Chapter Se7enteen

I'm Yours

 

Author's Note:

Have you guessed who the mystery suitor is? <*insert evil laugh*> Don't worry. Hints about him will be dropped every chapter. And some have already guessed who he is so...LOL. Anyways, if you're a subscriber of this fic, add me as a friend. Coz the time that this ends, you'll be given a bonus.

Subscriber: Aigoo, another secret!

Yes, I love secrets!!! <*another evil laugh*>



 

“And why the hell not?” Taeyang asked Seungri the moment they got off his car. Seungri only smiled demurely and rushed to the elevator. Jiyong and Taeyang exchanged a look and caught up with Seungri. Jiyong placed his arm around Seungri’s shoulder and said, “Ya, Seungri-ah. If we get in trouble because of that interview of yours, it will all be on you.”

 

Seungri scoffed and said, “This interview is approved by Yang-ssajangnim. So, relax a little bit, okay?”

 

Taeyang and Jiyong gave Seungri a skeptical look to which Seungri responded with an exasperated sigh. It seemed that the hyungs have already made up their minds about Seungri and his uncontrollable mouth. When the elevator came, they all boarded and Taeyang pressed the buttons for the floor where they need to go. The elevator door was about to close when they heard a voice telling them to wait so Seungri stopped the door from closing. They were all shocked when Ok Taecyeon of 2PM came in, panting. All of the had the same thoughts, What the heck is he doing here?

 

They greeted each other with a bow and Jiyong asked, “Which floor?” Taecyeon told him but it was already pressed and the Big Bang boys noticed that it was the floor for YG’s office. When the elevator ascended to the ground floor, they were in for another shock because another familiar face showed up. It was Lee Joon of MBLAQ. He also said the number for the floor of YG’s office and the Big Bang boys were getting suspicious by the minute. You can only know where YG’s office is situated if you have placed an appointment with him. Why in the world will Taecyeon and Joon place an appointment with Papa YG?

 

The elevator made no other stops and Seungri was the first one to go. He turned to Youngbae and said, “Don’t wait up. I’ll go straight to the dorm the moment we finish with the interview.” Taeyang nodded and he and Jiyong wished him good luck. Taeyang turned to Jiyong and asked him if he wanted a ride home. Jiyong cringed up his nose and said, “No. I think Yang-hyung will be giving a long sermon. You go ahead. I’ll have one of the service cars drive me back.”

 

Taeyang nodded and went out the next floor. That left Jiyong with Taecyeon and Joon. Jiyong wanted so badly to ask the two what they are doing in the YG Building but he thought it was rude so he just shut up. He’ll learn about it sooner or later.

 

They all left the elevator and went to YG’s office. The secretary saw them and let them sat on the couch as she informed Papa YG that he has guests. She called Jiyong’s name and Jiyong silently walked past the secretary and inside the office.

 

“Sit down.” Papa YG’s masculine yet with a funny accent voice echoed on the room. Jiyong obediently sat down on one of the couches and patiently waited for Papa YG to sit down across him. This will be a long talk. Jiyong thought.



 

Meanwhile, Taeyang was in one of the recording studios with Jinu and Sean. They were listening to the music for their collaboration, the last song for the JinuSean:Upgraded album. The music was revised more than a few times and Taeyang was satisfied with the end result. Taeyang gave a thumbs-up and said, “So, hyung, when will be the recording for this?”

 

“Tomorrow afternoon. I understand you’ve got dance practice in the morning.” Jinu said. Taeyang noticed that Sean seemed aloof to him. Most of the talking was done by his Jinu-hyung, and he thought it must be the nerves. Everyone in the YG family was working really hard for the comeback of the duo. Taeyang tried to lighten up the mood and said, “Hyung, how about we eat after this? There is this new restaurant in the corner.” Taeyang noticed that Sean’s eyes lowered and avoided his gaze.

 

“Sorry, Youngbae-ah. We’ve got an appointment after this…but we’ll definitely take the offer next time.” Jinu said with a sad smile. Taeyang understood and bade his goodbye. Everyone seemed so busy those days. And sad. And secretive. He was startled when Sean finally spoke and hugged him tight.

 

“Youngbae-ah, I want you to be strong, especially on the next days. Okay? Don’t let anyone change your feelings. If I were you, I will already make my move. I’m telling you this right now because if you don’t do something as soon as possible, you may lose the only thing that is missing in you.” Sean said while he hugged Taeyang. He finally let go and he and Jinu went to their next appointment. Taeyang was left in the recording room, obviously bewildered by his hyung’s actions. I’ll lose the one thing that is missing in me. Taeyang thought. What the heck does he mean by that?

 

He tried to brush it off as he walked to the elevator but it still bugged him. Taeyang thought of visiting Seungri and his interview but he backed out in the last second. The elevator just stopped on the parking lot floor when Sean’s words hit him. One thing that is missing…losing something that is not in my possession in the first place. Could it be… Dara? He stepped out and headed to his car.

 

Is Sean-hyung giving me a warning? The full realization of it hit him when he thought about Taecyeon and Joon being there in YG’s office. “There could be a lot of reasons, but why would Sean-hyung say that just now? Is it possible that Seungri knew something about this?” Taeyang murmured to himself. He quickly shook his head and thought that it was impossible. Seungri looked as puzzled as them when they saw Taecyeon and Joon awhile ago. He stopped on his tracks and said a little too loud, “Joon only chose Dara-noona as his ideal girlfriend because he thought Go Eun-ah was more of a sister and Taecyeon already chose Yoona, SO WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING HERE?!”

