Ride

For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since she knew that the upcoming weekend was going to be a particularly hot one, Mijoo arranged plans with her girlfriend to make a trip down to the beach together. For a day like this, there was really no place as satisfying as the seaside: the soft, warm sand crunching underneath their sandals, the clear, blue sky stretching out above them, and the cold, frothy waves of water that would provide the ultimate relief from the sweltering heat.

Mijoo packed half of the things they would need the night before, while Yein brought the other half (most importantly their lunch, which she had prepared herself). They met up at the younger girl's house briefly and eventually decided to leave for the beach after making sure that they had everything they would need. Yein followed Mijoo outside, ensuring that her door was locked before turning around to see that Mijoo's familiar blue car was nowhere in sight.

She cocked an eyebrow at her grinning girlfriend. "Where did you park?"

"My car's at the auto repair shop undergoing maintenance. I dropped it off this morning, and they said it was going to take a while."

"Wait - if you didn't drive, then how did you get here...and how are we supposed to get to the beach?"

"Don't worry babe, your Lee Mijoo is always prepared! Ta-da!" Mijoo gestured towards the side of Yein's house where their supposed ride was: a shoddy two-seater bicycle with chipped, glittery paint that Yein could've easily mistaken for a piece of junk someone was too lazy to drop off at a junkyard, if the older girl hadn't pointed out that it was their designated method of transportation for the trip. "It's cute, right? A ride fit for my favorite girl in the whole wide world!"

Yein was clearly nowhere near excited as Mijoo was but her blank expression nonetheless failed to deter her girlfriend, who took her bag from her to place into the front compartment of the 'bicycle'. She could've at least shared some form of her happiness if the thing didn't appear as if it would collapse and disintegrate into lead-ridden dust at any given second. "Where in the world did you get this from?" Yein couldn't help but ask.

"All that matters is that we have an economical ride to the beach!" Just as Yein suspected, Mijoo probably did drag it out of a junkyard somewhere nearby.

Yein's narrowed eyes flickered between the obviously dirt cheap contraption and Mijoo's annoyingly optimistic demeanor. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this..." She wasn't wrong for thinking this way since more than half of their plans never proceeded the way they intended (always because of Mijoo), and this trip was already going downhill.

"Lighten up! It's definitely going to be fun! Plus, it's environment-friendly and we can probably enjoy the view even more." Mijoo wasn't leaving any room for argument, so Yein simply gave in. Mijoo assisted her as she reluctantly climbed onto the ripped cushion behind her, and the bicycle let out a heavy creak strangely likening to a final, dying gasp. Silently, Yein prayed for both the safety of her girlfriend and herself.

 

 

"Can you believe how fast we're going on this thing? This was such a good idea!" Mijoo exclaimed as small trickles of perspiration began to crawl down her reddening face.

"Are you kidding me? We've only pedaled three yards away from my house!" Yein argued as she looked over her shoulder to see her ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter