Chapter Sixteen

I'm Yours

 

 

Author’s note:

Since I was gone for a long time (I took a week-long hiatus), here is something for the Daragon shippers.

Make sure you check Se7en-oppa’s ‘When I can’t Sing’ kekeke

 


After TOP has sent Jiyong to comply with the doctor’s prescribed bed rest, the rest of Big Bang went to the girls’ dorm room. On their way, they heard music and Daesung readily remarked, “O! What’s that I hear? Isn’t that 2PM’s ‘Heartbeat’?” TOP gave an uninterested response at Daesung’s remark and knocked the moment they reached the door of 2NE1’s dorm room. The music was stopped and Minzy opened the door for them. “Aniyong, oppa,” Minzy greeted.

 

TOP peeked in and saw CL and Bom sprawled on the living room floor. “Busy?” he asked. It seemed that the girls were having another piece to perform as shown by the scattered music sheets in the room. CL only allow a messy environment if they are busy with something.

 

Minzy let the sunbaes inside and said, “Sort of. We were rehearsing songs.” CL and Bom greeted the guys while picking up the music sheets and placed them on the coffee table.

 

“For what?,” Daesung asked as he and the other guys sat down on the couches and made themselves at home. As far as they knew, there were no other songs made for 2NE1 that season because they just released their album. CL and Bom sat with Minzy and CL said, “It’s for Dara-unnie’s drama series. We have two songs to rehearse, ‘Heartbeat’ and an original.”

 

“About Dara’s drama, I’ve been hearing a lot of good comments about it. Even my co-stars seem to like the concept for it.” TOP said. Daesung nodded in agreement and said, “The main cast is star-studded. Even the production staff is filled with veterans in the industry. It’s no wonder that they’ll be a big hit.”

 

TOP looked at Daesung and asked jokingly, “Why? Are you nervous about the ratings of your own series?”

 

“Why would I be?” Daesung blurted out pompously. “I’m still the face of Big Bang, so I’m confident that people will still watch my series.”

 

Seungri swiftly countered and said, “Your drama will be finished by the time the new drama will be aired, won’t it?” This led to series of laughter from the people in the room. Bom quickly regained herself and said, “By the way, why are you here? Shouldn’t you be with Jiyong right now?”

 

“The doctor advised him to rest, so we sent him to his bed.” TOP replied. “Anyways, the reason we are here is because I’ve come with a brilliant idea. Since I figured that we will all be free tomorrow, why won’t we have a small party, just us?”

 

Minzy looked interested and excited while CL looked very hesitant. “I don’t know. We’ve only got five days before the rehearsal and pre-recording with JYP talents, and besides that, we still have our individual schedules.” CL said. Minzy’s shoulders drooped because she thought it sounded like a good idea. It has been awhile since they have hung out like that and they’ll all be busy after tomorrow. Minzy’s heart sang when CL said, “Let’s ask Dara-unnie first. After all, she’s the one in charge of the schedules.”

 

Taeyang sensed that Dara must be asleep and said, “Is she still asleep? She must be really tired.”

 

“No, no. I’m here,” said Dara who has just emerged from her room. She took a seat between Minzy and Bom. “What’s going on here?”

 

Minzy grabbed her arm lovingly and said, “TOP-oppa wanted to ask us if we want to have a little party with them.” She hoped Dara would be lenient enough to let them have the party. Dara looked at Minzy who was grinning widely and turned to TOP and Daesung. “Won’t you have a shoot tomorrow?” she asked.

 

Daesung shook his head and said, “Shooting was cancelled for both of us so we are given three-day break. We just thought it would be fun to hang out since we’ll all be free tomorrow. Well, sort of. At least, when the night comes, that is.”

 

Dara looked at CL and CL shrugged as she said, “I’ll say yes if you agree. It would be awesome if you’ll say yes.” Dara looked shocked. Normally, CL is the one who’s a firm follower of the schedule and the least in the bunch to goof off, but there she was almost coaxing Dara to say yes. Dara turned to Bom who was silent at that time and Bom’s face showed assent to the plans of the boys. Finally, Dara said, “Fine. I actually think it’s a good idea. The next few days will be toxic for all us and I don’t think it’s bad to relax once in awhile.”

