Chapter 5 – The Confusion

Reminisce

“Congratulation, Hyuu~n. That was awesome.”

They hugged each other before he kissed her lips tenderly.

***

Seohyun bent her body a little and grabbed her head tightly.

“Ugh,” as she groaned slowly.

“Seohyun-ah, are you okay?” Yonghwa touched her shoulder worriedly.

“Aniyo, my head is spinning.”

“Let’s get out from here, maybe it’s too loud for you,” he guided her.

She nodded and followed him.

They sat next to each other outside the auditorium when he offered her a bottle of mineral water.

“Are you okay now?”

“De, I’m okay now,” she replied weakly.

“What was happening?”

“I remembered something. There was a scene flashed in my head, Oppa.”

“What did you see in that scene?”

“I was closing my performance with the audience clapped in satisfaction. You were also there and gave me my favorite mini-sunflowers afterwards in the dressing room. Then.. then..,” she looked at him hesitantly.

“Then what, Seohyun-ah?” he asked her worriedly.

“Then.. you kissed me,” she looked down on her lap shyly.

Both of her cheeks blushed in a shade of red.

“Yes, that’s right. That night.. I kissed you..”

There was silence enveloped them after his confirmation.

Seohyun lifted her face after a moment to meet Yonghwa’s gaze. He was looking at her with his sad smile before looked away to another direction.

“Is there anything else that you remember?” he broke the silence.

She shook her head sadly.

“It’s alright, you have made a good progress today, Seohyun-ah. Don’t force youself too hard,” he caressed her head gently.

She nodded slowly. It was really comforting to have his touch on hers.

“Let’s go home now, Seohyun-ah. It is been a long and tiring day.”

“But I haven’t met my friends yet,” she protested.

“We can meet them tomorrow. You need to take a rest for now or else your doctor will scold you again, okay?”

“But, Oppa, we are almost there. I managed to recall bits of my memory a moment ago. We just need to go to the backstage, say hi to my friends, and voila, I get my memory completely,” she spread her arms gleefully.

“Just don’t forget the groaning and crying part of your spinning head when your memories flood your head,” he slightly hit her forehead with his finger.

“Oppa~!” she rubbed her forehead as she pouted her lips.

“Come on, let’s go home now,” he urged her to stand up.

“Shiro!”

“Don’t be a spoiled brat, Seohyun-ah.”

Seohyun looked irritably at him, then continued, “Listen to me, Jung Yonghwa-ssi. First, I’m not being a spoiled brat. I’m just stating my point which is probably true. And for your information, I’m 26 years old this year. So, please don’t treat me like a child."

“Fine by me, I won’t treat you like a child from now on,” Yonghwa responded with an amused tone, ”But please act like lady. Don’t whine to me like a 10 years old girl asking for a lollipop.”

She crossed her arms and stayed root at her place. She was so upset by his statement.

“Arraseo arraseo, I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah. I won’t tease you anymore. But I’m serious here about you need to take a rest for tonight. I worry about your health. Do you understand me?”

“Okay, I forgive you for now. But I need to go to the restroom first before we get going.”

“I will bring you there,” he started to help her to stand up.

“Should we argue again? Just wait for me in the car, Oppa,” she challenged him.

He flashed his mischievous smile and replied, “I will wait you here.”

She shook her head a little as she walked slowly to the restroom.

‘Silly oppa’

***

“Did you see Seohyun at the show?”

Seohyun heard someone talked when she was inside one of the restroom stalls. She saw two pairs of shoes stood back-facing her door.

‘They know me? Thanks God I finally find my friends’, she said inwardly and stood up to meet them.

“De, I think she came to watch our performance with a man before. Is he her boyfriend?”

“I don’t think so. She always said that she has not thought to have any personal relationship before she became a great musical actress.”

“Tch, such an arrogant woman,” the other woman commented.

“Yes, she always get overconfident of herself.”

Seohyun decided to sat back on the top of the toilet cover and listened carefully to their conversation.

“What do you think she was doing here with her condition? Did she meet the musical director again?”

“I don’t know. She is so annoying, isn’t she? She has not fully recovered but already begged to perform again.”

“Yes, that’s right. She would do anything to get the leading role on each show, even she begged the director’s attention shamlessly. I really don’t want to talk bad about her but I heard that she threw herself to him for her last role.”

Seohyun closed with both hands and tried to suppress her gasp.

“Eww.. How low can she be actually? I’m sick of her.”

“Me too.”

Seohyun stayed inside for more minutes after they went out. She couldn’t believe what she heard just now.

She looked at the mirror and asked her reflection, “What kind of person are you, Seo Joohyun-ssi?”

***

Yonghwa was leaning on the wall near the restroom area when Seohyun came out.

“Are you okay, Seohyun-ah? Why are you taking so long?” he approached to her side.

“O-oh I had an upset stomach minutes ago. But it’s okay now,” she replied listlessly.

“Are you sure? You don’t sound good to me.”

“De, Oppa. There’s nothing to worry about.”

She patted his shoulder softly and walked ahead of him to the parking lot.

***

Seohyun was unusually quiet all the way home.

‘Was I transforming into a bad person this past six years?’ she thought inwardly.

She was busied with her thought when Yonghwa suddenly tapped her shoulder.

“Seohyun-ah, are you listening to me?”

“O-oh, mianheyo, Oppa. Where were we?” she stuttered.

“Is that something wrong? What are you thinking?” he asked her.

“Nothing, Oppa. There wasn’t anything wrong,” she lied.

“You are so obvious, do you know that? Come on, what is it?” he tried to again.

Instead of answering his question, she asked him another question.

“Oppa, what kind of person was I when you met me here five years ago?”

Surprised by her question, he turned his head a little toward her. Then he saw confusion in her eyes.

“Let’s stop our mission for today, Seohyun-ah,” he told her calmly as he focused his sight back on the street.

“You have promised me, Oppa.”

“Do you want to take a walk alongside of the Han River now?”

“Huh?”

“Let’s breath some fresh air before we get home.”

***

Yonghwa guided her to sit on a bench at the side of the famous Han River.

“I forget that it is seriously difficult to have a night stroll with you and your crutch. Let’s pray that I won’t need to carry you back to the car later, because you must be heavy.”

“Oppa~! Can you stop teasing me?” Seohyun slapped his arm.

He just chuckled and sat next to her.

“Well?” she waited to his answer.

“What is it you want to know, Seohyun-ah?” he looked straightly to the river.

“Everything. All the things you know about me. What kind of person was I? What kind of life did I have? What did actually happen five years ago? What did I do till you decided to leave me behind?”

“It was you.”

“Me? What did I do?” she stared at him confusedly.

“It was you who left me behind. It was not me,” he finally told her.

Seohyun froze at her spot as the she heard it. But suddenly something flashed again in her head. She blinked her eyes repeatedly to clear her head out.

“That makes no sense,” she whispered to herself and asked him another question, “Do you know why did I do that?”

“I have told you that it’s difficult to explain our situation at that time.”

“Try me,” she challenged him.

He let out a deep sigh, “It has been almost one year since you moved to Seoul, when it happened. That night I went to watch your musical performance for the second time and we met at your dressing room after the show ended. I thought I don’t need to tell you the detail of that matter since you have remembered it already.”

She tried very hard to focus on the story because her head started spinning harder than before in the theater.

“What did happen next?”

“Then we went to walk alongside this river afterwards. Tried to catch up on our lives. But our lack of communication for months led us to fight. We started arguing even yelling at each other. We accused--”

Seohyun heard his voice faintly disappeared as her mind went blank and she fell to the ground.

“Seohyun-ah!!”

Yonghwa frantically carried her to the car and accelerated to the hospital.

‘Please God, don’t let anything happen to her!’


Author's note:

Sunshine, where are you?

Sorry for short and boring chapter. I was a little short of ideas.

Moreover, this chapter was more exploring of Seohyun’s side. So we only had small glimpses of Yonghwa’s. I hope it didn’t disappoint you.

Thank you so much for your supports: comments, subscribers, and readers. It really gives me so much motivations to update this story as soon as I can.

Enjoy the story and see you on the next update :)

- minikittybdg -