THIRTY - NINE

Moments of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: This is part 2 of a double update. So if you haven't yet,  go back and read the previous chapter :)

 

Earlier, 2ne1 was hanging out with WinKon in one of the training rooms. The boys were showing off for their noonas. Doing dance battles sing-offs, and just acting cute.
 

The girls were laughing hard at their antics but Dara was thankful for the pleasant distraction. She and Jiyong spent a quiet night contemplating the things they talked about. They made plans to meet up later in the day after 2ne1's meeting and Big Bang's recording. 
 

The meeting has ended but surprisingly, all girls decided to spend some time in the company with their dongsaengs. They found Winner and iKon choreographing a dance for their proposed collaboration.
 

"We just want everything ready, noona." Seungyoon told Dara, when she asked if the song was already approved. "We already have concepts and MV ideas in mind."
 

"They practically have the whole marketing plan done." Mino confided.
 

"We just really really want to make this work." Seunyoon defended himself.
 

Mino raised his hands, "I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm actually impressed. And thankful for all your efforts. This is going to be so awesome!"
 

"We just have to get Sajangnim to agree first." Hanbin reminded him, quickly deflating the excitement Mino's statement stirred.
 

"You're going to be great!" Bom assured the boys. "So you're already choreographing?"
 

"Not really." Seunghoon answered. "We're just playing with some different styles and getting familiar with each other's specialties first so we can maximize our strengths once we actually choreograph."
 

CL nodded as she smiled proudly. 
 

"CL unnie looks like a proud mommy." Minzy teased.
 

"Well, I am." CL answered. She turned towards the boys. "You know we'll support you fully, right?"
 

"Maybe 2ne1 can star in our MV." Chanwoo shyly suggested.
 

"That would be so cool!" Bobby grinned. 
 

"I'm game." Dara told the boys. 
 

"Me too." Minzy added.
 

"Of course, as long as you provide corn on set, I'll be there." Bom assured them.
 

Everyone turned to Chaerin, batting their eyes at her, silently begging her to agree. "Aisht. These boys, as long as sajangnim agrees of course we'll be there." As the boys cheered, she turned to her members. "What's with the aegyo? I didn't need to see that."
 

"Aww, come on Chaerin." Bom slung a hand over her shoulders. "You know you love us."
 

"I do. I just don't need to see your aegyo." she joked.
 

As they all started throwing around concepts for the MV and how the 2ne1 girls could be involved, Dara stood up and rummaged through her bag. Successfully finding her charger, she looked around the sockets and found them all full.
 

"Do you want to charge, noona?" Jinwoo asked. "You can charge here. I'm done anyway."
 

"No, no. That's fine." Dara shook her head. "I'll just plug my phone in the other room." She tried pushing the retractable walls but it wouldn't budge.
 

"It might be locked from the other side, noona." Jinhwan commented. "I'll open the door for you."
 

Dara grabbed his arm. "No. I can do it." She shushed his protests and smiled at him warmly. "I'll just go in through the door in the hallway, retract the walls then we can all be together again, right?"
 

"If you're sure." Jinhwan was still a little reluctant to agree.
 

"I am. Sheesh. I'm not a baby, guys. I won't get lost." 
 

When she was finally allowed to leave the room, Dara entered the next room and flipped the lock stopping the wall from being retracted. She started to push the wall when her phone gave another beep indicating that it was dying. She gave a half-hearted push at the wall before rushing towards the socket and plugging her charger. 
 

She sat down with her legs crossed as she replied to Jiyong's texts. She told him that she's charging her phone and might not be able to respond immediately since the juniors are very clingy and won't even let her go out of the room.
 

Jiyong responded saying that he was satisfied the WinKon was looking after her. They exchanged a few more messages after that. Dara was giggling at Jiyong's teasing when the door to the training room opened with a bang.

 


___________________________________


 

Jiyong announced a break after hours of recording. They've been at it since 7:00am since TOP called everyone at 4:00am claiming he had just received some major inspiration and they should get to work before the gift of inspiration dissipates.
 

They all grumbled but at the end of the day, or the very start of it, you can't really argue with TOP unless you want to suffer dire, dire consequences. Thankfully, TOP's sudden inspiration was still in full force as the rest of them arrived at the studio. And true to his word, thanks to TOP, they've been making so much progress all morning.
 

He smiled giddily as he read Dara's last message. Seungri sat next to him, trying to read his messages. "Is that, noona?"
 

Jiyong just rolled his eyes. Because, who else could it be?
 

"I miss her." Seungri stated. 
 

"They're hanging out with WinKon." Youngbae shared. "I saw Chanwoo and Donghyuk when I went to get drinks, they've been ordered by their hyungs to get drinks for their guests."
 

"We should totally visit them." Seungri suggested. 
 

"We should totally continue working." TOP told him sternly. "I don't know until when my mojo will last."
 

"B-but.. We've been here since dawn!" Seungri protested. 
 

TOP was going to say no but Jiyong interjected. "Come on, hyung. Maknae's right."
 

"But my inspiration.." TOP whined unbecomingly.
 

"You can get another sort of inspiration from Bom noona." Youngbae suggested as he passed by where TOP was seated.
 

"OHMYGAHD!" Daesung screeched. "Youngbae hyung. What's gotten into you? I'm so shocked."
 

"Maybe he got the same kind of inspiration from Hyorin." Jiyong commented. "And before you say it, of course I'm always game for some Dara-spiration. That's like the best kind."
 

"Ugh. The cheese." Seungri shook his head as he exited recording studio. 
 

Big Bang made their way to the practice rooms and entered the one currently occupied by Winner, iKon and 2ne1.
 

"Where's Dara noona?" Seungri asked.
 

"What he said." Jiyong added.
 

"We're fine. Thank you for asking." Bom replied sarcastically.
 

"Don't mind them, babe. They've been mean to me too." TOP tattled as he sat down next to Bom.
 

"Noona's charging her phone - "
 

A loud noise interrupted Yunhyeong's words and everyone's heads turned towards the adjacent training room in panic. 
 

"Dara noona's there." Jinwoo whispered.
 

They all lurched to their feet and rushed towards the retractable wall which, now that they're closer, they could see wasn't closed all the way.

"Why the weren't you wearing a mask?" The loud demand pushed them into action, pushing the wall fully but both occupants of the room were oblivious of their presence.  "This scandal has just jeopardized about half your endorsements! You know you have a morality clause!"

 

"I did nothing wrong." They heard Sandara defend herself.
 

They were all frozen in place at their usually stoic and composed CEO's next actions. He kept shouting at Dara and he got in her face waving a bunch of papers.
 

That spurred Jiyong into action. He threw himself in between the two, pushing Dara behind him as he told YG to back off.
 

They saw YG take a step back in surprise and look around at their shocked faces. Jiyong took the opportunity to check on Dara, wiping her tears away. He hugged her to him ash she kept repeating, "I did nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong." Jiyong hugged her tighter, whispering assurances in her ear.
 

"What is this?" Jiyong asked, the anger in his voice tightly reined.
 

"I was having a discussion with my artist about a possible breach of contact." YG answered firmly. 
 

"That's no reason to shout at her like that." Jiyong insisted. And some of the younger artists woke up from their shock to be impressed with Jiyong's daring.
 

"I'm assuming you haven't seen the news then."
 

"I don't give a whatever those bastards make up again - "
 

YG cut him off. "Oh you should. Especially since this now involves everyone." He faced his artists and continued calmly. "Because of Sandara, netizens are demanding a boycott. Of all YG artists." He paused taking in their dismayed expressions. "That means even if I approve Winner and iKon's collaboration, yes I know about what you're working on, all your hard would be for nothing. Big Bang's comeback? Don't even bother. And Bom, can you really afford another long hiatus?"
 

"Come on hyung." TOP stepped forward. "Whatever it is. It can't be that bad."
 

"Oh it is." YG tossed the papers towards TOP. "YG Family is being vilified for hiding Sandara's promiscuity behind a pure and angelic image."
 

