throwing the homework into the bin but she reminded herself that practice makes perfect and she could do anything if she put her heart and soul into it. But the problem was, she didn't want to put her heart and soul into it. Heck, she don't even want to care. Whatever her answers were, she left it the way it is, stapled her work and fished out her school diary. 

If it wasn't for that school diary, she would probably have forgotten to find the boy's name.

Haeun switched on her laptop and opened Facebook. Every class have a Facebook, where they post their class photos there. Out of all the 5 classes, she was drawn to class 4B. Looking through the photos of this class, she found the boy, but the photos and its comments do not show his name. He wasn't even tagged. Haeun spent a couple of hours looking for his name. Even with the burning passion in her, she could not find out his name. Maybe putting my heart and soul into it would not work at all. She gave up finding, urgh i need my beauty sleep.

***

The next day in school, she saw him yet again. Sitting down on the floor of our school hall so innocently. His innocent look was what drawn her attention. Haeun looked at him for a good 5 seconds, at the last second, the boy turned his head and their eyes caught for the second time. Haeun quickly looked away, hoping that he doesn't notice anything. During assembly time in their school hall, Haeun kept on looking at him. Sometimes she felt that he was looking at her, but she cursed under her breath, no, just no.

A day passed but the only thing she found out about him was that he is in class 4B, nothing interesting. Haeun felt like giving up, she put her heart and soul into it but there wasn't any fruit. She saw him in the canteen again and when the boy and Haeun eyes caught again, Haeun smiled to herself. 

"Haeun, why are you smiling to yourself?" Subin asked.

"Huh huh? uh i am not. psshh don't talk crap." Haeun said while looking at the boy.

Home again, with her parents quarelling outside her room yet again. She shut herself in the room and did her homework.

"Solve the simultaneous equation... 3x+4y equals 24... 4x+3y equals 22... 1.... 2.... This is the 3rd equation.. okay.. now what? oh plus. Wait do i minus or plus? Dammit." She felt pathetic doing Mathematics. I wonder if he is good in Mathematics. She decided to get some help from the internet, learning from examples that the internet teach. At the very end of the question, she finally gotten a correct answer. Thank God. 

1 hour later, she finished her only homework. She prepared for her sleep, switching on the air conditioner, wearing long pants then tucking in her t-shirt into her pants and tying her hair into the messiest, ugliest bun. The most comfortable set that she wish she can wear it everyday. Haeun thought about the boy again and decided to find the boy's name. She tweeted, this better be the last time i am trying to find your damn name. She probably have to start finding tomorrow again.

***

When Haeun entered her school's hall, the stage curtains were drawn. She wondered what will happened. 30 minutes later, 2 students came on stage as emcees. Haeun drew circles on her hands with her fingertips, looked up to find the boy but to no avail.

"Today, we welcome the principal on stage to give out the award to the fellow students." emcee said. Haeun never had the chance to receive an award, she hope maybe she can get one for her year end examinations.

"hah nerds." 5 students down the road was Byun Baekhyun, the usual idiot who constantly embarrassed himself. He got the attention from teachers. He got called out by the discipline master. Serve him right.

10 minutes later, she spot the boy standing at the side of the stage, little did Haeun know that he is actually smart too. He received an award for being top in Additional Mathematics and Elementary Mathematics. Haeun scoffed, she could barely pass in Mathematics.

"Park Junseo. Top in A-math and E-math."

Park Junseo. That's his name.