 

The maknaes, Seungri and Minzy, gave a loud hoot. They then planned the theme for the mini-party and decided on what food or drinks they’ll be having. Everyone was participating except for Taeyang, who became all silent after Dara came in the living room.

 

Taeyang was fascinated how Dara can look so fresh, alluring and almost perfect with the fact that she just woke up. Even though he lived with boys most of his life, he has an idea that some people find it a drag to see their faces when they woke up because they either look like they were high or their bed has an automatic makeover function that leaves the person looking disheveled. Taeyang had seen his TOP-hyung battle that problem for years. But with his Dara-noona…it seemed impossible for her to look bad. She must be a goddess, Taeyang concluded. He finally came to his senses when Bom threw a rolled piece of paper at him and said, “Ya, Youngbae-ah. I know I’m oozing with prettiness but you’ve got to stop staring at me like that.”

 

TOP chuckled and said, “He was just figuring out why you have a face like an alien.” Bom turned to TOP and laughed back. “How can he not know? He lived with you for a longer time. You look more like an alien to me.” Bom said. They went on bickering on who looks more like an alien, which is a typical TOP-Bom interaction, so Taeyang excused himself and went to the kitchen to drink some water. And as he left, he caught Seungri looking at him then at Dara and finally giving a mischievous smile that says I saw that…Hohoho.

 

From the kitchen, Taeyang can still hear the eldest in each group throw jokes at each other’s expense while the rest were just laughing at their antics. What worried him though was Seungri’s look. Taeyang felt he was caught off guard by their playful maknae. He gulped a glass of water and thought, Ah! Seungri sure knows how to make us worry.

 

Taeyang was startled when Dara came in the kitchen and asked him, “You okay there?” He nodded but didn’t say anything. Taeyang just continued to watch Dara as she got herself a bowl of food and started munching. Taeyang sat across Dara and said, “Haven’t you had lunch, noona? It’s already afternoon.”

Dara swallowed and said, “CL didn’t wake me up for lunch so I would have to eat late. Better late than never!” She offered some food to Taeyang but he refused. “I’ve had my lunch already. Thanks.” he said.

 

While Dara was eating, Taeyang can’t help but remember how he got ‘rejected’ by Dara. Not only once, but twice. The first one was when he and Jiyong were still on their teens and Dara was a new trainee. He tried to confess but he was so nervous, he did his confession on the phone. Taeyang knew it seemed childish, but he just can’t say it face-to-face with Dara. Dara didn’t discuss it on the phone but promised to talk about it when they see each other again the next day. They did, and Dara told him she only liked him as her dongsaeng. But what hurt Taeyang most was the incident during the first YG Family Concert in Korea in 2011. It was when he overheard Dara saying that she already got a man. He doesn’t even know who the hell that was, but he believed her. And it hurt him so much he didn’t dare to ask who it was.

 

Dara noticed that Taeyang was not himself so she asked, “Are you sure you’re okay? You look spaced-out.”  Taeyang nodded and assured Dara he’s fine. Dara then continued to eat her lunch and when she was finished, she and Taeyang came back to the living room to discuss with the others about the party they’ll be having tomorrow.

 


The preparation for the party started early in the morning. Bom, CL, Daesung and TOP went in the market to buy food to be cooked while Minzy, Dara, Taeyang and Seungri went to get party favors. Jiyong was left in the dorm room by himself. As far as the others know, Jiyong was busy trying to compose songs for the album. When they all have arrived at the dorm, the girls were in charge of the cooking while the guys arranged living room so they could all fit. They plan to have a noraebang while eating.

 

When it was almost afternoon, Jiyong, Taeyang and Seungri all prepared to left. Taeyang and Jiyong was already on Taeyang’s car when Seungri caught up to them and said, “Hyung, I need a ride.”

 

“Why? You have your own car.” Taeyang asked.

 

“I figured that since we will all be in YG Headquarters—“

 

“Wait!” Jiyong exclaimed. “I thought you have an interview?”

 

Seungri opened the door and went inside the car. “Yeah, I’ll be having my interview there.” Taeyang hesitantly started the car and drove out of the building. When they are nearing the YG Building, Jiyong said, “Ya, Seungri. What is your interview about?” Taeyang and Jiyong exchanged a worried look and silently hoped it won’t be about them.

 

Seungri smiled slyly and said, “I can’t tell you. It’s a secret.”