"Sajangnim!" CL couldn't stop herself. She respects Yang Hyun Suk more than anything but she also can't stand listening to him say such garbage about Dara.
 

"I stayed quiet and supported you all throughout your scandal, but Sandara, it's one after another with you." He took a deep breath. "I gave you opportunities and this is what you do? You thank me by bringing scandal after scandal at my door?!"
 

"Don't you mean you brought her scandal after scandal?" Jiyong asked him angrily.
 

"Kwon Jiyong - "
 

"Don't Kwon Jiyong me! I heard you yesterday! I heard everything you did. I heard you admit everything!" His eyes never left Hyun Suk's."I was ready to just shut up about it because she asked me to. She asked me to let her handle it and I agreed because despite what you think of me, I don't always go off half-cocked. But this. This is too much."
 

"This scandal is-"
 

"You've covered up worse!" Jiyong cut him off. "You've defended each one of us. You've stopped news agencies from printing out stuff before. Why not now? When you caused all this in the first place?"
 

"What does that mean?" TOP asked. He finished reading the article and has passed it on to the others but he was having a hard time following Jiyong's words.
 

"It means, he set it all up. He planned everything from the very start."
 

"WHAT?" Seungri asked. "But Jeju.. The launch.."
 

"Yep. He did all that." Jiyong turned back to YG. "You did all that knowing what it would do to Dara. Not knowing how everything would actually work out. You pretended to stand by her as she cried when all you cared about was the money you would get from all the opportunities her pairing with Jaejoong has been bringing you. And you would have kept on doing it if Jaejoong hyung didn't find out."
 

"That was business." YG said firmly.
 

"But we aren't. We're people." Jiyong countered. "People who trusted you."
 

Hyun Suk remained silent, not knowing what to say since they had an audience.
 

Jiyong waited for him to speak but when no words were forthcoming, he put his arm around Dara and led her away. "We're leaving." 
 

The rest of the idols watched the two walk away. The door closing caused Bom to move forward and pick up Dara's phone. She turned towards YG, with tears in her eyes. "I don't know the full story but I'm with Dara. I know Dara and so do you. She's given you everything. We all have. If you want to put me in another hiatus. then I will respect your decision. It's just business after all, isn't it?" She looked at him sadly. "I guess I thought we were more than money makers for you. We are YG Family after all." With that she left the room. Minzy and CL soon followed, silently declaring their support for Dara.
 

The juniors couldn't move. They were all shocked by the incident, scared they will actually be boycotted, worried about their noona and wondering if they would still have careers after this.
 

Youngbae nudged Mino, "Go get the girls' stuff."
 

At his words, Winner and iKon rushed back inside the first training room to get 2ne1's bags and out the door, desperate to escape the tension.
 

Hyun Suk looked at the remaining boys. They're men now, he reminded himself. These boys practically grew up with him. He raised them almost as much as he raised YG Entertainment. He couldn't stand the look of disappoint in their eyes.
 

"You asked me to protect her. To be there for her." Seungri finally spoke. "Do you know how much she cried when you first told us about Jeju? Do you know how much I cried with her? For her? You asked me to make sure she doesn't get hurt. You didn't tell me I should have been protecting her from you." With those words, he also left the room.

 

Youngbae and Daesung followed him. TOP remained behind to say his own piece. "I've always respected you. I love you like a father and aspired to be someone like you. Not today." He shook his head. "This could have been handled better."
 

Yang Hyun Suk watched as the door closed behind TOP. He stared at the empty room and wondered how things could go wrong so quickly.


_____________________________

 

 

Jiyong ushered a crying Dara out of the building with Park Bom, Lee Chaerin and Gong Minji trailing behind the two of them.
 

"Jiyong." Bom called out. "I'm in five-inch heels, you idiot! Stop!"
 

"Sorry, noona." Jiyong stopped walking so that Bom, Minzy and CL could catch up to them.
 

"Here." Bom handed Jiyong Dara's phone with the charger still connected. She then grabbed Dara and pulled her in for a hug.
 

"I'm sorry." Dara whispered. "I'm sorry to drag you all into this. I'm sorry."
 