 

Taeyang froze when he saw Gummy staring at him. He bowed awkwardly as Gummy approached him. “Youngbae-ah, please don’t do that again. You can scare the crap out of people if you continue to do that.” Gummy said jokingly. Taeyang blushed at Gummy’s comment and they parted ways after having a small talk.



 

He could feel Jinu and Sean’s piercing stares bore holes through his body. He had only seen those stare when the duo is really concentrating in their music and frankly, it scared him. But he didn’t dare to lower his gaze. He knew he is being observed at that moment and he can’t be seen any sign of weakness or hesitation. But somehow his body refused to cooperate with him. His hair was sticking on his sweaty forehead and even his palms were sweating. He never felt so nervous in his whole life

 

“Are you really serious about her?” Jinu asked. Sean was preparing to take notes.

 

“Yes.” he replied. He thought his voice would quiver but surprisingly, it was firm and he was glad.

 

“Do you love her then?” Sean said.

 

“Yes.” He had waited for so long to say it to her. He never confessed to her though. He was too much of a pansy to tell her.

 

“Enough to leave your group mates? We know that one of your group mates, who is also a close friend of yours, also has feelings for her.” Sean said. “Are you willing to risk it all?”

 

His heart clenched upon hearing those words but he had already readied himself for questions like that. ”For me, Dara’s just not another pretty girl. She’s my happiness. The girl that pops into my mind whenever I hear a love song. The girl who’s hands I expect to hold in the future. She’s my life. She’s everything to me. And if I could live my life again, I would pray that both of us live normal lives, and not as idols, because I’m sure this is one reason you don’t like me for her. But idol or not, I’ll still pursue her. ”

 

“I know I look like a selfish jerk right now because I’m doing these despite knowing that my close friend loves the same girl. But since when love became perfect? I’m doing these because I love her. And I know sooner or later, I’ll have to fight for that love. I’ve kept my feelings to myself because of my friend, because of my group mates. I’ve lied to myself all these years, telling myself that all of my feelings for her will pass.  Don’t you think it’s time for me to come clean? I don’t mean for anyone to get hurt, but my answer to your question will be yes.”

 

Jinu and Sean seemed to be caught in a trance. The guy sure looked determined to pursue the girl of his dreams. Jinu and Sean looked at each other and had a meeting of minds. They decided to ask him one last question for their interview.

 

“For you, what is the color of love?”



 

 

While preparing for the party, the girls decided to practice their songs. T.O.P went inside the kitchen and said, “Ya! How come you’re spending more time to practice 2PM’s ‘Heartbeat’ than our ‘Last Farewell’?”

CL threw him a look and said, “Ya, oppa. There’s no use getting jealous and everything. You’ll still be the apple of our eyes. So let us practice, okay?” CL then turned to the dish she is cooking and shooed TOP away. The other girls gave a hearty laugh and continued singing.

 

TOP then came back to the living room with the guys and worked on the decorations. They were really giving an effort making the place look fun and happy. TOP nudged Daesung and said, “Ya, turn on the TV.” Daesung got the remote and turned the TV on. He let out a loud whoop when Seungri’s face came out. “Oh, that sneak! His interview is live…but wait, that looks like the interior of YG Building.” he exclaimed.

 

TOP and the girls crowded in front of the TV and watched curiously. They were all anticipating Seungri’s answer to the host’s question “Who’s your favorite among Big Bang and 2NE1?”

 

“That’s hard. I love them all but I guess I have to pick one. My favorite hyung is G-dragon and for 2NE1, I really like Dara-noona.” Seungri candidly answered. TOP chuckled and joked, “Ha! He’s definitely trying to score more parts in Ji’s compositions.” Bom made a face while saying, “The last time he said I was his favorite.” Dara chuckled and tried to console Bom.

 

“It’s because you ate his sandwich, noona.” Minzy said shyly. Bom tickled her mercilessly and only stopped when CL hushed the two of them. Apparently, the host for Entertainment Relay asked him another question. “If you could pair up someone in your company, who will it be?”

 

Seungri stopped to think and smiled mischievously before he answered, “TOP-hyung and Bom-noona. And maybe Youngbae-hyung with Dara-noona.” TOP, Bom and Dara blushed while Daesung, CL and Minzy gawked. The front door opened and Taeyang came in.

 

“I heard my name. Is Seungri already there?” he said. He saw the shock in the faces of the people and the room. He caught a glimpse of the scrolling headline in the TV and saw his name with Dara and he too, blushed. “That rat!” he murmured to himself. He suddenly felt right for being hard with their maknae earlier. Daesung switched the TV off and the girls from 2NE1 groaned. “Ya, oppa, we’re still watching!” Minzy exclaimed.

 

“Aigoo, what about the food then? Who will watch it?” Daesung said. Bom and Dara rushed to the kitchen while CL and Minzy followed them. Taeyang, TOP and Daesung looked at each other and had the same thought in their minds. Seungri will definitely have the hardest time of his life the moment he gets home.