Chapter 1 – The Forgotten

Reminisce

February 9th, 2010 - Busan

“Beautiful flower for beautiful girl,” Yonghwa placed a bouquet of mini-sunflowers in front of Seohyun while encircled his other hand around her waist and hugged her from behind.

“Oppa~,” she squealed happily and received the bouquet, “Thank you for coming.”

“Of course I’m coming. It’s my girlfriend’s graduation day. Congratulation, Hyuu~n. Hope you’ll find a wonderful years ahead and achieve your dream as a musical actress,” he wished her a good luck for the future.

“Gomawoyo, Oppa,” she turned around and hugged him warmly.

Yonghwa and Seohyun have been a couple for two years since he confessed to her in his graduation day. He first saw her in the musical played at their high-school festival. She was in her first year when he was in his last year.

He started to get to know and befriend with her after the festival end. It needed almost a year to court her until she finally agreed to become his girlfriend. They were very happy back then.

They went on a date every weekend. They went eating, watching movies, shopping, or just sitting side-by-side at the beach while sinking their feet into the sand. It always fun to spend your time with your beloved one.

***

April 7th, 2010

*Ting tong.. Ting tong..*

Someone rang his apartment bell.

“Wait a minute,” Yonghwa answered and walked to the front door.

“Oppa!!” Seohyun jumped to hug him as soon as he opened the door.

“Whoa..whoa..,” he tried to balance their bodies, “What are you doing here early in the morning? This is quite far from your dorm you know.”

“Ipassedmylastaudition,” she was so excited that she tell him in one breath.

“Huh? What is it, Hyun? I don’t get it. Take a deep breath and try to explain it slowly,” he put her down and waited her to calm herself.

“I..passed..my..audition.., Oppa!”

“Really?”

“De, I am accepted in my favorite theater group. They contacted me this morning,” she smiled brightly to him.

“Oh my God! Congratulation, Hyuu~n. I’m so happy for you,” he spun her around before put her down and led her in, “Come on in. I’ll get ready as fast as I can then we will celebrate it today all around Busan.”

Yeaaa~yyy. Gomawoyo, Oppa~”

Later that day, he learned that Seohyun’s theater group was based in Seoul and she would move there at the end of May. It was their first separation for a long time with such a long distance. The situation bothered him a little, but he believed in their love would withstand the obstacle and became stronger in the end.

***

January 20th, 2016 - Seoul

“YONG OPPAA..!!” Seohyun screamed out on her bed.

“Oh my God, Agassi, you are awake,” a middle-aged woman rushed to her side and pushed the nurse button immediately.

“Where am I?” Seohyun observed her surrounding. There were several machines and IV tube attached on her, and she could not move her right leg.

“You are in the hospital, Agassi,” the woman answered her.

“Why?” she asked but got interrupted by the doctor.

“How is her condition, Doctor?” asked the woman after he finished to check on Seohyun’s condition.

“Her vital signs are stable, so we will remove the supporting machines now. Then we will run a complete medical test tomorrow,” the doctor explained to the woman.

Then he turned to Seohyun, “Please have a good rest for now. I will check on you again in the morning. Get well soon, Seohyun-ssi, and good night.”

“That’s a relief. Thank you so much, Doctor,” the woman bowed politely as the doctor went out from the room.

“How do you feel, Agassi?” the woman asked her.

“I feel sore and pain all over my body especially on my right leg. But what was actually happened to me?” Seohyun replied.

“You had a car accident two days ago while you were on your way to the musical rehearsal. Your car slipped in the highway and jumped out of the way then hit a tree. You were unconscious when you were brought here. I really worried about you, Agassi. Thanks God, you are awake now.”

Seohyun couldn’t say anything for a moment before she continued, “Thank you so much for taking care of me, Ma’am. But if I may know, who are you?”

“Huh? I’m Mrs.Kim, Agassi, your apartment caretaker. You didn’t remember me?” Mrs.Kim looked puzzle.

She shook her head, “I’m really sorry, Mrs.Kim, but I really cannot remember anything right now. Maybe it’s because the accident. I think we must wait for the medical test result tomorrow.”

“De, Agassi. Please have a rest now,” Mrs.Kim said while fixing Seohyun’s blanket.

“Thank you so much, Mrs.Kim.”

***

January 31st, 2016

It had been two weeks since the accident. Seohyun had finished her recovery program in the hospital and returned to her apartment three days ago. But she still used a cast on her right leg, so that she needed a crutch to help her walk. Overall, her physical condition made a really good development.

However she was diagnosed with ‘Anterograde Amnesia’, which was a partial memory loss if someone lost her recent memories after a particular event. In her case, she lost her memories since she moved to Seoul six years ago.

The last thing she remember was her farewell dinner with her boyfriend, Yonghwa. And to her disappointment, he had not contacted her yet.

“Are you sure that my boyfriend never come to this apartment, Ahjummoni?” she had been asking Mrs.Kim that question so many times.

“De, Agassi. You rarely brought your friends here, moreover a man on that case. I think you should call him first rather than waiting for him to call you,” Mrs.Kim suggested.

“I have done that for hundred times, but his number was inactive. I wonder what he was up to, till he need to turn off his phone,” she lay herself down on the bed before she sat up abruptly and call Mrs.Kim to her bedroom.

“What’s wrong, Agassi? Is there anything you need?”

“Please help me to pack my clothes and other stuff in that yellow luggage,” she ordered while rummaging her wardrobe.

“Where will you go, Agassi? The doctor said that you still need take a proper rest at home, and your manager has canceled all your schedules for three months,” Mrs.Kim stopped her.

“I will go to Busan to meet my boyfriend there. I won’t take long, just need to check if he is okay or not. I’m getting worried about him. Besides, I really miss him, Ahjummoni. I promised I will take care myself ve~ry carefully, okay?” she whined and pleaded to Mrs.Kim.

“Arraseo. But promised me you will walk carefully, no running around, and will not skip your meal. And don’t forget to take your medicine. Ah, one more thing, please inform me your condition regularly. Do you understand me, Agassi?”

“Aye aye, Captain!” she saluted and hugged Mrs.Kim tightly while the latter patted her hair lovingly.

Then Seohyun got back to rummage her wardrobe again, “Ewww.. What is wrong with my taste of fashion? Why are there only y dresses and high heels here? Ugh. Where is my T-shirt, jeans, and flats?”

Mrs.Kim just shook her head slightly at Seohyun’s grumble.

Yes, Seohyun had changed personality since the accident from a y woman into a cute little girl. She changed her cold gesture into a warm hug. She said that she only remember her 20 years old self, so she behaved like one. She even asked Mrs.Kim, her manager, doctors, and nurses to sign the cast on her leg.

Mrs.Kim was so happy to see this changes for good. The only thing Mrs.Kim worried about was her boyfriend, who had never been mentioned or seen before the accident.

‘Let’s hope she will meet him in Busan.’

***

February 1st, 2016

‘Aish.. Why is it so difficult to use a crutch and drag a luggage at the same time? Hufft, I’m so tired,’ she mumbled silently outside of Yonghwa’s apartment.

She went to Busan by a morning train from Seoul with the help of her manager to drop her off at the station. Then she took a cab to this apartment and dragged her luggage forcefully to Yonghwa’s front door.

She fixed herself for awhile before rang the bell repeatedly.

*Ting tong.. Ting tong.. Ting tong..*

“Arraseo.. arraseo.. Wait a minute please,” she heard Yonghwa’s voice and running steps to the front door.

“Oppa!!” Seohyun jumped to hug him as soon as he opened the door.

Yonghwa stumbled a little to catch her, “Seohyun??”

He put her down immediately and took one step back from her.

“Yes, it’s me Seohyun,” he stood still, looked like he has seen a ghost, “Surprise..?”

But, he still didn’t budge or blink his eyes yet.

“Oppa~, what’s wrong with you?” she waved her hand in front of his face.

That brought his conscious back, “Ah, I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah. I’m just not expecting you’ll come to my apartment.. again.”

“Why not?” she tilted her head, but got interrupted by the sound of a woman from inside.

“Who is that, Oppa?” a petite woman came out and held his arm while looking at Seohyun.

Seohyun just stared at them blankly. Suddenly her eyes became teary.

“Oh, this is my friend, Seohyun. Seohyun, this is Choa, my fiance,” he introduced the woman to Seohyun.

That was her cue to start crying and running away from that place. But her right leg failed her, so she fell down after a few steps.

Yonghwa rushed to help her stand up with her crutch.

“Why, Oppa, why? Why do you do this to me?” Seohyun cried louder as she covered her face with her hands.

“I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah, but–-”

“Oppa, please be honest to me. Do you still love me? If you don’t, just break up with me but don’t cheat on me,” she looked straight to his eyes, waited for his answer.

“Seohyun-ah, we have broken up.. five years ago..”


Author's note:

Blank~

I’m sorry I really don’t know what to write on this chapter’s note.

Just enjoy the story and keep on believing, everyone~!! #YSIR

And please inspire me with your comments, see you on the next update :)

- minikittybdg -