"Shut up, you ahjumma." Bom answered fiercely.
 

"I didn't mean to." Dara continued. "I wasn't doing anything wrong but they.."
 

"Dara. Stop. I'm serious." Bom pulled away a bit so that she was staring at Dara's face. "Now listen to me. Listen to me well. It's not your fault. No matter what they say, it's not your fault."
 

"But-"
 

"I'm not done yet." Bom glared at her. "Don't blame yourself. The public will hate us or they won't. We'll deal with it. Remember my scandal? What did you tell me?"
 

Dara smiled reluctantly. "That people will keep talking no matter what but we know the truth and that's what counts."
 

"Exactly." Bom beamed. "You guys never blamed me for the enforced hiatus because of my scandal. We won't blame you whatever happens. We will support you through this. We will love you through this. We will get you through this. Understood?"
 

Dara laughed even as tears were streaming down her face. "Yes, ma'am."
 

"And don't call me, ma'am." With that Bom pulled her again in a hug. This time, CL and Minzy joined in. Assuring Dara that they felt the same way Bom does. That 2ne1 will deal with together fourever.
 

Jiyong was looking at the tableau with a small smile when Winner and iKon caught up to them followed by the rest of Big Bang.
 

"Noona." Seungri approached the hugging girls and surprised everyone by bursting out in tears. Dara disentangled herself from the 2ne1 group hug and hugged her baby panda.
 

"Why are you crying? I'm the one who's supposed to be crying." Dara patted his back as he cried. "I'm okay, Seungri-yah. I promise. I'll be okay. I've got my girls with me.."
 

"And me." Jiyong piped up.
 

Followed by more "and me's" as each male in the area offered his support.
 

Dara smiled at them gratefully. "See, I've got my girls and my boys with me. There's no reason not to be okay. I've got you too, right?"
 

"Of course." Seungri sniffled. "I just can't believe he set you up. Set us up. He made me believe he was giving me this huge responsibility to make sure you're okay.. only to find out.."
 

"It's done." Dara said simply. "We'll move on." She turned her gaze towards the juniors and Big Bang, "I'm sorry if my problems could affect you.."
 

"Stop." TOP ordered. "We got you're back. Whatever happens, happens."
 

"Still.. Winner and iKon have been working so hard.." Dara said regretfully.
 

Seungyoon shrugged. "There will be other opportunities to release our collab, noona. Maybe we'll release it next month or maybe next year.."
 

"Besides, we're not even sure the collab would be approved so don't worry about it, noona." Hanbin added.
 

Daesung turned to the younger boys he offered some advice. "Your fans won't leave you because of this. They love you for your songs and for who you are. If they are truly your fans, all this won't matter. Believe me, we've been there countless times and we're still here."
 

Youngbae nodded. "So what's the plan?"
 

"We're leaving." Jiyong stated.
 

"We're coming along." Bom announced.
 

Jiyong looked at Dara meaningfully. Silently asking her for her permission. Dara had no clue what he meant but she trusts him completely so she just nodded. "To Jeju. Or Busan. Maybe both."
 

"What?"
 

"We need space." Dara told them. "Before, if I had a scandal I would defer to whatever Sajangnim deems best but I can't do that now. Not when I don't trust him."
 

Everyone understood. Even if they don't know everything, they know enough to understand and to agree.
 

"A vacation sounds nice." Bom mused. 
 

"I'll call Jjangmae." CL said pulling out our phone.
 

"I have a shoot tomorrow but I can follow after." Minzy said.
 

"I'm coming with you." Seungri announced, still clinging to Dara.
 

"Big Bang's going to Jeju!" Daesung cheered.
 

"Seunyoon-ah.." Jinwoo called their leader. "Can we come too?"
 

"Hanbin hyung.." Chanwoo appealed to theirs.
 

Both leaders looked really torn as their members looked at them hopefully. They wanted to be support their Dara noona and be with sunbaenims but..
 

Dara saw this and took matters in their own hands. "Don't you guys have schedules? I know you do since you've been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter